abum

FBI seized top secret documents at Trump's home; Espionage Act cited

62 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Why did Obama take thousands of documents home, promising to give them to the presidential archive folks, but still hasn't?

Thoroughly debunked, a few days back.

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-host-refutes-trump-claim-obama-kept-33m-classified-documents-1733434

Filed: Other Timeline
20 minutes ago, laylalex said:

as expected of the compulsive liar (of which Trump cult followers will say "all politicians lie so what???")

YgeKKVm.png

if only cult followers are able to read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/11/fox-trump-maralago-search-obama/

But that doesn’t mean it bears any resemblance to what prompted the Trump search. As was reported back in late 2016, the Obama team was transferring the records to Chicago through the National Archives, which legally owns the documents once a president leaves office. Once the documents ultimately reached a warehouse in Chicago, the Obama Foundation was then due to pay the National Archives and Record Administration to digitize the documents. The lengthiness of that process aside, there isn’t the faintest hint of legal violations — nor does the New York Post’s story suggest as much.

The faintest hint of evidence, of course, is currently surplus to requirements on many portions of the right. Hannity stated conspiratorially that “they shipped 30 million pages of sensitive and possibly classified materials to Chicago,” without noting that the “they” included the National Archives.

The implication is that perhaps Obama, too, is surreptitiously obscuring his sensitive documents — but without being searched. But there’s no evidence he has hidden anything from the Archives or that he didn’t go through the processes required to share and protect those documents once they leave Washington.

And on Friday, after Trump raised the issue again, the Archives sought to put an end to the charade. It issued a statement outlining these facts and assuring that it has custody of classified documents:

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.

In other words, there’s no parallel.

the cult's excuse and defense mechanism would always be "whataboutism" - Her Emails!!! His Laptops!! Obama shipped documents!! 

9 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

I've got an idea... let's stop talking about Trump.  Instead, can you outline what you think Biden has done good for us since you elected him?

"let's stop talking about Trump" in a thread about FBI seizing top secret documents from Trump's residence

That is an interesting suggestion. Not sure why anyone would want to do that. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

Why did he have these documents anyway,  

really don't understand why a former president would need to hold on to things after leaving office.

3 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

Why did Obama take thousands of documents home?

Not at all. From your article:

Baier on Friday rejected the comparison during a Fox News segment, saying that while Obama had relocated the documents,”

So Obama relocated documents. Period.  

And yet you don’t question why he relocated documents while questioning why Trump relocated documents.

This story like Russian collusion, the “five people” hoax, and several others is a manufactured story.  He was president. He decides what is classified or not. Not a bureaucrat.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, abum said:

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

OMG, Bill Barr didn't believe the lie? 

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/1104081027/ivanka-trump-said-she-accepted-barrs-conclusion-that-the-2020-election-wasnt-sto

OMG Ivanka doesn't have a modicum of intelligence? 

Trump cultist can believe all the lies they want, it wont make it true.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/08/1100696685/wisconsin-supreme-court-ballot-drop-boxes-disability-assistance

So the Wisconsin court lied too?

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Not at all. From your article:

Baier on Friday rejected the comparison during a Fox News segment, saying that while Obama had relocated the documents,”

So Obama relocated documents. Period.  

Premise: "Trump lived in White House, Obama lived in White House."

Conclusion: "So Trump is OBAMA!!!!!11111One ... Period!" 

Hahahaha. I always surprised how it can be more nonsensical than the comments before. 

Perhaps read more of the news, i even pasted it above.

Also, before pasting unrelated news, have a read of what Bill Barr and Ivanka agreed to. Or maybe not, as Ivanka might not have a modicum of intelligence.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-lawsuits-election-results-2020-11

OMG all the courts lied too?

"Trump and his allies filed more than 40 lawsuits challenging the 2020 election results. All of them failed."

geez, get a grip of reality instead of clutching at straws trying to support the cult mentality. 

Edited by abum

Timeline
49 minutes ago, abum said:

Premise: "Trump lived in White House, Obama lived in White House."

Conclusion: "So Trump is OBAMA!!!!!11111One ... Period!"

I don’t know what your point is. My point  however is clear. Presidents take home documents  before they leave office whether you and the rest of the left like it or not.  

Hahahaha. I always surprised how it can be more nonsensical than the comments before. 

Perhaps read more of the news, i even pasted it above.

Also, before pasting unrelated news, have a read of what Bill Barr and Ivanka agreed to.

Your attempt to dictate to me or tell me what I  can say or not say on this forum is futile.  

Or maybe not, as Ivanka might not have a modicum of intelligence.

Well we have found common ground there.  

Those courts decided to not have a trial. Let me know when a court, like the decision I cited, which is relevant to 2020, actually has a trial.  

geez, get a grip of reality instead of clutching at straws trying to support the cult mentality. 

At  least you are amusing.  

Edited by Mike E

3 hours ago, abum said:

if only cult followers are able to read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/11/fox-trump-maralago-search-obama/

But that doesn’t mean it bears any resemblance to what prompted the Trump search. 

If you do not know what my point is, have a read of the news above, easier if i quote myself.

and reflect again on your "PERIOD" conclusion which is nonsensical as THERE IS NO PARALLEL between the two events, as everyone with a modicum of intelligence knows. (quoting another forum member).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, abum said:

If you do not know what my point is, have a read of the news above, easier if i quote myself.

and reflect again on your "PERIOD" conclusion which is nonsensical as THERE IS NO PARALLEL between the two events, as everyone with a modicum of intelligence knows. (quoting another forum member).

I’m not going to respond to deflection. 

yes or no: 

1. Did Obama take documents home before he left office?

2. Did other presidents before Obama take documents home before leaving office?

3. Did a member of visajourney on this  thread question why Trump needed documents at home before he left office?

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m not going to respond to deflection. 

yes or no: 

1. Did Obama take documents home before he left office?

2. Did other presidents before Obama take documents home before leaving office?

3. Did a member of visajourney on this  thread question why Trump needed documents at home before he left office?

Yes or No:

1. Did Obama follow the process to take documents via National Archive?

2. Did Trump follow the process to take documents home WITHOUT NATIONAL ARCHIVE's process?

3. Did NA seek documents from Obama?

4. Did NA seek documents from Trump? 

And on Friday, after Trump raised the issue again, the Archives sought to put an end to the charade. It issued a statement outlining these facts and assuring that it has custody of classified documents:

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.

Edited by abum

14 minutes ago, abum said:

Yes or No:

1. Did Obama follow the process to take documents via National Archive? - YES

2. Did Trump follow the process to take documents home WITHOUT NATIONAL ARCHIVE's process? -NO (HE DID NOT FOLLOW THE DUE PROCESS TO TAKE DOCUMENTS AFTER LEAVING OFFICE)

3. Did NA seek documents from Obama? - NO

4. Did NA seek documents from Trump? - YES

Here is the cheatsheet, if you intend to answer later. Easy peasy.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ok I tried. So long. 

The feeling is mutual bruh. 

Edited by abum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, abum said:

"let's stop talking about Trump" in a thread about FBI seizing top secret documents from Trump's residence

That is an interesting suggestion. Not sure why anyone would want to do that. 

Because Biden is President although I am not sure he remembers this fact every day.  Because Joe Biden is doing more damage to this country in less than two years, then Jimmy Carter did in four.   Who really cares about Trump except for all those Democrats and other DC insiders that are still inflicted with TDS.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!