Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

Ok, so I know I am at the end of this queue, since my case is not even DQ'd yet. But I am getting very confused and disappointed. The newest issue is the "case review" timelines by NVC (which I am monitoring to see when I will get DQ'd). Just yesterday, it said as of October 10, they were reviewing cases received on October 3rd (1 week behind). Today, it says as of October 16th, they are reviewing cases received on August 17th!! So they went back by 2 months??? This is the same as what they have done with the consular updates (back to Jan 2021 from April 2022).

image.png.6a4f3f7745ed6b950e9b8b524d8ceb7e.png

On 10/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, TheMaverick said:

But that makes it very clear that NVC has no role to play in deciding IL. So let’s direct all our questions to the Montreal email. 

NVC has no role to play in deciding priorities for IL. It is entirely the consulate's decision. The consulate may try to shift responsibility to NVC, but know that ultimately it is the Consulate who decides.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How extensive is the medical? What did they check or ask about? Also does the doctor get access to your medical records in Canada or do we have to bring documents with us? Thanks

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rico777 said:

How extensive is the medical? What did they check or ask about? Also does the doctor get access to your medical records in Canada or do we have to bring documents with us? Thanks

I went with Dr. Cheema, I took my immunization records printed from the AB and BC healthcare websites. He asked a few simple questions and that was it. You would then go for an x-ray and blood test.

~~

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2023 at 8:13 PM, MajesticApricot said:

I moved my case to my home country. Good luck everyone waiting for Montreal interview. Hope God heard your prayers and backlog gets cleared soon.

Good luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaSalu said:

I wish I had the option, like you did.

I actually do have a couple of other options but they are supposedly even more backed up than Montreal. So while Montreal has been really slow, I just wanted to say that other countries may be even worse depending on the jurisdiction. Kind of makes me feel better if ever so slightly lol.

Timeline
3 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

September Stats are out

image.png.9c90320bb444e9ed726206ae5ec69261.png

Thanks for sharing. Seems like pretty standard numbers unlike the outliers from July where many more visa were issued in the E category.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, MajesticApricot said:

I moved my case to my home country. Good luck everyone waiting for Montreal interview. Hope God heard your prayers and backlog gets cleared soon.

How long did you wait until you moved your interview? I’m thinking where to choose here in Montreal or my country

On 10/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, AnnaSalu said:

Ok, so I know I am at the end of this queue, since my case is not even DQ'd yet. But I am getting very confused and disappointed. The newest issue is the "case review" timelines by NVC (which I am monitoring to see when I will get DQ'd). Just yesterday, it said as of October 10, they were reviewing cases received on October 3rd (1 week behind). Today, it says as of October 16th, they are reviewing cases received on August 17th!! So they went back by 2 months??? This is the same as what they have done with the consular updates (back to Jan 2021 from April 2022).

image.png.6a4f3f7745ed6b950e9b8b524d8ceb7e.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.