Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,193 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, PeskyImmigration said:

Wow - thats insane. Why are they not processing employment based category? Just a rhetorical outburst. Where did you find details that 
folks DQ'ed in Jan'23 haven't received IL yet?  

We have a spreadsheet of everyone who is waiting. If you go to page one of this thread and scroll down, you can find it. 

The official montreal website says January 2021. But eb1 has progressed further. They are still blaming covid back logs. But nobody has been given an interview letter since may. Not sure what monteal are doing at this point. 

21 hours ago, PeskyImmigration said:

Wow - thats insane. Why are they not processing employment based category? Just a rhetorical outburst. Where did you find details that 
folks DQ'ed in Jan'23 haven't received IL yet?  

Montreal has been super disappointing and they will continue to disappoint. Please do not have any high hopes. If you have any option of switching your VO please do it now. There are folks DQ from early 2022 still waiting. I am DQd since May 2022 and till the Aug bulletin I was current but no IL. Was reading on the blog someone was so fed up with Montreal they asked to switch the VO sometime around December 2022, Jan 2023 they got acknowledgments, March 2023 they got IL for May 2023 and they you go we are still waiting. So if you have any other nationality or your spouse has any nationality do not waste time with Montreal. The other issue with Montreal is the percentage of cases being directed for administrative processing is one of the highest across all VO. There is another blog just dedicated for the number of folks in AP and once in AP It could take easily over 6 months to come out of AP. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We are all waiting and very disappointed with how things are going with Montreal consulate.  Is there anything we can do to have our voices heard?

Based on the chart below that I created from available data, It looks like numbers of visas issued are going down instead of going up to counter the "COVID" caused backlogs:

image.png.71061972d6b7d256bed39295f024725b.png 

So what’s the current wait time for EB?

I am about to become DQ’d for EB2, but after reading this thread I want to move my case to my home country - Latvia.

Has anyone had any experience of moving cases?

What’s the interview wait time for EB in Montreal?

Edited by MajesticApricot

9 minutes ago, MajesticApricot said:

I am about to become DQ’d for EB2, but after reading this thread I want to move my case to my home country - Latvia.

My DQ day is February 2022, I waited for thirteen months to receive the interview letter, interview in June 2023, EB3

10 minutes ago, Lkkclub123 said:

My DQ day is February 2022, I waited for thirteen months to receive the interview letter, interview in June 2023, EB3

Better than 2 years, but still… they should cut it to 3-4 months maximum!

and congratulations! How’s the interview? Did you get it?

Edited by MajesticApricot

1 hour ago, MajesticApricot said:

If you can afford (time and money wise) to travel back to home for the medical and interview, I'd say do it, especially you aren't DQ'ed yet. Because depending on the consulate, when you move the case, some of the reset the DQ'ed date to the date of the move. It's as easy as sending a request to the NVC telling them you want to move the case. My lawyers tried to do it, and literally on the same day we sent the request, MTL sent the interview letter. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey folks, are there cases where you can “fail” the interview and get a flat out denial? I understand sometimes they request more paperwork, etc. I’m EB2 NIW.

36 minutes ago, Rico777 said:

Hey folks, are there cases where you can “fail” the interview and get a flat out denial? I understand sometimes they request more paperwork, etc. I’m EB2 NIW.

I'd only imagine if you have forged documents. Lied about anything or they become aware of a crime you have committed would you actually be denied. 

I know there are some issues if you have served for a military whose country have recently been at war with America. 

But if your documents and application are legit I don't think you get rejected at this stage. 

2 hours ago, MajesticApricot said:

Definitely move your case if you have the option. The current wait time officially is 2.5 year. Realistically I think its about 1 year. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.