Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

Latest visa statistics are in:

image.png.e74628cbb022d7e973f4a1d0a19aec88.png

kind of expected ... it was for Sept so since Others (DV,etc) have their visa expiring soon (on Oct.), they get all invited asap (hence the huge number of 122 ILs sent for that category). So an increase in Others (DV,etc) and a decrease for K/IR/F/E. that can also happen for the next month ... we'll see.
EDIT: No never  mind, given last year results (9/1/2021) I see ZERO invites for the month after in others. So pretty sure the next batch of data will show K/IR/F/E getting back up again.

Edited by immishok

2 hours ago, immishok said:

kind of expected ... it was for Sept so since Others (DV,etc) have their visa expiring soon (on Oct.), they get all invited asap (hence the huge number of 122 ILs sent for that category). So an increase in Others (DV,etc) and a decrease for K/IR/F/E. that can also happen for the next month ... we'll see.
EDIT: No never  mind, given last year results (9/1/2021) I see ZERO invites for the month after in others. So pretty sure the next batch of data will show K/IR/F/E getting back up again.

Hopefully E's will go back to 20%...

December is close. I wonder how much will get done during last 2 weeks of Dec and first week of Jan.

No website updates yet.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Awesome! So glad that you were able to get the rescheduled interview date soon enough! Status switched to issued the same day (for spouse next day) and got notification of being dispatched to courier today (so 2 days after). Will keep you posted when I actually receive it. All the best!

Yes, we were able to snag one of the few spots (two dates were available) in November!  Great to hear your passports have been dispatched already.  Are you having them couriered directly to you?  

2 hours ago, LMIV said:

Yes, we were able to snag one of the few spots (two dates were available) in November!  Great to hear your passports have been dispatched already.  Are you having them couriered directly to you?  

Awesome! Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at the speed. Had it shipped to the Post Office close to us (trying to reduce the number of stops/transfers). It’s already arrived, however we are on a pre-arranged trip so couldn’t pick it up today, will collect it when we’re back on Monday!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

Does that mean that we can apply for a visa at say, Belgium, even though we have absolutely no ties to the country?

"We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html."

5 minutes ago, Leeching Spouse said:

Does that mean that we can apply for a visa at say, Belgium, even though we have absolutely no ties to the country?

"We urge any visa applicant who can travel to another embassy or consulate with shorter wait times to consider doing so.  There is no penalty for applying anywhere appointments are available, even outside your home country.  For the latest information about wait times, see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html."

I know you can do that for nonimmigrant visas (e.g. if you are just travelling as a tourist to another country, but have no permanent residence there). But I am not so sure about immigrant visas. If it was possible, we should have seen an announcement or sth from NVC.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Leeching Spouse said:

I was wondering the same thing!

Timeline
On 10/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, Ava1 said:

How do we move our car from Alberta to Texas? I would appreciate any reference/suggestion for the car moving companies. Thanks.

You can use a brokerage company to do this.  We are going to import our car at the POE when we move.  This is what is required at the POE:

Bill of Sale

Registration

Compliance Letter from Manufacturer

Proof of Insurance

HS-7 form

EPA form

3520-1 form

My friend recently moved to TX.  When you arrive in TX you will need to get a "police vehicle inspection."  This can take 8 weeks depending on which area you live in, so book early if you can.  You will also need an environmental and general out of state inspection.  Once all of those are completed, you need to make an appt with the local County Tax office (they need pretty much everything you needed to import the vehicle as well as the forms from the inspections).

I hope this helps!

16 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

I was wondering the same thing!

I asked my lawyer, under the context that I will be spending 3-4 months in Mexico, as a snowbird essentially, and if I could transfer my case there. They said in particular for Mexico, one had to have been there for over 6 months at the time of interview to be eligible. 
So it seems like you’d have to have ties to the country where do you the immigrant visa interview. The recommendations for moving venue seems only applies to non-immigrant visas…

Question for all members. Do I need a new police certificate from my home country if the one submitted initially is more than two years old by now? I haven't visited my home country since the last time the police certificate was issued. Just wondering if anyone with similar issue had already attended the interview, and if the visa officer asked for a new police certificate.

1 minute ago, Nimar said:

Question for all members. Do I need a new police certificate from my home country if the one submitted initially is more than two years old by now? I haven't visited my home country since the last time the police certificate was issued. Just wondering if anyone with similar issue had already attended the interview, and if the visa officer asked for a new police certificate.

No you don't need to. Quote from NVC's website under Police certificates tab:

"Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

Edited by immishok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.