AnotherGC

August 2022 NVC submission

326 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, B3&P said:

Thank you!

As you know NVC suspended phone call so I sent an inquiry. 
NVC inquiry replied by an email. 
My final submission date was September 12th😊

Exactly ! Oh wow 

I was just so surprised they had jumped to September 12th submission, that is so amazing . Happy for you  😊

My final submission was September 27th , praying for that kind of jump😂. Wishing you the very best with the rest of your journey !

Just so everyone knows they go off of your last submission of your FINAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS not off of your last additional documents submission. I submitted my last required document Aug 23. I added additional documents on Sept 12 and Oct 15. I got DQ on Oct 19 based off of my Aug 23 submission date. Hope this helps everyone

4 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Just so everyone knows they go off of your last submission of your FINAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS not off of your last additional documents submission. I submitted my last required document Aug 23. I added additional documents on Sept 12 and Oct 15. I got DQ on Oct 19 based off of my Aug 23 submission date. Hope this helps everyone

Thank you for the info. I'm curious though - we got an rfe for W2 (submitted last 3 tax returns), so my husband uploaded it to the "additional documents" cathegory on October 4th. Did we screw up? Should we reupload it to the recquired documents now or is it ok where it is right now?

22 minutes ago, Ladee said:

Exactly ! Oh wow 

I was just so surprised they had jumped to September 12th submission, that is so amazing . Happy for you  😊

My final submission was September 27th , praying for that kind of jump😂. Wishing you the very best with the rest of your journey !

Thank youuuu🤍 

Actually NVC time clock start counting since first submission date of "Required docs". 

Additional docs doesn't reset the clock yayy

I uploaded required docs on August 31st very quickly and uploaded additional later(September 12th). 

Good luck to you👍🏻👍🏻

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, B3&P said:

Thank youuuu🤍 

Actually NVC time clock start counting since first submission date of "Required docs". 

Additional docs doesn't reset the clock yayy

I uploaded required docs on August 31st very quickly and uploaded additional later(September 12th). 

Good luck to you👍🏻👍🏻

Oh okay this makes a lot more sense . Thank youu!

18 minutes ago, Tereza said:

Thank you for the info. I'm curious though - we got an rfe for W2 (submitted last 3 tax returns), so my husband uploaded it to the "additional documents" cathegory on October 4th. Did we screw up? Should we reupload it to the recquired documents now or is it ok where it is right now?

I am not 100% sure on that but from what I can gather I believe that it is fine where it is. You have uploaded and submitted it and NVC will review it and move it to required docs once they review it. That is what they did to mine when they reviewed it so I believe that they will do the same for you 

3 hours ago, chuks22 said:

Today October 20th I got email from NVC asking for my wife divorce document. Our attorney did this costly mistake,we will submit it to them as soon as possible today.They have accepted all the remaining documents. Submission date was August 25th.

I got the same this morning.  I had to replace my husband's divorce decree... I hope by replacing it as soon as I got the email means they review again, instead of resetting the clock. :(  I hope everyone else gets their DQ.  I was anxiously awaiting the DQ this week and am still hopeful you and I will get reviewed again today before they move on to September.  My submission was Aug 26th.

I got email requesting I replace my husband's divorce decree with an acceptable copy - it didn't say rejected though... I hope that by me replacing (versus uploading a new copy) it as soon as I got the email this morning means they review again today (fingers and eyes crossed), and it won't reset the clock. :(  I hope everyone else gets their DQ.  I was anxiously awaiting the DQ this week and am still hopeful I will get reviewed again today before they move on to September submissions.  Every single other document was accepted in AOS and Civil Docs, except the beneficiary divorce decree.  My original submission was Aug 26th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Divorce document is required document or additional document?, because NVC requested for my wife divorce document today so that I will know how to prepare my waiting time. 

Just now, chuks22 said:

Divorce document is required document or additional document?, because NVC requested for my wife divorce document today so that I will know how to prepare my waiting time. 

it is required, but I had the wrong version of it apparently.  But you can also add to the additional documents... I had it in both places (the lawyer's office had uploaded a very blurry copy, so I uploaded a "clear version" under additional and the same doc was rejected in both spots).  So I replaced in the required and also uploaded in the additional docs.  Better safe in both spots than sorry.  Make sense?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
4 hours ago, B3&P said:

I'm so sorry to hear that😢

But I think if you upload divorce decree then you can get DQ because they didn't ask any other papers. Hang on there!

They didn't ask for any other document than my wife divorce document so I just pray this mistake will not put me at the back of the line again.

2 minutes ago, chuks22 said:

They didn't ask for any other document than my wife divorce document so I just pray this mistake will not put me at the back of the line again.

Same here. :(  good luck all the same

21 minutes ago, chuks22 said:

It is a required document 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:03 AM, Bigmasoud said:

Thanks. Yes I did, and did it quite fast. After 4 hours the same day, but they gave me the dq the day after.

I hope that's the case for me.  God the dreaded RFE for wrong version of divorce decree for beneficiary -- yet I submitted the right one right away.  But today is Friday, so hoping I'll know tomorrow (Sat?) or Monday that I am fully DQ'd.  Everything else was accepted.  Good luck on  your continued journey my dear. ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, TayTay2022 said:

I hope that's the case for me.  God the dreaded RFE for wrong version of divorce decree for beneficiary -- yet I submitted the right one right away.  But today is Friday, so hoping I'll know tomorrow (Sat?) or Monday that I am fully DQ'd.  Everything else was accepted.  Good luck on  your continued journey my dear. ❤️ 

I got an RFE for my marriage certificate, I uploaded it as soon as I was able to login and view the error. It has been 3 days or so since then, still no response. I think I have to wait the full 60 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.