AnotherGC

August 2022 NVC submission

326 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, AnotherGC said:

Hi,

I have submited documents on August 10th. How do we know the NVC received the same ? The CEAC website is showing I have paid the fee and completed the DS-260 forms. 

If your CEAC page shows "COMPLETED", "PAID", "SUBMITTED" for all the entries in this order, then yours is in line to be reviewed.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, chaoticenergy said:

If your CEAC page shows "COMPLETED", "PAID", "SUBMITTED" for all the entries in this order, then yours is in line to be reviewed.

Thanks. Till now it is showing only 2 columns, so it seems that the civic documents are not recorded.

7 minutes ago, AnotherGC said:

Till now it is showing only 2 columns, so it seems that the civic documents are not recorded.

Your profile says EB1.  Employment-based visa categories have different NVC process than family-based ones.  You likely will not see the civil documents tab or status on your CEAC page.

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Your profile says EB1.  Employment-based visa categories have different NVC process than family-based ones.  You likely will not see the civil documents tab or status on your CEAC page.

Oh sorry I didn't see that he had EB1. Yeah, I was referring to a different category.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

Oh sorry I didn't see that he had EB1. Yeah, I was referring to a different category.

Thanks. Yes, I am applying for EB1, this week I tried to expedite my case at NVC as my joining date is within 1  month, however it was rejected as the embassy didn't agree. 

Hello. Case received by NVC on Aug 15. Submitted my civil documents last night and will complete and submit everything in its entirety on Tuesday!!!

On 8/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, AnotherGC said:

Thanks. Yes, I am applying for EB1, this week I tried to expedite my case at NVC as my joining date is within 1  month, however it was rejected as the embassy didn't agree. 

Sucks. Do they expect you to just find another job?

Timeline

Hi,

Did you receive any update on the submitted dcocuments from NVC ? Will they start looking at the documents imemdiately once you submit or wi they take time of around 70 days and tell that something is missing ?  When do we get the email from NVC that we are DQed?

20 hours ago, AnotherGC said:

Hi,

Did you receive any update on the submitted dcocuments from NVC ? Will they start looking at the documents imemdiately once you submit or wi they take time of around 70 days and tell that something is missing ?  When do we get the email from NVC that we are DQed?

Hi, we submitted the documents on August 19th and nothing has happened yet. I guess we should be waiting for a response around 70 days. Hopefully it comes sooner. I've had an inquiry about changing the consulate and based on the NVC time frames, that takes another 60 days. I don't know if these things happen concurrently, but if they don't, we're looking at 130 days (-10 days) 😄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.