usa123

Is there any way to go back to USA and become LPR again after 6 years?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/27/2023 at 3:24 AM, usa123 said:

@powerpuff yeah Pakistani FIA denied me.
Is there any authentic source which tells we will SURELY get boarded on place having a Pakistani passport along with a Green Card and 6 7 8 9 years old US exit stamp?

You could also try getting to Canada or Mexico and then entering the US by road.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, usa123 said:

@bzbee I know Canada is visa-free for Green Card holders but I still doubt what these Pakistani immigration do to me when I try to go to Canada.

In my situation, round-trip to Qatar seems more good idea.

No, do not try to fly based on your to GC again from Pakistan. Get a visa or fly to a visa-free/e-visa country first.

Both Mexico and Canada are visa free for GC holders. And, in my personal opinion, the border checks at the road & sea entries are more relaxed than at the Airports. I entered twice from Mexico and twice from Canada using my GC. At the Mexico crossings  (Ciudad Juárez and Tijuana, both were very busy and had to wait to an hour or so in traffic) they just checked the passports, GCs and faces, asked a few basic questions and waved us thru. I was driving back from Toronto and crossed at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge , the border crossing was super busy and lines were backed up for more than a mile. Same experience - a few basic questions and waved us thru. Most rigorous check was at the Niagara Falls - I crossed into Canada by foot over rainbow bridge in the morning and returned in the afternoon, they asked us a lot more questions and seemed to check our documents more closely before allowing.

Qatar or UAE would be the easy choice. Pak has E-Visa to UAE and VOA to Qatar. I'd prefer UAE with e-Visa so that you have a valid travel document in hand in case the FIA questions again. And yes, it should be a round trip ticket so prove that you are returning to Pak. A one-way ticket might arouse their suspicions. Dubai / Abu Dhabi are popular tourist spots, and an e-Visa should be easy - apply & pay online, get the visa in email, print it out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, bzbee said:

No, do not try to fly based on your to GC again from Pakistan. Get a visa or fly to a visa-free/e-visa country first.

Both Mexico and Canada are visa free for GC holders. And, in my personal opinion, the border checks at the road & sea entries are more relaxed than at the Airports. I entered twice from Mexico and twice from Canada using my GC. At the Mexico crossings  (Ciudad Juárez and Tijuana, both were very busy and had to wait to an hour or so in traffic) they just checked the passports, GCs and faces, asked a few basic questions and waved us thru. I was driving back from Toronto and crossed at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge , the border crossing was super busy and lines were backed up for more than a mile. Same experience - a few basic questions and waved us thru. Most rigorous check was at the Niagara Falls - I crossed into Canada by foot over rainbow bridge in the morning and returned in the afternoon, they asked us a lot more questions and seemed to check our documents more closely before allowing.

Qatar or UAE would be the easy choice. Pak has E-Visa to UAE and VOA to Qatar. I'd prefer UAE with e-Visa so that you have a valid travel document in hand in case the FIA questions again. And yes, it should be a round trip ticket so prove that you are returning to Pak. A one-way ticket might arouse their suspicions. Dubai / Abu Dhabi are popular tourist spots, and an e-Visa should be easy - apply & pay online, get the visa in email, print it out.

I would also recommend the UAE.  I believe Abu Dhabi has pre-clearance to the US as well.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I believe Abu Dhabi has pre-clearance to the US as well.

It does. It would be devastating to be denied entry to the U.S. by CBP at Abu Dhabi. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It does. It would be devastating to be denied entry to the U.S. by CBP at Abu Dhabi. 

There are pros and cons to either flying to the US and being denied or being denied at a pre-clearance airport.  I tend to agree though that it would be best to route to UAE, then take a flight to Canada and cross by land.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

There are pros and cons to either flying to the US and being denied

LPRs at ports of entry on U.S. soil, legally, cannot be denied entry. 

or being denied at a pre-clearance airport.  I tend to agree though that it would be best to route to UAE, then take a flight to Canada and cross by land.

UAE has another major airport: Dubai. And no CBP pre-clearance at Dubai (yet).

Timeline
Just now, Mike E said:

UAE has another major airport: Dubai. And no CBP pre-clearance at Dubai (yet).

Yes, the wife has flown through Dubai.  She likes that airport.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yeah, I don't suggest Abu Dhabi. Have no option if boarding is denied there.

But fly to JFK from Dubai, and once you are on American soil you have certain rights as a GC holder. Even if the GC is out of status they can't just up and deport you. They may detain you, give you time to find representation and probably release you on parole till your case is decided by an Immigration Court.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Exactly!

8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

There are pros and cons to either flying to the US and being denied or being denied at a pre-clearance airport.  I tend to agree though that it would be best to route to UAE, then take a flight to Canada and cross by land.

I agree. Crossing via land border is probably the best option. 

To illustrate how relaxed the land borders are compared to the International Airports, see this article from CNBC today.

Indian-origin man in US sentenced to jail for smuggling more than 800 Indians using Uber

A 49-year-old Indian-origin man was sentenced to over three years in jail for smuggling more than 800 Indian citizens into the US using ride-hailing app Uber.

Dude just drove them across the border from Canada in an Uber 😆 - gotta admire the creative thinking 🙏

Edited by bzbee

Ok after reading everyone's latest comments, its clear that going to Dubai on visit having a return ticket, and then flying to US from Dubai International Airport (DXB) is good option.

Searching on google shows several websites, which one is real website to apply an E-Visa from Pakistan? https://www.uaevisa.ae/ or some other?

Timeline
4 hours ago, usa123 said:

Ok after reading everyone's latest comments, its clear that going to Dubai on visit having a return ticket, and then flying to US from Dubai International Airport (DXB) is good option.

Searching on google shows several websites, which one is real website to apply an E-Visa from Pakistan? https://www.uaevisa.ae/ or some other?

This seems to be the government site.

https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/where-to-apply-for-entry-permits-or-visas

Timeline
10 hours ago, usa123 said:

The Emirates website has good information on visa requirements and other details.

https://www.emirates.com/us/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/find-uae-visa-requirements/?nationality=pk&destination=ae

This is what it says for Pakistan nationals - note that the official government site will have "gov.ae" at the end of the domain.

Visa Issuance:
E-visas can be obtained before departure at https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/HomePage.aspx (for Dubai)

or https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/login (for other emirates).

Passengers must have a printed e-visa confirmation.

Warning: Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry.

Etihad also offers a Visa Application Center - https://uaevisas.etihad.com/echannels/web/client/etihad/index.html#/dashboard

You can apply for a 'Single Entry 3--day Tourist Visa' for AED 300 (about 23,500 PKR). 

Please note the warning - You need a return ticket or onward ticket to be allowed entry. Also, good idea to have travel/health insurance in UAE - they sometimes ask for that.

To cross via land border, best to fly from DXB to Toronto. If possible, ask a friend or relative to come pick you up and drive back to the US. If not, you take a bus from Toronto to Buffalo or NYC. Yes, this takes a bit more time & money but seems to be the option with the least risk. Driving in car is better as you don't have to even get out unless they ask you to. In a bus, everyone has to de-board at the border and go thru security and re-board on the other side. You could also take a Uber, but it will be expensive. Or you could go to Niagara Falls and walk across the rainbow bridge during a busy weekend. 

You could of course just fly direct to JFK or ORD from DXB. 

Edited by bzbee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.