Ms. Clarke

What you think? Embassy short reply message and drug ban

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy gave a short message:”does not need interview. Need to complete random test. “  with a link to the portal  for the instructions to mail up passport and picture and a authorization paper to do so. 
my fiancée mailed in his passport and pic as the instructions stated. 
However, I was under the assumption that you have to go back to medical before they finalize your visa . His ban ended April 27, 2022 and his first random test was September 2021.  That message from the embassy is so unclear. I asked before when is the random drug test considered complete ? At the end of your ban date or one year from your 1st random test ?  Still never can get a straight clear  answer. 
I emailed the embassy asking for clarification of how to complete random testing or what is considered complete? 
Do you think the embassy  just going to issue the visa with out a final medical ?

or

my fiancé still in the random testing pool and need to wait for more instructions?

or 

the embassy officer messed up and didn’t give all of the proper information  (schedule medical appt) to complete the case ? 
I’m stuck between these  three options 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Only the consulate can answer those questions.  They should provide you with instructions.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Only the consulate can answer those questions.  They should provide you with instructions.

I did receive instructions, mail in passport, picture, and instructions to do so. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Do you think the embassy  just going to issue the visa with out a final medical ?

Doubt it

my fiancé still in the random testing pool and need to wait for more instructions?

Probably

the embassy officer messed up and didn’t give all of the proper information  (schedule medical appt) to complete the case ? 

Also probable. 
we don’t know the answers to these questions. It seems that they are the ones to answer.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

did receive instructions, mail in passport, picture, and instructions to do so. 

Run , don’t walk and mail in as instructed. Looks like, no new medical ( validity was extended to 2 years), no new interview. 

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. ..

Universe and Good Faith is answering your prayers for a quick approval 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After the random testing is done per their instructions,  then if the embassy is satisfied with the random testing,  they will say do the medical exam

it has to be done

you are still in the random testing pool and further instructions will come 

and they don't need a new interview/ that is not necessary 

timeline says he interviewed in 4/2021 

was his last drug test a complete medical exam?

Timeline

So many mixed responses. This just confirms I knew I wasn’t insane for being unsure. 
update : received a generic email that says 

Dear Visa Applicant,

The documents you delivered to the service center at Kingston Document Service Center have been received and will be forwarded to the U.S. Consular Section for processing.

Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. The processing time of a U.S. visa application varies in duration for each individual applicant. If your visa application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to receive your visa; otherwise, you will receive an email with further instructions for continuing your visa application. You may verify the status of your visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.

Best regards,

The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, Ms. Clarke said:

The embassy gave a short message:”does not need interview. Need to complete random test. “  with a link to the portal  for the instructions to mail up passport and picture and a authorization paper to do so. 
my fiancée mailed in his passport and pic as the instructions stated. 
However, I was under the assumption that you have to go back to medical before they finalize your visa . His ban ended April 27, 2022 and his first random test was September 2021.  That message from the embassy is so unclear. I asked before when is the random drug test considered complete ? At the end of your ban date or one year from your 1st random test ?  Still never can get a straight clear  answer. 
I emailed the embassy asking for clarification of how to complete random testing or what is considered complete? 

or

or 

I’m stuck between these  three options 

Ok, so you are not getting a clear answer to your question how do they determine '1 year' because your asking the wrong question. 

You said his ban ended April 22, so Im assuming he was denied April 21 right? But he didn't go for his first random test until September 21. Why so long? COVID delays? Did he contact them promptly and thats just how long it took? And when was his last test? Did they tell him this is your last test? 

See its all up to the Dr. They are required to impose a 1 yr period of mandatory random testing. But its up to the dr if they want to start the clock at April 21 or in September 21. The Embassy will accept whatever the Dr says because April 21 to April 22 is one year and drug screens were done but the Dr could also decide they want 1 year of testing done in which case timer didnt start until September. 

The best solution here besides waiting for the Embassy to get back to you is to CALL THE DR! Ask if they signed off on the medical and if not when will they, if you have to wait until September 22.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Ok, so you are not getting a clear answer to your question how do they determine '1 year' because your asking the wrong question. 

You said his ban ended April 22, so Im assuming he was denied April 21 right? But he didn't go for his first random test until September 21. Why so long? COVID delays? Did he contact them promptly and thats just how long it took? And when was his last test? Did they tell him this is your last test? 

See its all up to the Dr. They are required to impose a 1 yr period of mandatory random testing. But its up to the dr if they want to start the clock at April 21 or in September 21. The Embassy will accept whatever the Dr says because April 21 to April 22 is one year and drug screens were done but the Dr could also decide they want 1 year of testing done in which case timer didnt start until September. 

The best solution here besides waiting for the Embassy to get back to you is to CALL THE DR! Ask if they signed off on the medical and if not when will they, if you have to wait until September 22.

He started his random test in September 2021 because he initiated it in august 2021. His last test was in April 2022 he has not heard from medical again about a random test and they did not mention that it was his last one either. He calls medical and ask what is the timeframe or random testing and medical refuses to  give any information at all and  will either say wait to be contacted. Or contact the embassy. 

Edited by Ms. Clarke

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/27/2022 at 8:42 PM, Ms. Clarke said:

So many mixed responses. This just confirms I knew I wasn’t insane for being unsure. 
update : received a generic email that says 

Dear Visa Applicant,

The documents you delivered to the service center at Kingston Document Service Center have been received and will be forwarded to the U.S. Consular Section for processing.

Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. The processing time of a U.S. visa application varies in duration for each individual applicant. If your visa application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to receive your visa; otherwise, you will receive an email with further instructions for continuing your visa application. You may verify the status of your visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.

Best regards,

The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

This means they just received the passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.