Pat2021

July 2022 NVC Submission

173 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 9/12/2022 at 12:06 AM, Gash Xu said:

I am not DQ yet. That's why I going to ask

Hello any updates on ur documents?  Did they reappear? My documents went from accepted to missing and i am not dq.

Just now, Fouz said:

Hello any updates on ur documents?  Did they reappear? My documents went from accepted to missing and i am not dq.

Which one? Is it your first submission or a second one after an RFE?

Timeline
1 minute ago, NikoTaino said:

Which one? Is it your first submission or a second one after an RFE?

Second after an RFE. BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND POLICE CERTIFICATES for me and my 2 children. They were accepted in feb. Yesterday my civil documents were incomplete and certificates marked missing. The old ones still appear.

Screenshot_20220924-115316_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Fouz said:

Second after an RFE. BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND POLICE CERTIFICATES for me and my 2 children. They were accepted in feb. Yesterday my civil documents were incomplete and certificates marked missing. The old ones still appear.

Screenshot_20220924-115316_Chrome.jpg

I see. Police Certificates expires after 6 months or so. This is automatically done by the CEAC platform.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

I see. Police Certificates expires after 6 months or so. This is automatically done by the CEAC platform.

So they expect new ones to be resubmitted?  Any logical reason for birthfor my teenage kids?

4 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

Police Certificates expires after 6 months or so. This is automatically done by the CEAC platform.

For US immigration purposes, police certificates are valid for 2 years from the date of issue.  Note that the interviewing consul officer has discretion to ask for a more recent certificate, but NVC would not automatically remove an uploaded certificate older than 6 months.

From https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html -- "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

For US immigration purposes, police certificates are valid for 2 years from the date of issue.  Note that the interviewing consul officer has discretion to ask for a more recent certificate, but NVC would not automatically remove an uploaded certificate older than 6 months.

From https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html -- "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

With that said, was it removed because of this: unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.?

1 minute ago, NikoTaino said:

With that said, was it removed because of this: unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.?

NVC may relocate documents from one CEAC section to another, but I have not heard of them removing documents.  Post above is unclear, but it seems to me that the documents are mislabeled or uploaded in the wrong place, not removed.  For example, documents for parent and children should not be in the same section.  Each visa applicant should have their own documents uploaded under their name in CEAC.

9 minutes ago, Chancy said:

NVC may relocate documents from one CEAC section to another, but I have not heard of them removing documents.  Post above is unclear, but it seems to me that the documents are mislabeled or uploaded in the wrong place, not removed.  For example, documents for parent and children should not be in the same section.  Each visa applicant should have their own documents uploaded under their name in CEAC.

In my country, we've seen this issue multiple times. For some reason, the CEAC automatically expires certain documents, don't know why 😔

See an old post here: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

I would wait until tomorrow at least. If you don't hear anything back until Tuesday submit inquiry. 

I send an inquiry two months ago because we got a weird message from them a few days after we submitted everything. They replied on the 16th september that our case will be reviewed soon. 
Hopefully it will be this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.