170 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, mapi said:

Haha. Well, I'm not sure if you'll get approved in 2 months.

PD July 5 2022

AR July 5 2022

Texas (after chatting with Emma, receipt says Nebraska)

Our tab says 8 months still. I'm okay with that.

We're not in a hurry at all. We both love our life here. Actually we're aiming to move in December 2023. That will fit us best regarding work, getting things in line, my company car is due in November 23, so that'll save us a fine for handing it in early.

I think December should be safe for us to bet on.

But I just took a look at my timeline and it says mid-May 2023 we might get approved. Well, we'll see... If it is that early we might decide to move earlier anyway.

It's a bit tricky, since we're celebrating our marriage with an American wedding as well, mid-August. So, I don't want to risk missing an interview or so.

That’s OK.. If you get approval from USCIS early next year, NVC review process won’t start unless you paid the fees and uploaded everything in CEAT. That part you can delay a little bit if you want to stick to your timeline of Dec 2023. Cuz once everything is uploaded for NVC to process,i think it only takes about 2-3 months (assuming no RFEs) before getting DQ’d and they endorse for consular interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, CDFranck said:

That’s OK.. If you get approval from USCIS early next year, NVC review process won’t start unless you paid the fees and uploaded everything in CEAT. That part you can delay a little bit if you want to stick to your timeline of Dec 2023. Cuz once everything is uploaded for NVC to process,i think it only takes about 2-3 months (assuming no RFEs) before getting DQ’d and they endorse for consular interview

This is  what I heard too. 

4 hours ago, CDFranck said:

Exactly!

We're aware of that. If we decide to stick to the original plan then I'd probably upload all documents by mid-July and pay all fees. That will probably result in DQ end of August and an interview in Amsterdam early November.

Of course, we'll take action based on what other timelines are showing by then. It's not exact science 

Edited by mapi

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, mapi said:

Exactly!

We're aware of that. If we decide to stick to the original plan then I'd probably upload all documents by mid-July and pay all fees. That will probably result in DQ end of August and an interview in Amsterdam early November.

Of course, we'll take action based on what other timelines are showing by then. It's not exact science 

I saw a July filer processed in Nebraska SC got approved this month. 

1 minute ago, CDFranck said:

I saw a July filer processed in Nebraska SC got approved this month. 

They probably filed a k3? We're not using that. I know there's no guarantee that it'll speed up, but there seems to be/was a correlation.

Edited by mapi

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, AdileneR said:

Just a question out of curiosity, but does anyone think next year they’ll speed up the process or it will stay the same ? 

Haha, you know that it doesn't hold any value whatever we think, right?

Timeline
9 hours ago, AdileneR said:

Just a question out of curiosity, but does anyone think next year they’ll speed up the process or it will stay the same ? 

According to the USCIS, they planned to reduce processing time to 6 months for I-130 by the end of FY 2023. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/reducing-processing-backlogs 

But if you look at the historical data they published, it just does not look promising...    https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt 

BTW my estimated time till decision changed from 1 week to 2 months then to 2wks - 1wk - longer than expected. 😓 

For what it's worth: my wife and I filed the K3 to see what happens. We're not in a rush, but career-wise it would make sense for us to get settled there sooner than later.

I'm excited to see what happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello, 

filed I-130 for spouse

PD: July 7, 2022

filed K3 October 3 

I wish I had filed K3 sooner because a lot of people seem to have luck with it. 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Timeline
59 minutes ago, rocky95 said:

Hello! 

I received approval today. 

Vermont Service Center 

PD - 07/21/2022

NAO2-12/05/2022

Wow congrats! Did you file K3? I saw your other post about switching K1 to CR1. We are on the same boat. I have been waiting since October 2020.... 😓

Edited by FlyG22

9 minutes ago, FlyG22 said:

Wow congrats! Did you file K3? 

Thank you!

No I didn't. I use to be a fiance visa applicant. My fiance(now husband) originally filed for fiance visa because the borders were closed and we couldn't get married. We basically waited a full year on the fiance visa and still didn't hear anything back. They finally opened the borders this July and my husband and I decided to abandon the fiance visa and get married. 

Everyone told us that we would have to start over with the immigration process and all the time we waited would be for nothing, but we didn't care because the green card it just so much better. So we applied for the I-130 in July two weeks after we got married. When I sent in my I-130 application I also sent them a letter saying that we got married and would no longer pursuing the fiance visa anymore. Well they never closed our fiance visa case (I think because my withdrawal letter was sent with my application to the Vermont center instead of the California center where my fiance visa was at)......

So around this time is when our fiance visa would have gotten approved if we stuck with it. I think what happened was, they got to our old fiance visa application because it was about that time to review it and saw the I-130 application and reviewed/ approved that instead. 

I guess in a way our old fiance visa because the application was never "closed" it kind of acted like a "k3" and expedited the process! 

That is my guess, because the approval was super fast especially for Vermont!

Edited by rocky95

14 minutes ago, FlyG22 said:

Wow congrats! Did you file K3? I saw your other post about switching K1 to CR1. We are on the same boat. I have been waiting since October 2020.... 😓

Was your K1 visa closed or does it still say active?

I think I got lucky with timing, I basically switched over to CR1 very close to the time when they would start approving July filers. Even though I switched they never closed my case K1 case and so what I am thinking is that they went to go process the K1 and then saw the active I-130 and reviewed that instead. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.