170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, rocky95 said:

Was your K1 visa closed or does it still say active?

I think I got lucky with timing, I basically switched over to CR1 very close to the time when they would start approving July filers. Even though I switched they never closed my case K1 case and so what I am thinking is that they went to go process the K1 and then saw the active I-130 and reviewed that instead. 

We withdrew our k1 petition before submitting CR1 because we didn't want to "confuse" the immigration office. 

I think K1 should have some help for our CR1 cases, even though they were not handled by the same office. I am glad our case is not in California this time. I hope you get your visa and greencard very soon. 😄

4 minutes ago, FlyG22 said:

We withdrew our k1 petition before submitting CR1 because we didn't want to "confuse" the immigration office. 

I think K1 should have some help for our CR1 cases, even though they were not handled by the same office. I am glad our case is not in California this time. I hope you get your visa and greencard very soon. 😄

Hopefully you will get an approval very soon! And keep us updated!

7 hours ago, rocky95 said:

Hello! 

I received approval today. 

Vermont Service Center 

PD - 07/21/2022

NAO2-12/05/2022

WOW Congratulations! 😄 Ours is in the same SC and PD is 7/20/22.. no approvals yet but hopefully very very very soon! 

Edited by CDFranck

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 5:59 PM, mapi said:

For what it's worth: my wife and I filed the K3 to see what happens. We're not in a rush, but career-wise it would make sense for us to get settled there sooner than later.

I'm excited to see what happens.

K3 received on the 14th of December with SRC number. Checked with Emma and both cases are in Texas.

Very curious if it will do anything. Our "normal" waiting time is 6 months from now, but the K3 might push it to getting approved in 3 months from now.

We'll see. We're not in a hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! PD of July 11, 2022, now awaiting NOA2. Our receipt says Nebraska, but I'm wondering - is a live agent (via Emma or phone call) the only way to confirm our SC? 

I'm wondering if we should submit the I-129F just as a shot in the dark at expediting this step. That's only submittable by mail, yes?

The US is wild. If we're lucky, our I130 should be approved in the same length of time it took to get my American husband's Canadian work permit and PR processed/in-hand... 🤪

5 hours ago, awmeyer said:

Hi! PD of July 11, 2022, now awaiting NOA2. Our receipt says Nebraska, but I'm wondering - is a live agent (via Emma or phone call) the only way to confirm our SC? 

I'm wondering if we should submit the I-129F just as a shot in the dark at expediting this step. That's only submittable by mail, yes?

The US is wild. If we're lucky, our I130 should be approved in the same length of time it took to get my American husband's Canadian work permit and PR processed/in-hand... 🤪

I think its always worth a try.

My husband and I had an active I-129F from when we were engaged that they never closed. They got to that one, and saw our I-130 and approved it (took us a about 3.5 months to receive approval from original submission of I-130 and now we are waiting for an interview date). 

It would be different for you guys because you'd have to file a K3 instead of the K1 that we filed a year before we got married. But I still think it is worth a try. They did send us a letter in the mail saying that they declined our K1 but approved our I-130 instead. So I do know for a fact that our previous I-129F expedited our case for sure. We were also at Vermont which is known to be one of the slowest. 

Also about the receipt you can't trust it. Or receipt said Potomac and when I did Emma we found out it was Vermont. I asked them if it was transferred and they said it was never. Apparently the receipt is just sent out randomly and the service center is not always correct. To confirm I had to use a live agent but it was really quick with Emma. I found out in like 5 minutes. 

Edited by rocky95

6 hours ago, awmeyer said:

Hi!
Good luck with your journey. The US is wild indeed. The fees paid for this rollercoaster are just as mild as the waiting times... lol.

The K3 (i129f) is mail only  - correct. I mean, you could try it, but from this time point - if you submit in the coming ten days -  I think it will gain you max 1 to 1.5 months - if any, compared to your initial timeline.

My wife and I submitted December 5, and hoping to move the approval from mid June to end of February, mid March. But it's not a sure thing as you know by now.

Good luck and let us know your decision!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone, my wife and I filed in July and are currently waiting it out like the rest of you! Our current processing time is showing 7 months. 

7 hours ago, ECS_2306 said:

Hello everyone, my wife and I filed in July and are currently waiting it out like the rest of you! Our current processing time is showing 7 months. 

Our processing time shows 4months. Although i know this is not accurate lol. Good luck to us! 🙂

50 minutes ago, CDFranck said:

Our processing time shows 4months. Although i know this is not accurate lol. Good luck to us! 🙂

Why would it not be? I know that some timelines are off, but 4 months seems appropriate.

Mine shows 5 months, and would result in 11 months total for Texas Center. Seems accurate.

Edited by mapi

12 minutes ago, mapi said:

Why would it not be? I know that some timelines are off, but 4 months seems appropriate.

Mine shows 5 months, and would result in 11 months total for Texas Center. Seems accurate.

Because our SC is Vermont which has an estimated time of 16mos (ave approval) according to uscis site. Hopefully we get approved sooner tho

Just now, CDFranck said:

Because our SC is Vermont which has an estimated time of 16mos (ave approval) according to uscis site. Hopefully we get approved sooner tho

Right. 4 months is not right then, haha. Pretty sure it's based on their average goals their working towards. Unfortunately this aint gonna happen this year...

• 3 months later...

The processing time on the USCIS website did not change for me. It already seemed accurate as of the start, and currently it shows 2 months.

Sounds about right, 2-3 months. PD July 7 2022.

I've been noticing a a surge in the processing times for all centers. They seem to catch up a little. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.