170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all!

I haven't  posted much here but have been lurking :)

I think we may have just had our I130 approved on Friday 16th!! 

My wife checked our account on Saturday and an approval letter was in our documents! It had only just been uploaded on the Friday 16th but we haven't yet received anything else. I put this down to the long weekend for Juneteenth, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with seeing the letter in the documents before recieving anything? 

Thanks!!

Edited by rubym2020
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
36 minutes ago, mapi said:

Great! Congrats! What are yours numbers? IOE907XXX?

Ours is IOE964XXX (I'm not familiar with what that means for us).

For anyone else interested, our service centre was Nebraska. Their processing times recently shot up from 10.5 months to 15.5 so was starting to get worried.

49 minutes ago, rubym2020 said:

I put this down to the long weekend for Juneteenth, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with seeing the letter in the documents before recieving anything? 

I didn't get any updates on NOA2. I found the approval letter under the documents section, and later got an email from NVC to start next steps. Hence likely you both will be hearing from NVC soon. Stalk your email inbox!!

Congrats on the approval!

5 hours ago, rubym2020 said:

Ours is IOE964XXX (I'm not familiar with what that means for us).

For anyone else interested, our service centre was Nebraska. Their processing times recently shot up from 10.5 months to 15.5 so was starting to get worried.

Thanks! They are called processing blocks I think. Mine is  IOE9706xxx PD July 5th 2022. So, it is my turn soon probably.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 hours ago, rubym2020 said:

Hi all!

My wife checked our account on Saturday and an approval letter was in our documents! It had only just been uploaded on the Friday 16th but we haven't yet received anything else. I put this down to the long weekend for Juneteenth, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with seeing the letter in the documents before recieving anything? 

Thanks!!

Congrats!! The same happened for us. No notification, just showed up one day in documents. Hoping to get an email from NVC soon and get this next part rolling. 

@AK65 it is not. I just missed to hit the x a few more times ;)

I got an RFE on the 21st of June for a translation of the marriage certificate. Dammit.

The Dutch certificate is in 12 languages, but they just did not bother to read it at all. So annoying. Translated it this morning, signed it and uploaded it.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, mapi said:

I got an RFE on the 21st of June for a translation of the marriage certificate. Dammit.

The Dutch certificate is in 12 languages, but they just did not bother to read it at all. So annoying. Translated it this morning, signed it and uploaded it.

Thanks. But now looks like these IOE numbers are not in order as per I-130 petition filed dates, as mine is IOE9460XXXXXX with I-130 NOA1 date of 17th January 2023. Can anyone explain the IOE number sequence for I-130?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 6/20/2023 at 3:31 AM, rubym2020 said:

Hi all!

Thanks!!

Hello! Congratulations to you! We were also approved on Friday! Nebraska then transferred to Cali. I saw our approval on Thursday under documents but it’s dated as Friday 6/16. Also received 2 emails from NVC on Monday. Things are rolling now! 

5 hours ago, mapi said:

Means someone is actively looking at your file and once they see the response, they’ll Approve! 

still waiting for our Approval.. 

PD July 18 2022

Just now, CDFranck said:

Means someone is actively looking at your file and once they see the response, they’ll Approve! 

still waiting for our Approval.. 

PD July 18 2022

Well, I'm afraid it will take another x-weeks now. Not that it really matters, but I just want to get over with it.

Just now, mapi said:

Well, I'm afraid it will take another x-weeks now. Not that it really matters, but I just want to get over with it.

Hi @mapi,

I also got an RFE for an incomplete I-130a. I followed the instructions to fill in a new form and UPS mailed it back to USCIS. I received my approval within a week, so you just need to keep checking for updates! It is coming!

Just now, ShazShaz said:

Hi @mapi,

I also got an RFE for an incomplete I-130a. I followed the instructions to fill in a new form and UPS mailed it back to USCIS. I received my approval within a week, so you just need to keep checking for updates! It is coming!

That's promising! Thank you.
I uploaded it on the portal, since my case has been fully digitally so far. The letter was also not stating to either use mail or online (read online that multiple people had this issue).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.