2,958 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Yes, overall, AOS is being processed significantly quicker than CP.

Our friends submitted their I-485 the same week that we were placed in AP, and they received their EAD and AP after 27 days, and they received their GC in hand after 84 days. They are probably very lucky, but not impossible. Just hang out on Immigration Reddit and you will see how many people got their GC approved within 3 months.

Yes, your friends are very lucky. My cousin in Boston wasn't as lucky as your friends. His EAD took more than 11 months and his GC took more than 14 months. His Advance parol never got approved even though his father just got diagnosed with Parkinson's. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hia all, officially spent a year in AP after being issued the DS5535.... can I have some options for lawyers to file for the WOM??

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello people, 

I have what it seems like a unique situation which I haven't found much about online. I had my interview for K-1 Fiancé Visa at the consulate in Montreal on June 27th. The officer at the end of the interview said she has couldn't approve me on the spot and will need more work, she then followed by it should take two weeks and she doesn't need any other documents and will contact me if they do she gave me a white 221G with additional processing marked and kept my passport. She never mentioned anything about DS5355 or any questionnaire and I never received a DS5535 or any other requests, I emailed them after 3 weeks to inquire and got a response a week later (July 27th)  

Hello,  

Thank you for your inquiry.  

This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.  

Also there has been updates at least 3 times including when they sent me the reply to my email.

I am wondering is there still a chance I get a DS5535 if not am I looking at weeks or months? anyone ever received a 221g with no additional documents required or a DS5535 and how long does it take on average with no DS5535?

Good luck to everyone

Edited by Mjuve

42 minutes ago, Mjuve said:

Hello people, 

I have what it seems like a unique situation which I haven't found much about online. I had my interview for K-1 Fiancé Visa at the consulate in Montreal on June 27th. The officer at the end of the interview said she has couldn't approve me on the spot and will need more work, she then followed by it should take two weeks and she doesn't need any other documents and will contact me if they do she gave me a white 221G with additional processing marked and kept my passport. She never mentioned anything about DS5355 or any questionnaire and I never received a DS5535 or any other requests, I emailed them after 3 weeks to inquire and got a response a week later (July 27th)  

Hello,  

This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.  

Also there has been updates at least 3 times including when they sent me the reply to my email.

I am wondering is there still a chance I get a DS5535 if not am I looking at weeks or months? anyone ever received a 221g with no additional documents required or a DS5535 and how long does it take on average with no DS5535?

Good luck to everyone

Hi @Mjuve

My wife and my daughter were in a very similar situation as you. They had their interview (E2 category for their immigration visa) at the consulate in Montreal on July 27th. The office said the same thing as you where the CO couldn't approve their visas because she had to check more information. The CO gave them a white 221G with additional processing marked and kept their passports. When my wife asked the CO, if she will receive an email, the CO said that she could call her if more information was needed and never mentioned anything about DS5355. The CO also told my wife that the process could take up to 3 weeks. Luckily for us, the visas were issued on Aug 1st and we received our passports on Aug 2nd. I hope your case will be sorted out ASAP. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Question - have anyone that had their interview in April and was placed on AP heard back yet? 

It has been close to four months and I’m hesitant to file a WOM, in hopes that something will happen over the next month or so. 

Is this regular AP or did they ask for the DS5535? There have been plenty of members with just AP get out of it without having to file a WOM. Not many given DS5535 have been able to get out without the WOM. 

1 hour ago, Mjuve said:

Hello people, 

Hello,  

Good luck to everyone

Regular AP in Montreal is about 8 weeks or it was give or take. DS5535 has been a deep hole and most only get out with the WOM. It's a sad place for Canada these days. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Question for our Montreal WOM friends. Has anyone had a motion to dismiss filed against their WOM and what happened following this? We can see on the WOM timeline spreadsheet from 2022 that some people had a motion to dismiss filed against their WOM but were later issued their visas. Would really appreciate anyone on here that could shed some light on this particular circumstance. TIA

2 minutes ago, Mjuve said:

Hello people, 

Hello,  

Good luck to everyone

I have seen plenty of folks in this situation unfortunately. They are given the 221g white sheet, even though there are no additional documents required. Then they received DS5535 shortly after via email.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

1 hour ago, Irish89 said:

Question for our Montreal WOM friends. Has anyone had a motion to dismiss filed against their WOM and what happened following this? We can see on the WOM timeline spreadsheet from 2022 that some people had a motion to dismiss filed against their WOM but were later issued their visas. Would really appreciate anyone on here that could shed some light on this particular circumstance. TIA

There is a court case recently that was dismissed after WOM was filed. https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/9413495/augustin-v-blinken/?q=blinken&type=o&order_by=dateFiled desc&stat_Precedential=on

This is not Montreal of course, but similar AP after consular interview. 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations @Tikitch!  I had to send in the email requesting my passport, the courier slip and updated passport photos (they are only valid 6 months from date taken) and as an added measure I sent in an updated police background certificate as others were asked for that.  I wasn't, but didn't want to give them any excuse to turn around and have to ask for additional things delaying the process even further.

Hello, 

I have created a spreadsheet for us all to use to track our progress. Another group used this type of sheet to track when their meetings would be scheduled from DQ date and it was really helpful to see approximate processing times. Please see attached online Excel Sheet. Let me know if you have any questions or think I missed anything that should be added. I've went ahead and added my information on the first line. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit?usp=sharing

19 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

There is a court case recently that was dismissed after WOM was filed. https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/9413495/augustin-v-blinken/?q=blinken&type=o&order_by=dateFiled desc&stat_Precedential=on

This is not Montreal of course, but similar AP after consular interview. 

This suit was dismissed because the claim became moot - the plaintiff’s visa was adjudicated.

The other plaintiff in the suit can’t compel interview - it’s a different claim from the government’s duty to adjudicate an application, and extremely difficult to win on as there are too many factors involved. 

21 hours ago, Gha said:

Hi @Fayisa i remember they asked you  your passport in end of March .right now what type of documents they are asking 

thank you 

Yeah they asked me in March exactly a month after the interview. I couldn't send the document because I was out of Canada for a family visit. I am back so I can send it soon. Also a police certificate from Kenya where I use to live for long time.

14 hours ago, LYV said:

Hello, 

I have created a spreadsheet for us all to use to track our progress. Another group used this type of sheet to track when their meetings would be scheduled from DQ date and it was really helpful to see approximate processing times. Please see attached online Excel Sheet. Let me know if you have any questions or think I missed anything that should be added. I've went ahead and added my information on the first line. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit?usp=sharing

Added myself in! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.