2,958 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DELCAN said:

Hi all, our case is recently put on administrative processing (Montreal Consulate) and we were asked in the interview to fill out an online form (no e-mail just Microsoft forms) and submit some info about travel history, etc. Are we suppose to receive a confirmation e-mail that they have received the information they are looking for? should I send a follow-up e-mail?

Can't speak to your experience, but mine has been the following

Was informed my visa can't be approved yet, and additional info needed, will come in the form of an email with instructions in the next day or two. 

The email came from the general IV-DV-MTL address, the day after my interview, with the ask of my resume and a link to the DS-5535 online form. I filled out the form, and send back an email with the resume and travel history attached, also asked them to confirm receipt. They replied promptly saying the received the documents and will provide updates if there is any. 

In my experience MTL has been pretty responsive to both mine and my lawyer's inquires. 

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Was informed my visa can't be approved yet, and additional info needed, will come in the form of an email with instructions in the next day or two. 

The email came from the general IV-DV-MTL address, the day after my interview, with the ask of my resume and a link to the DS-5535 online form. I filled out the form, and send back an email with the resume and travel history attached, also asked them to confirm receipt. They replied promptly saying the received the documents and will provide updates if there is any. 

In my experience MTL has been pretty responsive to both mine and my lawyer's inquires. 

Thanks @ALC for the response. May I ask when was your interview and if you have seen any updates on CEAC after you submitted the above?

3 minutes ago, DELCAN said:

Thanks @ALC for the response. May I ask when was your interview and if you have seen any updates on CEAC after you submitted the above?

My interview was on 7/26, with last update on 7/27. It could be for them sending me the email or me sending them the DS-5535/resume since it all happened on the same day... 

6 hours ago, ALC said:

Hi @ALC, did they keep your passport?

My wife and daughter had their interview in Montreal on 7/27 and they got the white 221g because they had to check my wife's previous US entry.

The Visa officer kept their passports. My wife asked if they would email her for the information, and the VO told her they had her number so they could call her if needed.

We didn't get any emails or calls from them and I'm wondering if we should contact them for it or just wait.

Is anybody on this thread went through a similar situation to us?

If so, what was your outcome?

Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, DrJh07 said:

My wife and daughter had their interview in Montreal on 7/27 and they got the white 221g because they had to check my wife's previous US entry.

The Visa officer kept their passports. My wife asked if they would email her for the information, and the VO told her they had her number so they could call her if needed.

We didn't get any emails or calls from them and I'm wondering if we should contact them for it or just wait.

Thank you in advance.

Did you get an email to fill DS 5535 ?

1 hour ago, DrJh07 said:

Thank you in advance.

Nope, they returned my passport, with the 221g letter. I think I am properly in the SAO process, so they didn't keep the passport. 

I'd say the fact that they kept their passports is a good sign, means that whatever they need to check can be done in house, and may not take too long. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Nope, they returned my passport, with the 221g letter. I think I am properly in the SAO process, so they didn't keep the passport. 

I'd say the fact that they kept their passports is a good sign, means that whatever they need to check can be done in house, and may not take too long. Fingers crossed. 

They kept my passport at the interview, then I received an email stating that my case is in AP and I should go collect my passport if I am looking to travel in the next few weeks to months.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

9 hours ago, ALC said:

I see. Thank you for the info @ALC. I just checked their visa status and they got issued! 

I hope that your case will be processed sooner rather than later and this nightmare will be finally over. 

25 minutes ago, shara9c said:

@SGtoMurica How many days after interview did consulate sent email that you can get passport when needed. My Wife's case was put under AP but they did not returned our passport to us neither got any email for passport return instruction. Please suggest 

Within 3 hours of the Interview, when they emailed us informing us that our case was placed in Administrative Processing.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.