2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, lomnd said:

Hi - most likely this has been answered but with the amount of responses here I'm hoping someone could help me.

How long does it take for the embassy to issue the visa after they ask for your passport and new medical exam?

Thank you and if it cannot be answered, it's okay too!

Once they have received both your passport and the results of your new medical, I have generally seen them move pretty quickly on the order of about a week give or take. Keep in mind I have a very small sampling size, others may have different experiences so I don't think anyone can give you an exact time frame.

Edited by PZibran325

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, lomnd said:

Hi - most likely this has been answered but with the amount of responses here I'm hoping someone could help me.

How long does it take for the embassy to issue the visa after they ask for your passport and new medical exam?

Thank you and if it cannot be answered, it's okay too!

You can see the length of time between medical/passport requested and visa received for a sample of the WOM cases on the "EMBASSY TIMELINES" tab (2nd tab) of this document to give you a better idea of what to expect.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oh7cj_1HiWa-JH82xOeRtYb6gJWjU3KcF7ALuyQmV4w/edit?usp=sharing

On 5/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, PZibran325 said:

Once they have received both your passport and the results of your new medical, I have generally seen them move pretty quickly on the order of about a week give or take. Keep in mind I have a very small sampling size, others may have different experiences so I don't think anyone can give you an exact time frame.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:15 AM, LAMA9 said:

You can see the length of time between medical/passport requested and visa received for a sample of the WOM cases on the "EMBASSY TIMELINES" tab (2nd tab) of this document to give you a better idea of what to expect.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oh7cj_1HiWa-JH82xOeRtYb6gJWjU3KcF7ALuyQmV4w/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you both so much!

Not sure if it's concerning but they received my passport April 13 and my new medical April 12. And they keep "updating" CEAC but still showing refused and no sign of the passport being returned to me...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, lomnd said:

Thank you both so much!

Not sure if it's concerning but they received my passport April 13 and my new medical April 12. And they keep "updating" CEAC but still showing refused and no sign of the passport being returned to me...

It will likely show "refused" or even switch to "administrative processing" and then back to "refused" right before they issue it.  This is what happened to me.  It's a roller coaster for sure. The updates are a really good sign, something is happening.  A few more weeks and you should be there!    

1 minute ago, hyoliyuli said:

What does administrative processing mean when ir5 interview was verbally approved?

Officer said expect visa within 2 weeks. It's been 4 weeks and when inquiring embassy (montreal), they said case is currently under administrative processing.... 

Background checks -that depending on your specific circumstances, can take a while-.

Timeline

It's me again, the person who has been waiting for the DS5535 e-mail but never received it from the consulate. 

After three weeks of waiting, I received an updated status regarding my IR1 visa online.  Still "refused" but I assume that this indicate something is in progress? Could this possibly means that they have received my DS5535 info from the three e-mails I sent over the past three weeks?

Who knows! 

Staying positive!!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, hyoliyuli said:

What does administrative processing mean when ir5 interview was verbally approved?

Officer said expect visa within 2 weeks. It's been 4 weeks and when inquiring embassy (montreal), they said case is currently under administrative processing.... 

further security review and screening. Did the consulate provide any further info other than you being placed on AP? Questionnaires to complete? Sorry to hear that you'd been placed on AP even though they have verbally approved you during the interview. Must be so frustrating. 

14 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

further security review and screening. Did the consulate provide any further info other than you being placed on AP? Questionnaires to complete? Sorry to hear that you'd been placed on AP even though they have verbally approved you during the interview. Must be so frustrating. 

Nothing other than it is under AP and that visa unit will contact us if anything else is needed. What prompts them to put the case in AP when approved already? Sigh...

Timeline
10 minutes ago, hyoliyuli said:

Nothing other than it is under AP and that visa unit will contact us if anything else is needed. What prompts them to put the case in AP when approved already? Sigh...

I’m relatively new to this group and I’m sure some of the more seasoned members can add to this. 

The whole AP could be for whole lot of reasons and the consulate office always keep it vague as to why are have been flagged. I asked my CO and he says maybe people with the same name, though he doesn’t know what could have flagged it as I appeared to be a “normal” case. 

Many members have no idea why they are flagged. I am convinced that it’s because I was not born in Canada (born in Hong Kong). Though I have been a Canadian for most part of my life, I’d been flagged due to… racial profiling. Though many members here are born in Canada and haven’t traveled much other than North America and Mexico.

Timeline

Updates: To date I have sent 3 e-mails to the consulate since my interview mid-April. I was told to expect the DS5535 questionnaire via e-mail but have not received it yet. Along with my e-mail I included info that are required in the DS5535. 

I received respond today from the consulate, indicating that my application is in AP and I should wait for further instructions before sending any additional documents in. The e-mail DID NOT include the DS5535 questionnaire, nor did they acknowledged the info I previously provided. My CO told me that a completed DS5535 is required in order to being AP. I want to assume that they have received my info and have initiated the AP. 

My status was also updated twice, once on May 3 and then again May 5. I know I shouldn't be reading so much into this. I'm staying hopeful that this will be completed within 60 days!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Updates: To date I have sent 3 e-mails to the consulate since my interview mid-April. I was told to expect the DS5535 questionnaire via e-mail but have not received it yet. Along with my e-mail I included info that are required in the DS5535. 

I received respond today from the consulate, indicating that my application is in AP and I should wait for further instructions before sending any additional documents in. The e-mail DID NOT include the DS5535 questionnaire, nor did they acknowledged the info I previously provided. My CO told me that a completed DS5535 is required in order to being AP. I want to assume that they have received my info and have initiated the AP. 

My status was also updated twice, once on May 3 and then again May 5. I know I shouldn't be reading so much into this. I'm staying hopeful that this will be completed within 60 days!!!!

Definitely remain positive but realistically from the sampling of the people within this thread that are going for the IR-1/CR-1 AP has taken longer to complete, on the order of 6-12 months and many in this thread ended up filing WOMs to get through the process

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

On 5/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, LAMA9 said:

It will likely show "refused" or even switch to "administrative processing" and then back to "refused" right before they issue it.  This is what happened to me.  It's a roller coaster for sure. The updates are a really good sign, something is happening.  A few more weeks and you should be there!    

Hi! How long did it take for you? They're updating almost every day now so fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.