2,958 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ak47 said:

In the recent 221g documents they are asking documents with passport and if there is DS5535 then you also get an email.with questions which needs to be sent..

Sorry you didn’t understand my situation. I’m in DS5535 since sept and I have already sent my questionnaire. Now I have received an email for medical again because my previous one expired on Feb 16th. 

my question was that with email request for new medical report, there’s also a link to send documents. However, medical are sent electronically by clinics directly to embassy so I’m confused why I’m given the link to send document !! Hope I’m clear this time!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Sorry you didn’t understand my situation. I’m in DS5535 since sept and I have already sent my questionnaire. Now I have received an email for medical again because my previous one expired on Feb 16th. 

my question was that with email request for new medical report, there’s also a link to send documents. However, medical are sent electronically by clinics directly to embassy so I’m confused why I’m given the link to send document !! Hope I’m clear this time!

As we know, the medicals are sent electronically so the link looks like a fyi incase you have any additional documents. I dont think you need to worry about it. Once your medicals are accepted, they will send you  a passport request which will require the courier service.

13 hours ago, Mmk2112 said:

Hello Guys, I’m confused a bit if anyone can guide me. 

I received en email from embassy stating that additional documents are required which is 

- a new medical report 

but I’m also given a link for their courier services to provide additional documents. Aren’t the medical is sent via electronically now? Why they have provided me a link for mailing documents? Any idea anyone ? TIA

It’s a template. Just get a new medical, the panel physician handles the rest. 

18 hours ago, Gha said:

Hi friends 

I just need some information for 2nd time medical.my passport with the embassy.do I need the passport for medical or I can go back to the place where I had done it before 

thank you 

Contact the panel physician and tell them the consulate has your passport and ask what they want to do. 

9 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

It’s a template. Just get a new medical, the panel physician handles the rest. 

Contact the panel physician and tell them the consulate has your passport and ask what they want to do. 

Ok and Thank you 

4 hours ago, can_do said:

Hi everyone,

DS-5535 veterans: will any of my previous employers be contacted for verification?

I'm trying to call some of them but they've probably changed numbers or simply ignoring me.

Thanks.

I don’t think so they will contacted however they can be contacted if anything suspicious. That’s just my opinion. Good luck!

Hi everyone! 
Recent member of this lovely group 🙃 I had my interview recently (April 03, 2023) and passport returned at the spot after my short 4-5 minute interview. I asked why they weren’t keeping it and CO mentioned they will send an email with just some questions about travel history (email came later in afternoon). Spent the last few days reading the forums and quite disheartened to know what people and their families have had to deal with even after reaching the interview stage. I’m a Canadian citizen although moved from Pakistan when I was 7–which I’m sure was one of the reasons for this “random” extreme form of vetting. I work in a healthcare field and had been in school up until 2 years ago. 

CEAC was updated April 4th and 5th. 
Good luck to everyone and praying we have a short stay here. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, haruharu said:

Hi everyone! 
Recent member of this lovely group 🙃 I had my interview recently (April 03, 2023) and passport returned at the spot after my short 4-5 minute interview. I asked why they weren’t keeping it and CO mentioned they will send an email with just some questions about travel history (email came later in afternoon). Spent the last few days reading the forums and quite disheartened to know what people and their families have had to deal with even after reaching the interview stage. I’m a Canadian citizen although moved from Pakistan when I was 7–which I’m sure was one of the reasons for this “random” extreme form of vetting. I work in a healthcare field and had been in school up until 2 years ago. 

CEAC was updated April 4th and 5th. 
Good luck to everyone and praying we have a short stay here. 

Hi..Welcome..What is mentioned in your 221g..documents ? passports ?

Timeline
8 hours ago, haruharu said:

-DS5535

-passport 

Recent applicants who had interview are receiving the DS5535 with passports in their 221g. The DS5535 might be quick check for some applicants depending on where they have resided in last 15 years or so.

Will you be sending your passport with DS5535 ?

13 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Recent applicants who had interview are receiving the DS5535 with passports in their 221g. The DS5535 might be quick check for some applicants depending on where they have resided in last 15 years or so.

Will you be sending your passport with DS5535 ?

I won’t be sending my passport until the ask for it. It doesn’t take too long to mail it anyways. 

All we are a K1 visa at Montreal Consulate and were given DS5535, at last in Dec 2022 just before the holidays Consulate asked for passport, new medical, DS160 and pics. Sent everything by Jan 18th 2023. Nothing happened except a few updates on CEAC for the last 10 weeks.

On March 22nd it moved to ‘ Application received’ and Non immigrant visa. We knew my RCMP police check expired so we sent a new one proactively on 24th March by ourselves. 

1 update on 29th and stayed the same until April 6th and moved to ‘ Refused’ again 🥺

Is there any K1 visa that can shed some light on it please??  Its been 12 weeks since our medical was sent to the Consulate but we do not have the approval or visa in hand. 

2 hours ago, oclus said:

All we are a K1 visa at Montreal Consulate and were given DS5535, at last in Dec 2022 just before the holidays Consulate asked for passport, new medical, DS160 and pics. Sent everything by Jan 18th 2023. Nothing happened except a few updates on CEAC for the last 10 weeks.

On March 22nd it moved to ‘ Application received’ and Non immigrant visa. We knew my RCMP police check expired so we sent a new one proactively on 24th March by ourselves. 

1 update on 29th and stayed the same until April 6th and moved to ‘ Refused’ again 🥺

Is there any K1 visa that can shed some light on it please??  Its been 12 weeks since our medical was sent to the Consulate but we do not have the approval or visa in hand. 

The issue perhaps is that you’re trying to make sense of the status changes, when really the only one that matters is “Issued.”

“Administrative Processing” status is good too, as it often happens right before printing. 

There is no standard progression really. Mine was “Issued” and went back to “Refused” for a day, never got “Administrative Processing.” Goes to show how you can’t assign too much meaning to the status.

Good job with the RCMP certificate.

Edited by throwitaway

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.