2,958 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ak47 said:

Based on the information shared in this forum, more recent applicants(in March) have been receiving passports mentioned in 221g white slip with other documents.

I have not seen other applicants in this forum mentioning that they have received a passports mentioned in their 221g. The CO we interviewed with mentioned us that there is no point in keeping the passports as of now as it may just be stacked or stored and it is better we send the passport later. It can also be a case by case strategy where they request passport in 221g.

Until recently most had their passports kept after interview. They probably realized how inefficient that was, as some had to request for them back for travel. They don’t need the passport for anything aside from visa printing. 

Hello guys it has been more than 10 weeks since Consulate requested new medical, pics, ds 160, valid passport (k1 visa)which were received by them on 18th Jan 2023. Meantime they even expired my RCMP certificate which has also been sent last week. The ceac only shows ‘Application received’ and no updates since 2 weeks. our case was in Ds5535 vetting since late 2021. 

we are planning to sue the Consulate through a WOM if something doesn’t happen this week. Can anyone advise who is the best lawyer? Please don’t advise Jim Hacking their firm just takes the money snd let you deal with paralegal. 

please help us out!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, ak47 said:

Hi..you should send an email to check regarding the email. One of the members in the forum had the same situation where they had to contact regarding the email because they CO forgot to send it. And upon enquiring after a few weeks, the email was sent again. Just sharing what i read earlier.

Followed-up with the consulate - now we wait! Hopefully it does not take too long.

The silver lining is that I can still travel to the US to see my wife - a border agent and their superior told me I just need to give proof of ties to canada (work docs, pay stubs, etc.) if they ever ask when crossing the border.

The interviewer had said the border agents would probably give me trouble 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, PanFriedTofu said:

Followed-up with the consulate - now we wait! Hopefully it does not take too long.

The silver lining is that I can still travel to the US to see my wife - a border agent and their superior told me I just need to give proof of ties to canada (work docs, pay stubs, etc.) if they ever ask when crossing the border.

The interviewer had said the border agents would probably give me trouble 🤷‍♂️

Yes you can .. for upto 6 months on canadian passport

On 3/31/2023 at 12:15 PM, emergence said:

My fiance got an email yesterday requesting his passport and a new medical. We're shocked to say the least. 

He was issued a DS-5535 and a 221(g) for his medical back in September. We were sure it would take a year at least to get through the process. We consulted with PIC at the end up February but decided a wait a little longer while we sorted out what we want to do. Presuming nothing goes wrong, it seems like we have gotten through the process in approximately ~200 days without a WoM.

Great news. That's the first one I heard within your time range of 200 days

1 hour ago, Icecreamcastles said:

It's exactly 6 months since my interview and the consulate has requested a new medical and my passport! 
I won't really believe it until I have my visa in hand. 
I hope this means DS-5535 cases will be processed more quickly and the yearlong waits are over.
(No WOM filed.)

Great news Congrats. Hope it works out for you from here

Guys our status has been in ‘Application received’ since 22nd March 2023 ? How long does it take to move to ‘Approved’? And why is it taking so long when they received everything since 9 weeks ago. 

please advise if someone has any experience on this step. We are thinking for a WOM with Chris (PIC) because we fear its already 9 weeks since my second medical and their laziness can expire this too? (Its a K1 visa btw)

DC2DB650-6764-47ED-9209-57F82BA78B14.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, oclus said:

Guys our status has been in ‘Application received’ since 22nd March 2023 ? How long does it take to move to ‘Approved’? And why is it taking so long when they received everything since 9 weeks ago. 

please advise if someone has any experience on this step. We are thinking for a WOM with Chris (PIC) because we fear its already 9 weeks since my second medical and their laziness can expire this too? (Its a K1 visa btw)

DC2DB650-6764-47ED-9209-57F82BA78B14.png

Your case appears to be in final processing (as your case created date has updated to a very recent date instead of the old date that would have been there prior). 

Congratulations, you are almost there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.