2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

New member to this group.

At the interview (Montreal Consulate), I was issued a 221(g) white slip and my passport was returned to me on the spot.

The officer told me they had all the documents they needed and the white slip says: "Supplemental questions will be sent to you by email. Passport". Also, the signature space was left blank by the officer 😐.

Interview was March 22nd, shouldn't I have received the form already?

Timeline
1 hour ago, PanFriedTofu said:

At the interview (Montreal Consulate), I was issued a 221(g) white slip and my passport was returned to me on the spot.

The officer told me they had all the documents they needed and the white slip says: "Supplemental questions will be sent to you by email. Passport". Also, the signature space was left blank by the officer 😐.

Same Happened to me and now we are back in the line waiting for our turn. Based on the experience in this forum, have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks for a reply, if no reply then people file WOM with a lawyer. Wait and watch game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, PanFriedTofu said:

Sorry this happened to you.  My experience was a bit different - I was approved and they kept my passport at my interview (Oct 2022) but I received the DS-5535 questions by email the next day.  I would email the embassy to let them know you are still waiting on the supplemental questions (after double checking my junk mail). In the meantime it might be worth preparing your DS- 5535 answers. It can take a while to put the info together especially if you travel a lot. Good luck!

https://in.usembassy.gov/ds5535/  

14 hours ago, PanFriedTofu said:

Welcome aboard. Exactly the same situation myself and others have found ourselves in on here. I did receive the DS-5535 email the same day as the interview though so I would email the consulate ASAP. I have emailed them a few times and waited around 7-10 business days for an actual reply. You will receive a generic reply as soon as you email them also. Rest assured your not the only one in this awful situation. 

12 hours ago, Icecreamcastles said:

Sorry this happened to you.  My experience was a bit different - I was approved and they kept my passport at my interview (Oct 2022) but I received the DS-5535 questions by email the next day.  I would email the embassy to let them know you are still waiting on the supplemental questions (after double checking my junk mail). In the meantime it might be worth preparing your DS- 5535 answers. It can take a while to put the info together especially if you travel a lot. Good luck!

https://in.usembassy.gov/ds5535/  

@Icecreamcastles when did you receive your visa after ds5535?  We are in the same situation passport is at the consulate 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, oclus said:

@Icecreamcastles when did you receive your visa after ds5535?  We are in the same situation passport is at the consulate 

I haven't yet.  I'm still waiting for a new medical and my passport to be requested by the consulate.

Timeline
On 3/8/2023 at 12:28 AM, Irish89 said:

Also my Passport expires sooner than the expected time in which we will see any final decision from DS-5535. Anyone have experience in a similar situation?

I just renewed my passport while waiting. I emailed the consulate to let them know but didn't receive a reply.  We'll see how it goes when they eventually request my passport back.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, emergence said:

My fiance got an email yesterday requesting his passport and a new medical. We're shocked to say the least. 

He was issued a DS-5535 and a 221(g) for his medical back in September. We were sure it would take a year at least to get through the process. We consulted with PIC at the end up February but decided a wait a little longer while we sorted out what we want to do. Presuming nothing goes wrong, it seems like we have gotten through the process in approximately ~200 days without a WoM.

Omg that's incredible! Big congrats.

Hi guys,

I was just wandering if anyone is going through same situation I am in for the past 7 weeks?

I had my interview January 11th 2023 in Montreal and sadly the RCMP criminal record I did in Edmonton was the wrong one which I was sent home with my passport and asked to send in the correct one with my passport when ever I get it and was told they will email me a DS-5535 form which I got, completed same day and emailed back to the consulate.

February 8th my passport together with the correct criminal record from the RCMP was delivered by to the US consulate at 10:00am

My case was lastly updated March 6th still showing Refused thou.

Today is March 30th 2023 I have been stuck in Montreal. Does anyone have an idea how long this take? My wife heavily pregnant alone at home in Minnesota.

Timeline
On 8/3/2022 at 5:03 PM, ideep29 said:

I started the WoM with Goldstein today.  I cant wait anymore, especially with my fiances medical expiring.  I just want to move on with life.  Getting him the info asap so they can get it filed. I wish I didnt have to resort to this.  

AP ontop of the consulate being closed during covid is just ridiculous that they are this far behind.  

Did you get your visa stamped ?

Timeline
On 8/7/2022 at 7:45 AM, A.Jon.Satko said:

I had my interview in April and got the DS5535 form. I had to travel and asked for my passport back.

On Friday I got an e-mail asking for my passport back. I think that means I've been approved.

I sent my passport back. Any idea how long after they receive it will I get it back?

When did you get your passport back with visa ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.