2,958 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Hey. Question for all concerned. Has anyone emailed back their DS-5535 with additional evidence as attachments? The interviewer didn't take any of my spouses W2's, tax return and employment letter which I thought was of high importance?

Also my Passport expires sooner than the expected time in which we will see any final decision from DS-5535. Anyone have experience in a similar situation?

1. They don’t want anything of that for 5535

2. If your passport expires before clearance it will be returned to you (if not already) and they will ask for a renewed one before they can issue your visa. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello friends i am currently waiting for Purolator to deliver my passport. Do u guys know if they deliver in the mailbox or the front door? I will be out of town. I don't want to leave it outside the door front. Any ideas?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, addpeace said:

We got a notice that they need to respond by May 1st from our Lawyer, but no case updates since Feb 23rd. 

oh wow, they seem to be always requesting an extension to the initial 60 days, to 90 days.  I’m sure there is the light ahead for you :)

Edited by WMBB

Hey all.

Got refusal under 221g for AP (no documents required) during my interview on March 6th. They kept my passport and told me it’ll be 1-3 weeks for my passport return and that they would approve my visa within 24hrs. But it’s almost been a week, and I’ve gotten nothing. I was wondering if they sent me a DS5535 but I remembered that the email the NVC had on file was incorrect. Didn’t worry too much before the interview because my husband was being CC’d in all the emails. But now I’m worried they sent the DS5535 to the wrong email and if they don’t CC’ing my husband I’ll never know. 

Is there any way other to know if I need to fill out a DS5535 without having access to the email they might have sent it to?

9 minutes ago, Beefybabygirl said:

Hey all.

Got refusal under 221g for AP (no documents required) during my interview on March 6th. They kept my passport and told me it’ll be 1-3 weeks for my passport return and that they would approve my visa within 24hrs. But it’s almost been a week, and I’ve gotten nothing. I was wondering if they sent me a DS5535 but I remembered that the email the NVC had on file was incorrect. Didn’t worry too much before the interview because my husband was being CC’d in all the emails. But now I’m worried they sent the DS5535 to the wrong email and if they don’t CC’ing my husband I’ll never know. 

Is there any way other to know if I need to fill out a DS5535 without having access to the email they might have sent it to?

@Beefybabygirl Unfortunately they don't CC your sponsor of those emails. I'm surprised you didn't update your email on CEAC prior to the interview. Anyway, the only option here is to email montreal-iv-dv@state.gov with your case number, your name, birthdate, sponsor name, their birthdate and see if you can get it updated. Or inquiry to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov. 

On 3/7/2023 at 10:28 PM, Irish89 said:

Hey. Question for all concerned. Has anyone emailed back their DS-5535 with additional evidence as attachments? The interviewer didn't take any of my spouses W2's, tax return and employment letter which I thought was of high importance?

Also my Passport expires sooner than the expected time in which we will see any final decision from DS-5535. Anyone have experience in a similar situation?

@Irish89 Usually the DS-5535 they ask that no attachments be sent. Also, if your passport expires sooner than later, maybe renew it.. 

33 minutes ago, dennisv said:

@Beefybabygirl Unfortunately they don't CC your sponsor of those emails. I'm surprised you didn't update your email on CEAC prior to the interview. Anyway, the only option here is to email montreal-iv-dv@state.gov with your case number, your name, birthdate, sponsor name, their birthdate and see if you can get it updated. Or inquiry to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov. 

The email on CEAC was correct, they just sent all my emails to a .com instead of .ca for some reason

Thanks, I already emailed them, dunno what to do now

Edited by Beefybabygirl

On 3/8/2023 at 12:28 AM, Irish89 said:

I very, very, strongly recommend that you renew your passport while you are still in Canada (even if it would "ok" for the visa - which am I not sure from what you said).  Get a new, fresh, 10-year passport and you will save yourself the cost and headache from renewing from abroad, for 10ish years.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Evie6366 said:

@ice-qube are you still here? Whatever happened to your WOM case?

Thanks for asking! Actually i have been quiet lately, it’s true. But yea I prevailed using the WOM case, in what has become such a common pattern now: i paid $5000 USD to law firm, they changed names and dates on a template, filed the suit, and whoever just said, k, just give him his visa now. It worked, yes; but forgive me if *even now* I remain no less disgusted by having had to do that than I was originally.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I very, very, strongly recommend that you renew your passport while you are still in Canada (even if it would "ok" for the visa - which am I not sure from what you said).  Get a new, fresh, 10-year passport and you will save yourself the cost and headache from renewing from abroad, for 10ish years.  

Sorry, but how is renewing Canadian passport in the US a hassle.

Curious as it may be relevant to me in the future.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.