2,958 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Family One said:

The I-94 online is perhaps a place to start, but it seems to be not reliable if you want to make sure you don't miss any crossings.  When I access the I-94 online, it only goes back a few years, and does not include every crossing.

Yeah, I94 wasn't really reliable until like 2015 I believe. And land crossing entries don't really trigger an i-94 entry right? 700 crossing, wow. You must be at a land crossing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, dennisv said:

Yeah, I94 wasn't really reliable until like 2015 I believe. And land crossing entries don't really trigger an i-94 entry right? 700 crossing, wow. You must be at a land crossing.

Those crossings included the 6000 tonnes of liquid chocolate they needed just across the border.  I got to know the border agents well enough that one of them even asked my help to injure his supervisor with the truck as I was leaving.  I suspect some of the crossings weren't even registered in the system properly, and there was a difference between the I-94 and the formal request for records.

6 minutes ago, Family One said:

Those crossings included the 6000 tonnes of liquid chocolate they needed just across the border.  I got to know the border agents well enough that one of them even asked my help to injure his supervisor with the truck as I was leaving.  I suspect some of the crossings weren't even registered in the system properly, and there was a difference between the I-94 and the formal request for records.

I'm intrigued.. Yep, lots of gaps but I filled them as best as I could for the questionnaire.  

Timeline

Well my additional info has now been sent! Thank you to everyone who helped us with feedback and advice - we really appreciate it! Best of luck to everyone here for a speedy and successful response - we will keep everyone posted how it goes!

Timeline

Based on those that have filed WOMs, do we know if all were successful - meaning judge signed off to proceed with filing, and that the end results were all Approved visas?

as we know WOMs only action Consulate to act and render a decision

On 2/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, Mmk2112 said:

Great congrats. very happy for you. Why you were handed 221 g anyways?

do you mean feb 2022 and dec 2022 ?

Yes I got the 221g at the interview and was told to wait for an email requesting more data. Then the email came the same day and had the ds-5535 form and also requesting to send resume as text or word file along with it.

Yes, my mistake. All dates are 2022 :)

8 hours ago, WMBB said:

Based on those that have filed WOMs, do we know if all were successful - meaning judge signed off to proceed with filing, and that the end results were all Approved visas?

as we know WOMs only action Consulate to act and render a decision

Judges don’t sign off to proceed with filing. I think you mean, did judges rule favorably on a WoM? The vast majority of WoM don’t proceed to a hearing as the lawsuits are dropped when the visas are issued. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/27/2023 at 10:00 PM, addpeace said:

You could try calling the border and asking them about the damaged package and the wait time from the consulate/post. They may be able to confirm that you need a new one or if that one is fine. 

Hey, I also file a WOM with the Hacking law firm once month ago. Got DS-5535 on November 30 2022. Still no news so far. I hope we hear something soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone tried sending a heartfelt email to Montreal about this situation and requesting it be shown to the reps' manager? I'm sure it won't do anything at all but I'm about at the end of my rope here, just having passed a year in DS-5535 black hole. This is going to be my last ditch effort before I end up filing WOM. 

1 hour ago, P3P said:

Has anyone tried sending a heartfelt email to Montreal about this situation and requesting it be shown to the reps' manager? I'm sure it won't do anything at all but I'm about at the end of my rope here, just having passed a year in DS-5535 black hole. This is going to be my last ditch effort before I end up filing WOM. 

I have sent a handwritten letter,  a typed letter and an email. All were responded with the generic email response. 

I finally received an email from the consulate to submit my passport. Do you know how long it takes to get the passport back with the visa? I need to travel for work in two weeks for 3-4 days, would I be able to get my passport back in time if I mail it today or is that cutting it too close? The other option is to mail my passport end of March when I'm back from my work trip. My only concern is that my medical expires May 16 and the consulate might ask me to redo medical if I send my passport end of March. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
54 minutes ago, E_Gade said:

My husband’s medical is expiring tomorrow. Will they request a new one right away or only once the visa is approved?

Assuming you are in DS-5535 processing, they will send instructions to redo his medical once they intend to approve the visa.  Typically once they receive the new medical, it is 3-4 weeks until the passport is returned back to him.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.