2,958 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I was reading through some of the newer posts, and someone mentioned we shouldn't have any attachment to the DS5525 email. Ive travelled extensively for the past 15 years so it's impossible to add those in one email. I attached an excel file with all my travel records. Im freaking out now.

Any advice on what to do? Will this be a problem? 

This visa process will seriously be the end of me..

13 minutes ago, Tikitch said:

Hey guys!

I was reading through some of the newer posts, and someone mentioned we shouldn't have any attachment to the DS5525 email. Ive travelled extensively for the past 15 years so it's impossible to add those in one email. I attached an excel file with all my travel records. Im freaking out now.

I get the feeling DOS would be hesitant to open an excel file in an email. But if there were an issue I also think they would have told you by now to re-do. If it’s really bothering you, maybe send them an email asking if the 5535 response was acceptable? At least this way you’re getting ahead of a possible “please re-send your response without attachments” months later. If it helps, I know people who have sent in 5535 with errors (like not listing all previous passport numbers) and they were notified immediately to re-do. 

8 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

I get the feeling DOS would be hesitant to open an excel file in an email. But if there were an issue I also think they would have told you by now to re-do. If it’s really bothering you, maybe send them an email asking if the 5535 response was acceptable? At least this way you’re getting ahead of a possible “please re-send your response without attachments” months later. If it helps, I know people who have sent in 5535 with errors (like not listing all previous passport numbers) and they were notified immediately to re-do. 

Yikes. Will email them right away! Thank you! It's been 3 months since my interview, and my case has only been updated when I asked for my passport back from them. So not even sure anyone has started working on my file :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tikitch said:

Hey guys!

Yes, this is not for the faint of heart- it nearly destroyed me as well.  I am still not recovered and I just crossed last week.  I submitted a PDF of an excel sheet of all my travel with my DS5535 response email as I had over 100 trips to report.  It wasn't an issue.  You should be fine.  :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Well it has finally happened, pressing back on the law firm got a lawyer to talk to me and she was able to get the US attorney to lean on the consulate to send me--at long last!--the request for medical, a new RCMP certificate, new passport photos and my passport,  and to resubmit the DS-260 (for no described reason).

This can be considered positive movement. However, the court deadline is Jan 14 and this stuff cannot be done by that date, so the lawyers are going to have to negotiate something with US attorney to allow more time.

But this is still movement as opposed to being stagnant which is where you were for several years. My friend, the end is near and I am so happy for you. You truly do have cause to be positive

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

All,

Late December Consulate requested us to redo our medicals, update our DS-260, mail our passports and new photos which we did immediately. Using their courier service (Canada post express) we mailed our passport, it was suppose to be delivered on Jan. 3rd and Canada post tacker last update shows package arrived at Montreal on Dec 30th but does not show it was delivered. As of last week, we have been following up with Canada post to see what is the actual status is, first they said they'll look into it and opened a ticket for us, when, we called back the next day to follow-up, we were told since we are not the Sender and this is actually a return label, they are not providing information to us and they closed the ticket . Although these are our passports, we have the receipt of online payment and sender address is our home address, they still consider consulate as the Sender. They said to ask Consulate to follow up with them!!!! Just wondering if anyone heard of a situation like this. One nightmare after the other.

2 hours ago, EB2-NIW said:

All,

Late December Consulate requested us to redo our medicals, update our DS-260, mail our passports and new photos which we did immediately. Using their courier service (Canada post express) we mailed our passport, it was suppose to be delivered on Jan. 3rd and Canada post tacker last update shows package arrived at Montreal on Dec 30th but does not show it was delivered. As of last week, we have been following up with Canada post to see what is the actual status is, first they said they'll look into it and opened a ticket for us, when, we called back the next day to follow-up, we were told since we are not the Sender and this is actually a return label, they are not providing information to us and they closed the ticket . Although these are our passports, we have the receipt of online payment and sender address is our home address, they still consider consulate as the Sender. They said to ask Consulate to follow up with them!!!! Just wondering if anyone heard of a situation like this. One nightmare after the other.

Clipper Ship Supply Inc is the third party sorting facility that receives our additional documents. (514) 937-9561 is their number. It can't hurt to call them if that doesn't work then I would email the consulate (montreal-iv-dv@state.gov). I'm sorry that you're going through this. I can't imagine the frustration you're experiencing.

Edited by Tiabeanie

3 hours ago, EB2-NIW said:

All,

Get real Canada Post, geeze.

7 hours ago, AnimeLover89 said:

Ok guys just wanna update that my CEAC status is literally updating every single day now since the 6th. I have been seeing a date change everyday. Can someone tell what this exactly means?

Nobody can tell you exactly what it means but if I remember correctly, you didn’t even get 5535, so it’s quite likely you’re nearing the end of your wait. AP without 5535 usually resolve faster. 

6 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Nobody can tell you exactly what it means but if I remember correctly, you didn’t even get 5535, so it’s quite likely you’re nearing the end of your wait. AP without 5535 usually resolve faster. 

Yeah I never received any ds5535 or any questionnaire. I’m just in standard AP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Well it has finally happened, pressing back on the law firm got a lawyer to talk to me and she was able to get the US attorney to lean on the consulate to send me--at long last!--the request for medical, a new RCMP certificate, new passport photos and my passport,  and to resubmit the DS-260 (for no described reason).

This can be considered positive movement. However, the court deadline is Jan 14 and this stuff cannot be done by that date, so the lawyers are going to have to negotiate something with US attorney to allow more time.

Congrats dude! Super happy for you! They asked the exact same things for my moms as well. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.