2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

The consulate can override this I believe, get Jim to contact them.

I mean, it isn’t even accurate, obviously. The good news is that has to mean someone is  doing something in the background in the case file, but that is bizarre…I have sent email to the lawyers to ask about this.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

It’s automatic after X amount of time

Weird, I’ve been in AP longer than ice and mine never said that. 

@ice-qube I’m sure your lawyer will get that sorted

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Good Afternoon All,

after the additional processing and 5535, they received the documents i sent them.

they finally approved and issued my visa.

interview date - October 21st

email for additional document - October 24th

sent the document back to them - October 25th

Embassy emailed they received document - November 1st

Visa Approved - November 1st

Visa Issued - November 2nd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations @Ashley28888!  That is the fastest DS-5535 approval we have ever seen in this group.  Are you sure you don't mean you were given a 221G for missing documents?  The DS-5535 is an email they send you to fill out 15 years of addresses, travel, job history, among other things.  Please clarify.  Regardless - great news!

So they kept my passport and said they will let me know if they need additional document.

my interview was on Friday

so Monday they emailed me and the title of the email said - MTL2020****** - SAN****, ASH*** NOO*** - DS-5535

They emailed me a list of documents they needed.

The consular officer processing your visa application has requested that you provide us with the following information:
  • Dates of all entries into and exits out of the USA since 2008  and class of admission (B1/B2, F1, H1b) – if applicant has old passport, provide copy of all pages and any I-94s received (if she still has possession of them).
  • Copies of all notices for approvals of change of status ( I-797);
  • Copies of all employment authorization cards issued to the applicant;
  • Any documentation regarding the appeal of the H1B denial and subsequent appeal
Please send this information and documents by email to this address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

4 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

So they kept my passport and said they will let me know if they need additional document.

my interview was on Friday

so Monday they emailed me and the title of the email said - MTL2020****** - SAN****, ASH*** NOO*** - DS-5535

They emailed me a list of documents they needed.

The consular officer processing your visa application has requested that you provide us with the following information:
  • Dates of all entries into and exits out of the USA since 2008  and class of admission (B1/B2, F1, H1b) – if applicant has old passport, provide copy of all pages and any I-94s received (if she still has possession of them).
  • Copies of all notices for approvals of change of status ( I-797);
  • Copies of all employment authorization cards issued to the applicant;
  • Any documentation regarding the appeal of the H1B denial and subsequent appeal
Please send this information and documents by email to this address.

Ahh, I see you are an H1B, they process faster out of DS-5535 vs. family based, immigrant visas. Congrats again! You are very lucky!

Timeline

so yesterday as I said before my status changed to "Expiring Soon" all of a sudden. I sent email and called the law firm I am using, Hacking Law, about this and this is what the paralegal gives me as a response:

image.thumb.png.367af8971aee9e48a828b3429d1eef61.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

1 hour ago, Ashley28888 said:

F2B

This is indeed very speedy. Interesting.

Timeline
7 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Weird, I’ve been in AP longer than ice and mine never said that. 

@ice-qube I’m sure your lawyer will get that sorted

haahhahahahaa see my reply above about what lawyer is doing for me...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

haahhahahahaa see my reply above about what lawyer is doing for me...

lol wow.

i guess we should remember we are dealing with lawyers! they love to bill for everything!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

lol wow.

i guess we should remember we are dealing with lawyers! they love to bill for everything!

F___* them. Seriously. Why is this happening to me. This is likely another tactical maneuver the consulate is using for delay, and then the law firm i paid $5,000 USD says it isn't of their concern.

Maybe i sound like a "Karen" guy at this point, but honestly I am tired of this.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the spreadsheet. Nearly all of the cases are "refused".

Does that mean they are still in process or have actually been refused and the applicant is not pursuing this anymore?

I'm just trying to get a sense of what the refusal rate is once AP has been served and the long wait is over.

From all I've read here, it seems like I need to get a lawyer and prepare for WOM. Btw, I haven't even had my interview yet! haha!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.