JojoandTomas

JULY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

183 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

I got my case number and invoice number today from my congressional representative. I’m not sure What I can do from here, just wait till I get notice that it’s sent I suppose, is there a page I can check status at this point ?

Yes, you can check your case status using this link 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

It should show "At NVC" status right now. Once they send your case on Tuesday you will get an email from NVC and your case status will change to "In Transit". It should go pretty quick from now on. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
16 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Yes, you can check your case status using this link 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

It should show "At NVC" status right now. Once they send your case on Tuesday you will get an email from NVC and your case status will change to "In Transit". It should go pretty quick from now on. 

This page tells me invalid case number ☹️

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

Yes, TAL

Never mind I got it to work, I was choosing the wrong visa type. It does says at NVC

is there anything else we can do from this point? Pay the fees, ds160 anything?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Never mind I got it to work, I was choosing the wrong visa type. It does says at NVC

I don’t think there is anything you should do at this point. As far as I know, DS-160 and fees come after the Embassy contacts you or the Beneficiary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mari_Justin said:

9 hours ago, atcnaydn said:

I don’t think there is anything you should do at this point. As far as I know, DS-160 and fees come after the Embassy contacts you or the Beneficiary.

It depends on your embassy. For example, Warsaw embassy does allow people to pay the fee, schedule and fill out DS-160 at any time. You don't even need a case number from NVC, you use the one with WAC. Which is also not great, because a lot of people have occupied appointment dates even prior to getting their NOA2s....

So just check your regional forum to find out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Has anyone ever called uscis about the shipment of your case to the NVC? Searching for someone that could talk about the experience, if it helps or not. Still waiting for my case to arrive at the NVC (asking this on both August and July groups). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mbfernandes said:

Has anyone ever called uscis about the shipment of your case to the NVC? Searching for someone that could talk about the experience, if it helps or not. Still waiting for my case to arrive at the NVC (asking this on both August and July groups). 

We contacted them through the inquiry form on Thursday as the NVC says they don’t have our case yet (NOA2 on 07/11). They answered the next day saying it was shipped on 08/23.

18 hours ago, Justin & Michaela said:

We contacted them through the inquiry form on Thursday as the NVC says they don’t have our case yet (NOA2 on 07/11). They answered the next day saying it was shipped on 08/23.

Please let us know If u get ur case number this week, they are working on cases from 22th August ( frame time ) 😊

Timeline
19 hours ago, Justin & Michaela said:

I thought they had a specific schedule with sending to the Consulates. I know 8/30 was a big one so 8/23 doesn't meet the schedule. It's a fools errand trying to understand this process, however. 🤔

Today should be one of those days, crossing my fingers 🤞

Timeline

19 hours ago, Justin & Michaela said:

Why would USCIS wait 45 days to send the case to NVC? Smh

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

I thought they had a specific schedule with sending to the Consulates. I know 8/30 was a big one so 8/23 doesn't meet the schedule. It's a fools errand trying to understand this process, however. 🤔

Yes, the schedule is every other Tuesday. So, Aug 30, Sep 13, Sep 27, Oct 11… 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

That’s for the NVC, USCIS however doesn’t have a specific schedule as far as I know 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.