18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Husband just finished his medical exam, but they didn’t do a blood test on him, because they said due to his age (45). Do any of you know of the reason why or will they see he didn’t do one and deny entry to USA if his visa is approved?  

Edited by heartnmoroc
Add age.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Up to CO who may send him back for blood work 

according to  government immigration site blood work is required:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/medical-examination-faqs.html

The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.

that statement is under the title 
"what should the applicant expect at the medical examination"

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Up to CO who may send him back for blood work 

according to  government immigration site blood work is required:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/medical-examination-faqs.html

The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.

that statement is under the title 
"what should the applicant expect at the medical examination"

Ok. Thank you JeanneAdil.  We figure that too. My husband is worried they never did one. We have to go back in 3 hours to pickup the results of everything else.  But the envelope will be sealed and not open until he reach the USA. So how will they know until then?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, heartnmoroc said:

Ok. Thank you JeanneAdil.  We figure that too. My husband is worried they never did one. We have to go back in 3 hours to pickup the results of everything else.  But the envelope will be sealed and not open until he reach the USA. So how will they know until then?

Typically the medical is sent directly to the embassy. If they do not and give him a sealed envelop to take to the interview, then the embassy will open it and review the medical results.  

If the visa is approved, the embassy will prepare a different sealed envelop for the applicant to take to CBP in the US.  But nowadays these packets are electronic.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Typically the medical is sent directly to the embassy. If they do not and give him a sealed envelop to take to the interview, then the embassy will open it and review the medical results.  

If the visa is approved, the embassy will prepare a different sealed envelop for the applicant to take to CBP in the US.  But nowadays these packets are electronic.

Ok. Thank you for the information. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, heartnmoroc said:

Should we request the bloodwork?  We have to go back in 2 hours?  Don’t want to piss anyone off and the medical exam paperwork becomes lost if they say will send to the consulate.  Neither the receptionist nor the doctor was nice. Husband said both very rude. The doctor even told him not to bring his American wife in the office. Even though I was sitting outside of the building. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, heartnmoroc said:

Should we request the bloodwork?  We have to go back in 2 hours?  Don’t want to piss anyone off and the medical exam paperwork becomes lost if they say will send to the consulate.  Neither the receptionist nor the doctor was nice. Husband said both very rude. The doctor even told him not to bring his American wife in the office. Even though I was sitting outside of the building. 

Tell them that blood work is required for all applicants and that your husband needs one done.

Unless they show you a Consulate document that states it is not required.

A friend of mine (45 years old) was required to do one before his interview two months ago (DV lottery winner).

So, I think it is required and not doing it might cause unwanted delays

Edited by etrangais
correction

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

In the past Drs in Morocco give the envelope to the bene to take to interview/  they send it directly when there is an issue like drug use or TB

he should tell the Dr when he returns that a blood test was suppose to be taken 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Tell them that blood work is required for all applicants and that your husband needs one done.

Unless they show you a Consulate document that states it is not required.

A friend of mine (45 years old) was required to do one before his interview two months ago (DV lottery winner).

So, I think it is required and not doing it might cause unwanted delays

Okay. Thank you sooooo much.  Husband is waiting to go back in and will request one.  We really appreciate this…thank you. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

In the past Drs in Morocco give the envelope to the bene to take to interview/  they send it directly when there is an issue like drug use or TB

he should tell the Dr when he returns that a blood test was suppose to be taken 

Thank you JeanneAdil. You are always very helpful. Much appreciated.  I’ll let you know what happens. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, heartnmoroc said:

Thank you JeanneAdil. You are always very helpful. Much appreciated.  I’ll let you know what happens. 

Sooo… my husband went back for his second appointment for the medical exam and he told them that he needed the blood work to go with the medical from what he read from the us consulate page on requirements to enter the USA.  The receptionist was much nicer this go around. She took him back to the doctor and he said are you worried about the requirements for the blood work and my husband said yes. So Dr. JANAH ABDELAZIZ said he assured he doesn’t need it because of his age and had him go across the street to get three vaccines from the pharmacy that was needed. Husband said doctor was much nicer this time around too. He said everyone was pleasant and Doctor even had a small conversation about which visa he was applying for.  One hour later husband walks out feeling relieved this time. Now next we wait for the interview. For anyone reading this after the NVC DQ your file, call immediately to get the medical exam appointment. Husband called all three.. first one set the appointment for one month after the Visa interview, the second said call back after the booster shot ) the next day after the booster the appointment was set 10 days before the Visa interview.  The third one no answer all day line was a fast busy even into the night.  

(Not sure if I can post the following part, if not please delete)

Closest train station: Casa Port (Casablanca)

Hotels near Dr. JANAH ABDELAZIZ office:

NEW HOTEL CASABLANCA 

MOVENPICK CASABLANCA. 

Hotel near Dr. Berrada Belkhayat Mounia:  ONOMO Casablanca 

All are within 2-3 minutes walk. 

13 hours ago, heartnmoroc said:

Husband just finished his medical exam, but they didn’t do a blood test on him, because they said due to his age (45). Do any of you know of the reason why or will they see he didn’t do one and deny entry to USA if his visa is approved?  

From the hospital for medicals.... (US visa/Korea)

double check for Morocco but here in Korea people over 45 only need exam and xray

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 9.15.22.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, heartnmoroc said:

Sooo… my husband went back for his second appointment for the medical exam and he told them that he needed the blood work to go with the medical from what he read from the us consulate page on requirements to enter the USA.  The receptionist was much nicer this go around. She took him back to the doctor and he said are you worried about the requirements for the blood work and my husband said yes. So Dr. JANAH ABDELAZIZ said he assured he doesn’t need it because of his age and had him go across the street to get three vaccines from the pharmacy that was needed. Husband said doctor was much nicer this time around too. He said everyone was pleasant and Doctor even had a small conversation about which visa he was applying for.  One hour later husband walks out feeling relieved this time. Now next we wait for the interview. For anyone reading this after the NVC DQ your file, call immediately to get the medical exam appointment. Husband called all three.. first one set the appointment for one month after the Visa interview, the second said call back after the booster shot ) the next day after the booster the appointment was set 10 days before the Visa interview.  The third one no answer all day line was a fast busy even into the night.  

(Not sure if I can post the following part, if not please delete)

Closest train station: Casa Port (Casablanca)

Hotels near Dr. JANAH ABDELAZIZ office:

NEW HOTEL CASABLANCA 

MOVENPICK CASABLANCA. 

Hotel near Dr. Berrada Belkhayat Mounia:  ONOMO Casablanca 

All are within 2-3 minutes walk. 

Do you mean they required a covid booster shot? Even with 2 covid shots?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.