Lauriane_C

June 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

178 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RobZ said:

yep on my 3rd now.   It's so frustrating because they ask for things they didn't ask for in the previous 2.   It's very inefficient.   They should really open up a 12-24 hour response window where it will get looked at immediately and if you miss that then you go back to the end of the line.  

So how long did you wait between each RFE?

52 minutes ago, l.hudson@ymail.co said:

So how long did you wait between each RFE?

10-12 weeks.   Your resubmission date becomes your new submit date.  And things just start again.  You go to the back of the queue.

Edited by RobZ
typo

20 minutes ago, Vickifree said:

Had a RFE 13Th June . Resubmitted 6th July . Still haven’t heard a word 🥹🥹

What was your RFE for?

1 hour ago, Vickifree said:

To Add a joint sponsor .  Do they need additional 75 days to review a joint sponsor . I’m losing  my mind . First submission was 4th April .  

Yes you go back to the back of the queue. I’m hoping to be DQ the week of Halloween

My case was accepted at nvc on Jun 10th and Dq'd on Aug 19th.  Just waiting on interview for Manila.  That is the hard part for me.

2 hours ago, SM0 said:

Just got an email confirming we are DQ'd.

Submitted on 29th June.

What did your email say or look like?

16 minutes ago, SM0 said:

Here is an example already posted on VJ, they are all the same template: https://images.app.goo.gl/dkP4Eh4rnCzqe3Mn6

Thank you

On 8/31/2022 at 3:57 PM, Mark and Karina said:

We submitted June 16, just got RFA tonight. They accepted everything but my wife's birth certificate. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it because it looks just like one of the samples they accept. There appears to be a long form birth certificate available so maybe that is what they need. It's so frustrating, we were close

Maybe they want the front an back? My husbands' back has a stamp on it, so we did both sides.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/31/2022 at 12:02 PM, Educ8r said:

Docs submitted to NVC June 24, 2022.  I got an REF today saying that my husband's UK police certificate was unacceptable.  I ordered it from ACRO which is the site NVC said it needed to come from.  I'm thinking the problem is there's not an "issue date" or something that says it's current.  I simply forwarded what they sent me.  Upon looking at it a few weeks later, I noticed there wasn't a date so I uploaded a copy of my request and their dated email reply that was received with the certificate.  Upon checking my docs on CEAC, the second upload with the dated email is not there.  

NVC doesn't mention what is wrong with the police certificate.  Their message simply says for my to send an "acceptable" certificate but doesn't tell me what constitutes that. 

I'm at a loss.  Do I order another one from ACRO?  If so, won't it also be not dated?  If anyone could help, I'd really be grateful. 

Did you scan and upload it ? That could be the disconnect. Maybe it needs to be scanned 

Filed: H-1C Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

Maybe they want the front an back? My husbands' back has a stamp on it, so we did both sides.

We found that they need a long form birth certificate from Brazil that you need to get from the place you were born. She is getting that and we will try again. I thought my birth certificate would be the problem, not hers. I was born abroad to US parents so it's much more complicated 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.