Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

117 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

1. Is the joint sponsor married? If yes, do they file taxes “married filing jointly” ? If yes, their spouse needs to fill an I-864A.

2. Tax transcript 2021 for you. Joint sponsor’s tax transcript 2021 (preferably last 3 years).

3. Your 2021 W2/1099 if present. We wrote a letter explaining we don’t have either because there’s been a trend of the NVC issuing RFEs for them.

Your joint sponsor’s W2s/1099s. People here will tell you you don’t need the W2 but if you don’t submit it and they request it, you’re tossing 2-3 months down the drain.

4. Proof of domicile for you and your joint sponsor (lease, driving license, voters ID).

5. Beneficiary: birth certificate and certified translation of it, 2x2 photo, biographic data page of passport, marriage certificate + certified translation.

Advice: let the beneficiary start figuring out how long the police certificates take to be ready and what documents are needed to apply for them. However, don’t order them just yet.

Thanks for this list! 

We too don't have W-2s as we live abroad. I was planning on using translated pay stubs or a copy of my Japanese "W-2"

Hopefully I can round all of this up today! 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

1. Is the joint sponsor married? If yes, do they file taxes “married filing jointly” ? If yes, their spouse needs to fill an I-864A.

2. Tax transcript 2021 for you. Joint sponsor’s tax transcript 2021 (preferably last 3 years).

3. Your 2021 W2/1099 if present. We wrote a letter explaining we don’t have either because there’s been a trend of the NVC issuing RFEs for them.

Your joint sponsor’s W2s/1099s. People here will tell you you don’t need the W2 but if you don’t submit it and they request it, you’re tossing 2-3 months down the drain.

4. Proof of domicile for you and your joint sponsor (lease, driving license, voters ID).

5. Beneficiary: birth certificate and certified translation of it, 2x2 photo, biographic data page of passport, marriage certificate + certified translation.

Advice: let the beneficiary start figuring out how long the police certificates take to be ready and what documents are needed to apply for them. However, don’t order them just yet.

Just a note, in case anyone is going back and reading this. 

Based on what I see on the USCIS site, the I-864A is only needed if you are using the sponsors spouse as a means to hit the 125% threshold. But then I see some conflicting info on the same page.

For SOME sponsors: 

• If you are using the income of people in your household or dependents to qualify, a separate Form I-864A for each person whose income you will use. However, an intending immigrant whose income is being used must complete Form I-864A only if their spouse and/or children are immigrating with them. 

"scroll down a bit"

• A separate Form I-864A for each household member using assets other than for the intending immigrant

Taken from USCIS site.

Maybe someone done with the NVC stage can weigh in. I plan on doing the I-864A just to be safe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Orzo said:

Just a note, in case anyone is going back and reading this. 

Based on what I see on the USCIS site, the I-864A is only needed if you are using the sponsors spouse as a means to hit the 125% threshold. But then I see some conflicting info on the same page.

For SOME sponsors: 

• If you are using the income of people in your household or dependents to qualify, a separate Form I-864A for each person whose income you will use. However, an intending immigrant whose income is being used must complete Form I-864A only if their spouse and/or children are immigrating with them. 

"scroll down a bit"

• A separate Form I-864A for each household member using assets other than for the intending immigrant

Taken from USCIS site.

Maybe someone done with the NVC stage can weigh in. I plan on doing the I-864A just to be safe.

It’s not conflicting. The I864A is used in two cases:

1. When joint sponsor files taxes MFJ, their spouse needs to fill in the I864A

2. When you live with a parent or sibling and plan to use their income. The advantage of them filling the I864A over the I864 is that their income doesn’t have to qualify on its own (125% threshold), and can be added to your income. Here you can see the pattern in I864A: it is combined income. So you can theoretically make a household member fill an I864, but they’d have to qualify separately as a joint sponsor on their own.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

It’s not conflicting. The I864A is used in two cases:

1. When joint sponsor files taxes MFJ, their spouse needs to fill in the I864A

2. When you live with a parent or sibling and plan to use their income. The advantage of them filling the I864A over the I864 is that their income doesn’t have to qualify on its own (125% threshold), and can be added to your income. Here you can see the pattern in I864A: it is combined income. So you can theoretically make a household member fill an I864, but they’d have to qualify separately as a joint sponsor on their own.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah! That does make sense. Thanks for the clarity and for the speedy replies!

31 minutes ago, Orzo said:

Just a note, in case anyone is going back and reading this. EDIT: CORRECTED INFO IN REPLY ABOVE

For SOME sponsors: 

"scroll down a bit"

Taken from USCIS site.

Edited by Orzo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Orzo said:

NOA2 is here!  I-130 approved. 

Same exact thing as everyone else. 

Went under review today and the I-130 came shortly after I believe. 

Still not sure if I-129 sped things up, but it definitely didn't hurt anything. 

congrats!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Orzo said:

Congrats!! 🎉🎊  Wow you started preparing your NVC documents just in time, LOL!

On 11/7/2022 at 10:55 PM, Orzo said:

Congrats! I just finished the DS260 and the Documentations for my Wife as well. Took longer than expected thanks to the Police Report for Thailand. Hopefully everything is smoother sailing for you in Japan.

Timeline
On 11/12/2022 at 2:15 AM, Hmoobphajej said:

Congrats! I just finished the DS260 and the Documentations for my Wife as well. Took longer than expected thanks to the Police Report for Thailand. Hopefully everything is smoother sailing for you in Japan.

Forward progress is forward progress!

How long did it take to get your welcome letter/account info?

I just received an email called "introduction to document collection" giving tips on document uploading and claiming that I was recently notified that they are ready for me to begin uploading. Did you received your welcome letter via email or physical mail? I haven't gotten either :(

On 11/8/2022 at 1:55 AM, Orzo said:

Congratulations! Can I ask when did you file your I-129? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orzo said:

Thank you! 

I'm not sure the exact day that I filed... Late June though!
USCIS received it on July 6th!

Congrats on your approval! I’m an April 2022 filer but had not heard about also submitting an I-129 as a way to speed up the process. Do you mind explaining this, or pointing me to another thread that does?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ryebagel said:

Congrats on your approval! I’m an April 2022 filer but had not heard about also submitting an I-129 as a way to speed up the process. Do you mind explaining this, or pointing me to another thread that does?

I can't link any specific threads at the moment due to work, but basically the idea is that when you file a 129F along side a 130, it essentially puts you in 2 different lines. 

The HOPE is that the 129F gets looked at first which leads the case worker to notice the I-130. At which point the HOPE is that the worker would go ahead and look at and approve the I-130 and deny the I-129 as you can't be approved for both. 

Hope that's clear.. it's still early here.. 

And mine was approved for Expediate for Medical emergency....yet they have asked for RFE twice now (the 2nd time I was actually on my Honeymoon with my husband in another country since getting any visa from India seems to take long time).

Any suggestions??? I did already complete my I864 for him - ready to submit to NVC once we receive the NOA2 from USCIS AND a NVC assigned code.

image.thumb.png.b24fe4ee5f9dcc6de068b8e49f249866.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.