Inveigh

How long was your I-129F Packet

9 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious to get some insight as to how long everyone's VISA Packet is. That is all. Thanks

In general, I recommend people print out and follow the optional checklist/instructions as a guide.  That is what we did.  We didn't even send any pictures, although we had evidence (passport stamps, primarily) of several years of trips back and forth between the US and NZ before filing.

That being said, for MENA/S. Asian countries, and particularly Iran, the general advice is to front-load that petition with as much high quality evidence as you have.  This is because certain countries (Iran included) are high-risk/high-fraud, and there is additional vetting of visa applicants.  You do not want to give them any reason to deny for lack of relationship evidence, as that is at least something you do have control over.  The very best type of evidence is from time spent together in person - the more time, the better.

How much time have you spent together in person?  Do you have any 'red flags'?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

In general, I recommend people print out and follow the optional checklist/instructions as a guide.  That is what we did.  We didn't even send any pictures, although we had evidence (passport stamps, primarily) of several years of trips back and forth between the US and NZ before filing.

That being said, for MENA/S. Asian countries, and particularly Iran, the general advice is to front-load that petition with as much high quality evidence as you have.  This is because certain countries (Iran included) are high-risk/high-fraud, and there is additional vetting of visa applicants.  You do not want to give them any reason to deny for lack of relationship evidence, as that is at least something you do have control over.  The very best type of evidence is from time spent together in person - the more time, the better.

How much time have you spent together in person?  Do you have any 'red flags'?

We spent 1/2 a Month together in Turkey. As far as red flags, we're the same age, both speak English, and I'm agnostic and she is an atheist. Our K-1 Petition was 125 Pages long and sectionalized with pictures of our messages, and trip together and video chats.

I just looked up my cover letter for petition, beside the i129f itself, I have 1 page of Evidence of U.S citizenship, 1 page of my fiancé's passport, 2 pages of letters of intention to marry within 90 days, 3 pages of itineraries for in-person meeting, 1 page of my visa and entry stamps to china, and 2 pages of pictures (20 pictures from different time in different places).

That's total of 10 pages beside the i129f form, we got approved with no RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Less than 20 pages I believe, and then the i-129f form itself. Quite minimal, but could've been even less tbh. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Ours was 137 but we also used a lawyer so there were a few additional pages and I think it could have gotten massively cut down had I better organized the photos and their explanations. I got an RFE for my (US citizen's) criminal history since I got some stupid tickets in college. It seemed like a dumb RFE just meant to stall time.... 

Here is a list of the supporting documentation we gave in addition to the regular 129F paperwork:

•  Copy of Petitioner's  passport (every single page of the passport)
  • Copy of Petitioner's Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Beneficiary's Identification
  • Copy of Beneficiary's Birth Certificate with English translation
  • Copy of Beneficiary's passport (every single page of the passport, even the blank ones)
  • Copies of flight itinerary
  • Copies of boarding passes
  • Copy of Airbnb receipts from trips together
  • Copies of photos from our trips (~38 pages of photos and copies of the back with details of when and where)
  • Letters from Family and Friends attesting to our relationship

On 6/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, penny065 said:

Ours was 137 but we also used a lawyer so there were a few additional pages and I think it could have gotten massively cut down had I better organized the photos and their explanations. I got an RFE for my (US citizen's) criminal history since I got some stupid tickets in college. It seemed like a dumb RFE just meant to stall time.... 

Here is a list of the supporting documentation we gave in addition to the regular 129F paperwork:

•  Copy of Petitioner's  passport (every single page of the passport)
  • Copy of Petitioner's Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Beneficiary's Identification
  • Copy of Beneficiary's Birth Certificate with English translation
  • Copy of Beneficiary's passport (every single page of the passport, even the blank ones)
  • Copies of flight itinerary
  • Copies of boarding passes
  • Copy of Airbnb receipts from trips together
  • Copies of photos from our trips (~38 pages of photos and copies of the back with details of when and where)
  • Letters from Family and Friends attesting to our relationship

You have given them more than enough

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.