JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, centric23 said:

We can't book medical yet, but we paid the fee before booking. That's crazy they'll cancel people's interviews. How's the backlog?

They are about two months out from scheduling, it worked for us because we wanted it in October but we got our approval to set an interview date 8/27 and they only had two days available in October as the earliest. And the scariest part about them canceling interviews is that they do it day of without notice. So you could wait two months go and that morning they cancel 😱😱 so scary so we made sure we followed their rules to the T

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So after we hit 60 days I wrote to the NVCResearch email again and was told they still have not received our case from USCIS. I went ahead and reached out to my senator for a congressional inquiry to find out where it is. We were approved 72 days ago and still nothing. I was so hopeful this would be the fast and easy part. Our embassy has no backlog and if USCIS would just get it to NVC and to the embassy we could be done in a matter of weeks. I’ll be writing to NVC again and putting in an inquiry at USCIS once we hit 91 days. I called USCIS and was told they sent it months ago, but I have very serious doubts. My fiancé is waiting to sell off his cars and house once he has his visa in hand, so it’s discouraging to see this part take so long when I know even once we have the visa it will still take a month or so before he can leave. I was so hopeful we’d have 2022 as our wedding year since it’s my parents 40th anniversary year 😔 

Timeline
4 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

So after we hit 60 days I wrote to the NVCResearch email again and was told they still have not received our case from USCIS. I went ahead and reached out to my senator for a congressional inquiry to find out where it is. We were approved 72 days ago and still nothing. I was so hopeful this would be the fast and easy part. Our embassy has no backlog and if USCIS would just get it to NVC and to the embassy we could be done in a matter of weeks. I’ll be writing to NVC again and putting in an inquiry at USCIS once we hit 91 days. I called USCIS and was told they sent it months ago, but I have very serious doubts. My fiancé is waiting to sell off his cars and house once he has his visa in hand, so it’s discouraging to see this part take so long when I know even once we have the visa it will still take a month or so before he can leave. I was so hopeful we’d have 2022 as our wedding year since it’s my parents 40th anniversary year 😔 

Stay hopeful, and strong. This is a mere speed bump, I pray it moves quickly for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our updated timeline:

NOA1 - May 17, 2021

NOA2 - June 29, 2022

NVC Received - August 11, 2022

NVC Sent - August 30, 2022

Case "Ready" at Consulate - August 31, 2022

Packet 3 Received - September 9, 2022

Interview - December 6, 2022 (Questionable...)

Timeline
On 9/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, To_the_moon said:

Our updated timeline:

NOA1 - May 17, 2021

NOA2 - June 29, 2022

NVC Received - August 11, 2022

NVC Sent - August 30, 2022

Case "Ready" at Consulate - August 31, 2022

Packet 3 Received - September 9, 2022

Interview - December 6, 2022 (Questionable...)

Congrats, why questionable though?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Just got my case number today, about 40 min ago.

Case is at NVC

They replied to enquiry sent on 21st July

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Emerick said:

Congrats, why questionable though?

Poland has recently banned all Russians entering their country, regardless of their Schengen visas. So I don’t know if we’ll still attend his interview in Warsaw. 

Timeline

In transit today 

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Timeline
17 hours ago, sourumeboshi said:

Our case has been changed to ready AFTER our interview. But frustrating since the medical wasn't in our file. 

Did u book the medical too close to the interview?

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, sourumeboshi said:

Week and a half. They have it now and it's still sitting as ready. Just impatient I guess.

I guess you were approved

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone!

My timeline from NVC to interview below:

NOA1: April 19
NOA2: June 28
At NVC: Mid august (exact date unsure)
NVC number received: August 30
In transit: Sept. 13
Case ready: Sept. 15

Medical: Sept. 29
Interview: Nov. 10

Edited by centric23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amelme said:

Guys, I need help 😕 we first have to wait for packet 3, than we first have to finish medical and than appoitment for interwiev or what :(? How many Days have to wait for medical

For us, to book medical, you need an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.