Meriem_DZ

USCIS never ceases to amaze me

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hachemi just got a letter from USCIS dated July 12, 2007 that acknowledges the call I made to them last Dec. 26, 2006. I had called them to tell them that they had spelled Hachemi's name wrong on the NOA1 for our AOS. Ok, this is what the letter said.

"Type of service request-Typographical error". then next it say this.

"On June 5, 2007 we mailed you a PR card for you and mailed it to the address you have on file. You have notified us that you have not received it and the post office has not returned it to us. We must conclude that it is lost in the mail. Therefore you need to file a form I-90, application to replace permanent resident card with fee."

This is so crazy cause I never notified them that we did not receive his green card. dumbarsses! We received his green card, but his name was MISSPELLED!! The reason I called in the first place.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh gosh....these people really amaze me! Hope you get it cleared soon...!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can these people read, or is not a requirement for getting a job at USCIS? :blink:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Can these people read, or is not a requirement for getting a job at USCIS? :blink:

Surprisingly, they require a masters degree to work as an officer/processor at USCIS... you'd think reading would also be a requirement! :wacko:

12140.gif

Sounds all wrong but they are correct in the end!

You do need to file a I-90 to correct misspelled GCs.

No fee if it's a USCIS mistake.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Surprisingly, they require a masters degree to work as an officer/processor at USCIS... you'd think reading would also be a requirement! :wacko:

The OP called...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are you serious? You need a masters degree to give people wrong information and be mean?? :blink: That can be done without even a certificate of completion!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I thought only monkeys worked at USCIS. :whistle:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The OP called...

It makes it even worse - they don't understand human speech... :blink:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Are you serious? You need a masters degree to give people wrong information and be mean?? :blink: That can be done without even a certificate of completion!!

Yes I'm 100% serious. Some VJer posted a link to an open position in DC for an officer. So they need a masters degree to be sophisticated enough to get everyone off the phone without a real answer and tell everyone "please be patient and wait." They do all this, while getting the minimum salary of $72,000 :angry:

12140.gif

Yes I'm 100% serious. Some VJer posted a link to an open position in DC for an officer. So they need a masters degree to be sophisticated enough to get everyone off the phone without a real answer and tell everyone "please be patient and wait." They do all this, while getting the minimum salary of $72,000 :angry:

Ummm.... the customer 'service' people on the misinformation lines and the adjudicators are NOT one and the same. Somehow I doubt the people who parrot off that 'call back in 30 days' stuff while handing out bad advice left, right and centre are on a $72,000 salary... :unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh No . this is terrible !!

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.