Yarusenai

K1 Condition Removal - how to send?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

finally time for me to remove my conditions on the Green Card. Got all the documents assembled, everything is signed and labeled, maybe a bit more chaotically than I would like - but it is all there. The question for me now is - who will I send these documents with?

On the i 751 page, they give two different addresses and the option of either USPS, FedEx, UPS or DHL. I want to ask you guys - who did you choose and what were the results? Did the documents ship smoothly or were there any issues? I was thinking about USPS as the probably easiest option, but I have had bad experiences with USPS in the past, particularly when it comes to receiving mail and packages. What are your experiences? Thanks!

I just sent mine two days ago through UPS and it wasn't priority mail but already arrived today. My husband asked USPS and it would arrive at the same day but should be set as a priority mail. Prices differed by $3, USPS more than UPS. 

I mailed mine via USPS priority mail and it arrived within a couple of days without issue. I paid for it online, printed a label, and then booked collection online so they picked it up from my home. Super easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I also sent mine via USPS (Priority Mail Express). No issues at all. 

Also, here is the USCIS page about the addresses/where to file I-751 just in case you want to double-check: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751-direct-filing-addresses

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, I tried sending it with USPS, but it was quite a journey. I sent it, but the ATTN - I 751 was in line three instead of two by accident, so they returned the mail to me because of a wrong address. At least that is what they said, but then it never came back to me. The tracking update then showed that it was sent to Phoenix after all - only to, today, update the status to say that they "refused" to accept the letter and it will be sent back to me. How can it be refused - it goes to a P.O. Box????

USPS is so frustrating to deal with. I will print out everything yet again and just use FedEx or UPS.

Edited by Yarusenai

Timeline
On 5/26/2022 at 3:45 AM, Don0 said:

I just sent mine two days ago through UPS and it wasn't priority mail but already arrived today. My husband asked USPS and it would arrive at the same day but should be set as a priority mail. Prices differed by $3, USPS more than UPS. 

Quick question; where did you send it to when using UPS? I know the address is on the USCIS site, but several pages said to put the ATTN: I-751 first, which would be above USCIS. Do you remember how the address looked like when you sent it? The information I find is at odds with what USCIS is writing.

8 hours ago, Yarusenai said:

Quick question; where did you send it to when using UPS? I know the address is on the USCIS site, but several pages said to put the ATTN: I-751 first, which would be above USCIS. Do you remember how the address looked like when you sent it? The information I find is at odds with what USCIS is writing.

I mailed it as it is shown on the USCIS site which is this:

USCIS
Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

So USCIS is above the attn. 😊

Timeline
10 hours ago, Don0 said:

I mailed it as it is shown on the USCIS site which is this:

USCIS
Attn: I-751 (Box 21200)
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850

So USCIS is above the attn. 😊

Thanks! So annoying. Printed out everything again, just need to copy the Greencard again...then I will head to FedEx tomorrow and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.