PilsenC

I130 Relative Brother NC - SVC California .

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Good day to everyone!

Its been a long time since I was active n this website, and I apologize if this question has already been made. I don't know how to look for this exact answer.

I am now a U.S. Citizen and applied to bring my brother to the U.S.A.; now I have a question; my receipt starts with an I.O.E; the S.V.C. center is California. Here is my doubt, I live in North Carolina, and all my USCIS paperwork since my K1 paperwork went thru Texas Service Center. Is it normal to relocate I30 ( F4) to that service center? I m confused and heartbreaking about the 138 months wait. I guess like everyone else. 

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give related to this, and again I'm sorry if the question was already posted. 

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It really does not matter if it takes the I 130 that long to be approved, it could be beneficial.

The Priority Date is key and that is about 20 years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, PilsenC said:

Good day to everyone!

Its been a long time since I was active n this website, and I apologize if this question has already been made. I don't know how to look for this exact answer.

I am now a U.S. Citizen and applied to bring my brother to the U.S.A.; now I have a question; my receipt starts with an I.O.E; the S.V.C. center is California. Here is my doubt, I live in North Carolina, and all my USCIS paperwork since my K1 paperwork went thru Texas Service Center. Is it normal to relocate I30 ( F4) to that service center? I m confused and heartbreaking about the 138 months wait. I guess like everyone else. 

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give related to this, and again I'm sorry if the question was already posted. 

Service center assignment is not related to your residential address.

and you’re looking at close to 20 years all told.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It really does not matter if it takes the I 130 that long to be approved, it could be beneficial.

The Priority Date is key and that is about 20 years.

I really don't get how can be beneficial, like, I've been reading a lot of people saying that but don't gt the clue

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Service center assignment is not related to your residential address.

and you’re looking at close to 20 years all told.

Well, that sucks, i guess some people is lucky enough to get 8 months? or maybe is by defect straight to California. 

Thank you both for the answers :)

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

3 minutes ago, PilsenC said:

I really don't get how can be beneficial, like, I've been reading a lot of people saying that but don't gt the clue

Well, that sucks, i guess some people is lucky enough to get 8 months? or maybe is by defect straight to California. 

8 months?   For a visa for sibling?   No.   It takes 15-20 years minimum.

you need to familiarize yourself with the visa bulletin and the concept of numerically limited visas.

Petition approval and visa availability are two different things.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, PilsenC said:

If he has children who would otherwise age out, they can deduct the time it takes the I 130 to process from their age to keep them under 21.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

8 months?   For a visa for sibling?   No.   It takes 15-20 years minimum.

you need to familiarize yourself with the visa bulletin and the concept of numerically limited visas.

Petition approval and visa availability are two different things.

I was familiar with the visa bulletin, but once you stop looking you fogt the difference between petitions and this visas. Thank you. 

Just now, Boiler said:

If he has children who would otherwise age out, they can deduct the time it takes the I 130 to process from their age to keep them under 21.

He does, he is 4.  Well, lets see, already knew that the process was going to be different to mine. Thank you

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That's the thing I need to check ( e.g do my research) because I don't see how that may affect the timeline. At the end the boy is 4, will be at least 17 years . Frustrated King Of The Hill GIF

Timeline

If  it takes 20  years the child will be 24, but deduct the I 130  processing time so if that is more than 3 years he will be under

21 and can come

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, PilsenC said:

That's the thing I need to check ( e.g do my research) because I don't see how that may affect the timeline. At the end the boy is 4, will be at least 17 years . 

13 hours ago, Boiler said:

If  it takes 20  years the child will be 24, but deduct the I 130  processing time so if that is more than 3 years he will be under

21 and can come

For clarity.  OP mentioned that CSC processing time for F4 is 138 months.  Let's say it actually takes 120 months (10 years).  Let's also say it takes 20 years for the brother's visa to be available. 

The brother's son is 4 years now.  The brother's son will be 24 years when the visa is available, normally aging out.  But because USCIS took 10 years to approve the I-130, the son can deduct those 10 years for his CSPA age = 14 years.  Therefore, the son can immigrate with the parent (brother).  This is how long processing times at USCIS can help for numerically limited visas. 

OP, currently the F4 for Venezuela is about 15 years, but this may creep up to 20 years by 2037.  It all depends on how many petitions are filed between now and then for that category while the numerical limits remain the same. 

Timeline

It is more a question of how many petitions have been filed in the last 15 years or so.

Everything I have come across says the number of F4 petitions has increased substantially, makes sense,  so waiting times go up.

Time will tell how long it will actually take.

The current queue for visas is made publicly available on an annual basis. The latest shows 2.24m people already in line waiting for F4 visas as at November last year https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/WaitingList/WaitingListItem_2021vF.pdf 

of course, this changes as principals die or derivatives are added or die or age out over time, or decide not to proceed, and some of those are less important for the overall number as they are subject to country limits but …yes, it’s a lot of people when you consider the annual quota for F4 visas is 65000.

Timeline
19 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

For clarity.  OP mentioned that CSC processing time for F4 is 138 months.  Let's say it actually takes 120 months (10 years).  Let's also say it takes 20 years for the brother's visa to be available. 

The brother's son is 4 years now.  The brother's son will be 24 years when the visa is available, normally aging out.  But because USCIS took 10 years to approve the I-130, the son can deduct those 10 years for his CSPA age = 14 years.  Therefore, the son can immigrate with the parent (brother).  This is how long processing times at USCIS can help for numerically limited visas. 

OP, currently the F4 for Venezuela is about 15 years, but this may creep up to 20 years by 2037.  It all depends on how many petitions are filed between now and then for that category while the numerical limits remain the same. 

OMG, Thank you so much for yr time with the explanation I Get it!!!! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.