waterlooengineer

May 2022 NVC Submission

187 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Zan1 said:

Is anyone still waiting on a review from mid May? I submitted a document required for an RFE on May 18th and haven’t heard anything. The document is still sitting there as “submitted” in the portal.

I would have expected to have heard something by now if they’ve moved onto cases from 28th May. Is that normal?

That’s not good. Did you send an email? I have heard of a similar case a long ago where a case was stopped in the middle because a shift ended and the next guy didn’t touch the case and in fact nobody did until the petitioner called the NVC and got to speak with a supervisor to fix everything. Nowadays you cannot even call so this is not good.

Any May filers still waiting to hear back from NVC

3 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

That’s not good. Did you send an email? I have heard of a similar case a long ago where a case was stopped in the middle because a shift ended and the next guy didn’t touch the case and in fact nobody did until the petitioner called the NVC and got to speak with a supervisor to fix everything. Nowadays you cannot even call so this is not good.

Thanks for your reply! That’s absolutely not what I wanted to hear! 

We submitted our documents at the end of last year and got an FE Note that we were missing tax documents that we don’t have (typical W2 problem with petitioners working abroad). Submitted a letter stating why we didn’t have the document and waited 4 months for a reply. Got another FE Note about the same problem only to discover after calling the NVC that we’d attached the wrong letter. Submitted the right letter and waited another 3 months, and now our case appears to be busted and we can’t even call to sort it out! 

I’ve sent a message via the message centre so I guess we’ll wait another month to see what happens. I don’t think I’ve ever been this stressed in my life! 

9 minutes ago, Zan1 said:

We submitted our documents at the end of last year and got an FE Note that we were missing tax documents that we don’t have (typical W2 problem with petitioners working abroad). Submitted a letter stating why we didn’t have the document and waited 4 months for a reply. Got another FE Note about the same problem only to discover after calling the NVC that we’d attached the wrong letter. Submitted the right letter and waited another 3 months, and now our case appears to be busted and we can’t even call to sort it out! 

I’ve sent a message via the message centre so I guess we’ll wait another month to see what happens. I don’t think I’ve ever been this stressed in my life! 

So sorry. Don't know what else you can do at this point. The whole process, from USCIS to NVC, is totally anxiety-inducing and not being able to call certainly makes it worse.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

7 hours ago, Zan1 said:

This was actually our case at NVC. They reviewed civil docs and forgot about the AoS.

Spoke to a supervisor and they really stated that they might have forgotten about the case since it happened at shift change, once they move a case to the side, the next person may not look at it and it gets "lost".

The sup had to send an email to remind them and it was sorted out the next day

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 hour ago, J@grurtx said:

Hello my patents got DQ, most of documets were submitted on 05/31. One doc submitted on 06/01.

Thank you all.

Congrats and thanks for the update!

Submitted May 30th and just got an RFE to provide evidence of my income but all documents have been accepted. I'm the Petitioner but I work in the UK and attached my tax transcripts for 2019 - 2021 showing no taxable income due to foreign tax credit. (We're using our UK property as an asset).

I think where I went wrong was I put my current income on the I-184 instead of putting 0 because I thought it had to match my gross income reported on my tax transcript. After reading around it looks like it's suppose to match taxable income instead? 

I've just uploaded an updated I-184 as an 'OTHER' additional document with a comment addressing the RFE. Do you guys think this was the best course of action? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 11:16 AM, J@grurtx said:

Hello my patents got DQ, most of documets were submitted on 05/31. One doc submitted on 06/01.

Thank you all.

Did the NVC sent the letter to your parents? When was it sccheduled if any or can u guide me is you know anything about further process

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, pknick said:

Did the NVC sent the letter to your parents? When was it sccheduled if any or can u guide me is you know anything about further process

Actually, we (Sponsor and beneficiary) got email notification about case documentarily Qualified.

Also upon login in to CEAC portal, in message section you can see this update. 

Now further NVC will coordinate with Bombay Consulate for interview date.

Once date will be available they will send Interview letter (IL) (As of now it is taking about 11-12 months).

Till that I need to waiting.

Hi everyone, 

After waiting 75 days, I have got a series of RFE's some of which I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. We started our petition in 2020 but due to COVID we slowed it down until this spring. We live abroad and my wife is a housewife with no income. Despite that they ask for a W-2 or 1099 for year 2020? They are asking the same thing for the joint sponsor (for him we only attached W-2 for 2021), which makes sense, but I don't understand why they ask for one for my wife. Anyone with same experience? 

Also, there was a message about the DS-260 form and says "The petition you have filed does not allow derivative status for family members. This means that any spouse, unmarried child under age 21, or parent will require his or her own petition to immigrate." I think they mention this because I selected "Yes" on the question is wife/child going to immigrate with you to the US? We thought we should answer yes, because we all live abroad and we're all going to move together to the US...however, now I cannot correct that in the DS-260. What could I do? 

The strangest thing, however, was about the police record for Japan (where I lived in the past) which I have attached. The message says: "The police certificate required for JAPAN is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and uploaded before the visa interview. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."  Even though I have attached it and they accepted it, they still mentioned this sentence, a bit odd, don't you think?

Grateful to whom could reply about the W-2 for a housewife and what to do with the DS-260. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ozzac said:

Hi everyone, 

After waiting 75 days, I have got a series of RFE's some of which I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. We started our petition in 2020 but due to COVID we slowed it down until this spring. We live abroad and my wife is a housewife with no income. Despite that they ask for a W-2 or 1099 for year 2020? They are asking the same thing for the joint sponsor (for him we only attached W-2 for 2021), which makes sense, but I don't understand why they ask for one for my wife. Anyone with same experience? 

Also, there was a message about the DS-260 form and says "The petition you have filed does not allow derivative status for family members. This means that any spouse, unmarried child under age 21, or parent will require his or her own petition to immigrate." I think they mention this because I selected "Yes" on the question is wife/child going to immigrate with you to the US? We thought we should answer yes, because we all live abroad and we're all going to move together to the US...however, now I cannot correct that in the DS-260. What could I do? 

The strangest thing, however, was about the police record for Japan (where I lived in the past) which I have attached. The message says: "The police certificate required for JAPAN is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and uploaded before the visa interview. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."  Even though I have attached it and they accepted it, they still mentioned this sentence, a bit odd, don't you think?

Grateful to whom could reply about the W-2 for a housewife and what to do with the DS-260. 

For the W2s, if you don't have them because they don't exist, then statements explaining the facts might suffice (lots of VJ members had the same RFE and did the exact same thing).

You can ask them to re-open the DS-260 for you to update (you can ask via email).

For Japan police certificate, you will need an updated one for the interview, no need to provide one to NVC

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.