Aschenbecher

I-130 May 2022 filers for Parents

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I did not find I-130 May 2022 May Filers for parents so i created one.

I submitted Application for my mom on 1st of May 2022. Got NOA1 on the same day.

Sent to Potomac SC.

Now i just wait.

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Timeline

Thanks for creating this page.

I was looking for something like this and I cant find an appropriate page.

I have filed I-130 for my mom online on May 4th 2022. And was assigned Texas service center. I also received NOA1 on the same day.

Now the waiting game begins.

My mom is currently in the US on a visitor's visa. She is going to return to her home in India in Last week of September.

However I am contemplating on applying for her Adjustment of status after a few months, if she agrees to extend her stay in the US, instead of NVC processing back home.

I am not really sure which way I am going to go from here, I guess it depends on her health and how she copes up with the weather.!

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Hi all,

I also submitted I-130 online on 05/11/2022 and received NOA1 the same day and the was assigned to TX Service Center.

I am Locating in Phoenix, AZ. Now the wait game officially start!

01/30/2012 (day 0) AOS send

02/01/2012 (day 2) delivered

02/06/2012 (day 8) NOA text and email received

02/09/2012 (day 11) NOA hard copy received

02/10/2012 (day 12) Biomatric appointment letter with appointment date 02/28/2012 3:00pm

02/13/2012 (day 15) Walk-in biomatric done in Phoneix (in and out for 20 minutes)

03/12/2012 (day 44) Interview appointment letter for I-485 received with appointment date on 04/17/2012 8:40am

04/02/2012 (day 60) Received text and email update about EAD card in production

04/10/2012 (day 68) EAD card in hand

04/17/2012 (day 75) Interview approved on the spot

04/25/2012 (day 83) Green card in hand with the expiration date 2 years from interview date

Hi everyone,

To save some money, I am filing I-130 form online to sponsor my parents by myself. Hope everyone who has experience could share it with me. I have a couple questions I would like to ask and I thank you in advance for all the helpful tips and insights.

1. I am married and still being married but USCIS asks me to provide a when-did-your-last-marriage date? haha. How do people answer this question? I am supposed we put it empty? See the screenshot 1 below. 

2. How do people answer this question if I have not moved in the last 5 years? My answer should be 07/14/2016-present date but it seems like they want me to put a date. Do I put the filing date as present date?  Please see screenshot 2 for reference below.

I am grateful for all the inputs and any resources you think it would be useful during the filing process. Please share any link and URL if you know any. Thanks.

2.png

1.png

Timeline
On 5/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, Balaji_v said:

My mom is currently in the US on a visitor's visa. She is going to return to her home in India in Last week of September.

However I am contemplating on applying for her Adjustment of status after a few months, if she agrees to extend her stay in the US, instead of NVC processing back home.

I am not really sure which way I am going to go from here, I guess it depends on her health and how she copes up with the weather.!

I advise you to do your research. from what i have read up on i found this online :

If your parent is in the U.S. after having gained legal entry (through a visa or other means), and then later decided to apply for a green card, they are eligible to file an I-485, Petition to Adjust Status, at the same time as the I-130 application. This will lead to immediate processing of the green card, without the need to wait for approval of the I-130. BUT there's an important caution here: Be sure your parent does not or did not use a tourist visa, visa waiver, or some other visa as a way of gaining U.S. entry with the actual goal of adjusting status. That would be a misuse of the visa, and could lead to the green card being denied based on visa fraud.

But glad you are here so we can share our journey.

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Timeline
On 5/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, Martian2049 said:

1. I am married and still being married but USCIS asks me to provide a when-did-your-last-marriage date? haha. How do people answer this question? I am supposed we put it empty? See the screenshot 1 below. 

2. How do people answer this question if I have not moved in the last 5 years? My answer should be 07/14/2016-present date but it seems like they want me to put a date. Do I put the filing date as present date?  Please see screenshot 2 for reference below.

I am grateful for all the inputs and any resources you think it would be useful during the filing process. Please share any link and URL if you know any. Thanks.

For 1. just skip it.

For 2. put the date on which you submit the application. 

I have always managed my full immigration process by myself. But you are responsible for your own application , people on forums can help you but its still your own judgment. If you are still not sure you should consultant a immigration attorney.

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, tan44a7 said:

Hi everyone,

I am about to file a petition for my mother online. 

I have my birth certificate with translation,  and Copy of my Passport.

Do I have to attach my passport photo?

Thank you.

No separate photo .. only the photo /biometrics page of your passport 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Aschenbecher said:

I advise you to do your research. from what i have read up on i found this online :

But glad you are here so we can share our journey.

Yeah I also heard about the 90 day rule which could effect if I apply I-485 also now. But I am not sure if I am going with AOS route yet. I probably will go through the NVC route. But if things change and my mom decides to stay back longer, then I might apply for AOS.

She did not come here on a visitor's visa intending to immigrate or circumvent immigration process, she just came here to visit me and my family and stay for six months.

After she came here, I became naturalized then I decided to apply for her I-130. We did not plan the timing beforehand.

I am glad I get to share this journey with you all in this space. Thank you for that. :)

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Timeline
21 hours ago, tan44a7 said:

Do I have to attach my passport photo?

Thank you.

What for ?  Unless they ask no need.

Also , attach any of your school certificate where her full name is listed. If possible.

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Aschenbecher said:

What for ?  Unless they ask no need.

Also , attach any of your school certificate where her full name is listed. If possible.

Why ? Evidence of relationship is the birth certificate not a school document 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Why ? Evidence of relationship is the birth certificate not a school document 

I should have added. If your birth certificate has anything of that info missing. As mine did not have my name as my parents had not decided what my name would be when the birth certificate was issued.

5/1/2022 - NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 5/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, Balaji_v said:

Thanks for creating this page.

I was looking for something like this and I cant find an appropriate page.

I have filed I-130 for my mom online on May 4th 2022. And was assigned Texas service center. I also received NOA1 on the same day.

Now the waiting game begins.

Hey where did you receive your NOA1 ? My sister in law sent I-130 for her parents and they just charged her card. However, she hasn't received any noa1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.