JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, my approval was August 3rd but I haven’t received my letter yet. I filled out the missing notice request and it says it could take up to 30 days to respond. 
I know there isn’t really anything I can do at this point to make this process go faster but how can I track the application right now? 
I didn’t get an email when the papers got approved so I’m slightly concerned I won’t get notified when the papers get to NVC or get assigned a number required to look it up on CEAC.

23 hours ago, Parisaaa said:

Hi @Scholastic . Our embassy is in Ankara as well and we received our NOA2 on May 25th, still haven’t heard anything at all. I’m thinking it’s the embassy that is taking so long because some of the other people who received their NOA2 at the same time as ours have their interview date scheduled by now. Do you know anyone else whose embassy is in Ankara and they’ve heard anything?

I thought we receive the case number once NVC sends it to the embassy. I didn’t receive any case number yet, so I assume it’s not even at the embassy yet. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know of anyone else whose embassy is Ankara :(

On 8/23/2022 at 4:11 PM, Parisaaa said:

Hi @Scholastic . Our embassy is in Ankara as well and we received our NOA2 on May 25th, still haven’t heard anything at all. I’m thinking it’s the embassy that is taking so long because some of the other people who received their NOA2 at the same time as ours have their interview date scheduled by now. Do you know anyone else whose embassy is in Ankara and they’ve heard anything?

Filled out the inquiry form and received this reply today

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions soon.

So at least I know that they received my application but not sure what “soon” means. Could be hours or months lol

On 8/26/2022 at 7:04 PM, Scholastic said:

Filled out the inquiry form and received this reply today

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions soon.

So at least I know that they received my application but not sure what “soon” means. Could be hours or months lol

Woww that’s great news at least you know they have received your case. When did you send the Inquiry? The last one we sent was first week August and haven’t received any response yet.

10 minutes ago, Parisaaa said:

Woww that’s great news at least you know they have received your case. When did you send the Inquiry? The last one we sent was first week August and haven’t received any response yet.

Also, just found this timeline, https://www.visajourney.com/index.php?showuser=401605 , they got their NOA2 on May 12th and still nothing. This makes me feel better since our cases is still in the normal timeframe based on it.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, Parisaaa said:

Also, just found this timeline, https://www.visajourney.com/index.php?showuser=401605 , they got their NOA2 on May 12th and still nothing. This makes me feel better since our cases is still in the normal timeframe based on it.

That user might have not updated their timeline.. they might already be too busy celebrating 😅

I am at the “NVC Receive” step of the timeline and also this past weekend finally received my NVC case number. Checking it on the CEAC site it says “At NVC

18 hours ago, Scholastic said:

That user might have not updated their timeline.. they might already be too busy celebrating 😅

I am at the “NVC Receive” step of the timeline and also this past weekend finally received my NVC case number. Checking it on the CEAC site it says “At NVC

Woww you got really lucky. Hope everything moves smoothly for you.Can I ask when did you send the last inquiry to NVC?

16 hours ago, Parisaaa said:

Woww you got really lucky. Hope everything moves smoothly for you.Can I ask when did you send the last inquiry to NVC?

Last I sent was on August 18. And I received a reply to my inquiry on August 26. 
Based on the meaning of the NVC case number, I found that the case number was created on August 22. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Finally received the coveted "in transit" email from NVC yesterday. NOA2 was 5/18 so it took quite a while. Looking forward to the next steps and to finally being done with all this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey all! My partner had his interview today and we were approved! Now waiting for his visa to be ready and then he will be on his way 😊 the wait to get here feels so hard and long, but it is SO worth it when you get to this point. I’m feeling thankful, grateful and so excited. I’m wishing this same moment for each of you soon 💛

30 minutes ago, Claire.MC23 said:

Hey all! My partner had his interview today and we were approved! Now waiting for his visa to be ready and then he will be on his way 😊 the wait to get here feels so hard and long, but it is SO worth it when you get to this point. I’m feeling thankful, grateful and so excited. I’m wishing this same moment for each of you soon 💛

Congratulations 🎉 so happy for you and your partner.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.