J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Matthew Tarrant said:

Absolutely mate, almost feel guilty for being approved so early. 

were all in the que together brother...  happy you got yur NOA2.. that means for me its one step closer to us... congrats an looking forward to expanding this thread to the next steps for us May filers... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, AshiC said:

Our case was approved today

NOA1 - 05/10/22

NOA2 - 05/25/23

Hang in there everyone and wishing everyone (including ones in earlier months) to be approved soon. 

•  

Nice!!!! Congratulations! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, Lynxyonok said:

Just a reminder that USCIS has been expanding their approval / action ranges to the widths unseen before.

Yes, there was a case from May 11th approved in the past 48 hours.

And there was a case from September 13th, 2021, that received an RFE in the past 48 hours as well (WAC2190135252, if anyone would like to verify...)

This means that a 12-month-old case has the same chance of being acted upon as an 18-month-old one.

Overall, my earlier theory of easier cases being processed sooner than later does seem to hold true. Because 2021 ones are now getting mostly denied, but not always.

Stay patient, my friends.

Stay lucky.

I have the same speculation as well. the more complex an application is , the more likely it gets taken to the back burner. its a human nature. nobody likes to work hard. moral of this is, make your application short and sweet, dont make it convoluted. For future K1 filers.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It can take up to six weeks for an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to arrive at the National Visa Center (NVC). Once we receive it, we will enter your petition into the U.S. Department of State's database systems.

For current processing times, please visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English and https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your approved petition was sent to NVC later than the listed processing times, you do not need to take any action.

If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

·           In the subject line of your email, please type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

·           If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition

·           Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved and sent to NVC.  If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is not an approval, contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at https://uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

can someone explain this to me in layman´s term?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh man! The face one makes when a case just one number ahead of theirs gets approved.

At the last moment on Friday, too.

That's me right now :D #cliffhangerweekend

Edited by Lynxyonok

Timeline

What a day.

USCIS touched pretty much every week in May today, sending hopes sky-high by mid-morning and numbing a few hearts by late afternoon as approvals rolled towards May 19th and beyond, but only for very select few.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

What a day.

USCIS touched pretty much every week in May today, sending hopes sky-high by mid-morning and numbing a few hearts by late afternoon as approvals rolled towards May 19th and beyond, but only for very select few.

yea add the long weekend to that statement an you'v got a complete picture.. when USCIS processed after our date we were intially confused then thought it was the way the packets were distributed amongst the agents.. Now were a little baffled an on the edge of our seats everyday checking..

So hang in there people were so close... Man are we close... 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Roy an Panitta said:

yea add the long weekend to that statement an you'v got a complete picture.. when USCIS processed after our date we were intially confused then thought it was the way the packets were distributed amongst the agents.. Now were a little baffled an on the edge of our seats everyday checking..

So hang in there people were so close... Man are we close... 

It was so mesmerizing.

Around 11 eastern (CSC opening timeframes), May 13th started to get touched. Around 2pm, Telegram chats reported May 16th. By business end, May 19th filers were speaking up on Facebook and whatnot.

It's like a fine toothcomb went through the pile, carefully plucking every 8th case or so.

The last time I was so on edge was during the last presidential election.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Of course I'm in 80500-81000 with 9 approvals in the past week and the groups around me are at 20-40... sigh... hope you all hear back soon!

Still scanning every day: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NMUjX2wtjfAT8p8MesJ1k-ThuO5ddH-rqNd_85GZbbo/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
27 minutes ago, fushi said:

Of course I'm in 80500-81000 with 9 approvals in the past week and the groups around me are at 20-40... sigh... hope you all hear back soon!

Still scanning every day: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NMUjX2wtjfAT8p8MesJ1k-ThuO5ddH-rqNd_85GZbbo/edit?usp=sharing

We will prevail, outlast, and succeed.

And one day we are all going to meet in NYC and toast to the fact that we made it. And we will make it so much further.

Mic drop.

Timeline

Were in the  80000 TO 80500 block.. the way its looking based on the spread sheet my fiance has made were expecting sometime with the next 10 days (hopefully.. praying... an more praying...)  She has noticed that the USCIS will post on the Case Update page usally the day after the decision has been made. She will check a case number on tue an wthe status will be the same an then on wed she'll check again an the case will be approved with tue's date then she updates the status..  So we hav a running xcell sheet with the case numbers listed an their current status so we can whats going on..kinda like yours just limited to one field. 

So were hanging in their.. excited, disappointed, giddy, an well just a slew of emotions.. Man were so close... 

3 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

Were in the  80000 TO 80500 block.. the way its looking based on the spread sheet my fiance has made were expecting sometime with the next 10 days (hopefully.. praying... an more praying...)  She has noticed that the USCIS will post on the Case Update page usally the day after the decision has been made. She will check a case number on tue an wthe status will be the same an then on wed she'll check again an the case will be approved with tue's date then she updates the status..  So we hav a running xcell sheet with the case numbers listed an their current status so we can whats going on..kinda like yours just limited to one field. 

So were hanging in their.. excited, disappointed, giddy, an well just a slew of emotions.. Man were so close... 

For your own sanity, please don't pin it down to a week if possible. Most of us should hear from them by end of July. I feel like that is a good thing already considering most of us expected processing to take longer than 14 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.