J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello...Welcome!

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together.

Stay patient because this is a long process currently running 11-13 months for your NOA2 or petition approval by USCIS (first stage). Then your petition will be sent to NVC (second stage) and finally your interview at the embassy (third stage).  Also, do not compare yourself to others....Some will receive NOA-2 faster than others, some will be stuck at NVC for longer and then finally some will receive interviews fairly quickly at embassy. STAY PATIENT! 

Please create the timeline in your profile. Also note that USCIS goes by "Received date" :

Example

I-129 F Sent -  May 2, 2022

I-129 F Received - May 5, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 F - Notice Date - May 9, 2022

In this example your NOA-1 should be May 5. This will help you fill out your timeline properly. 

readingForm.png

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Glad i found this thread with my month of May 2022. 

Hello everybody i

filed my I-129 F 05- 09- 2022

received 05- 10- 2022 (shipped fed ex an signed day)

NOA 1 on 05- 13- 2022

My fiance is currently living in BangSon Bangkok an I'm in South Florida. 

We are patiently waiting with a million questions.. 😄

Edited by Roy an Panitta

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,
we got our NOA1 on May 3rd and also on this journey. I hope USCIS lives up to their promise to speed up eventually.
Just checked the historic processing times which were really good.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The July of 23 timeline as posted by USCIS hopefully will get better when they add more agents in Jan 23. but even if they dont we are almost over the hump an half way their.. im planning another visit to Thailand this coming Jan for 45 days.. we planning a family vacation an gonna start getting our interview documents together an start planning for that event.. 

Timeline

I am sure you can't wait to see your partner in person. That's the best thing to do. We are going to meet each other in Canada. I am curious about this July 23 timeline. Where did they post it?
I just found the interview between the USCIS director and the ombudsman of Congress. Thanks for any hint.

Edited by Eddie101

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thought I'd chime in as a May 2022 filer myself. Well, a March 2022 one, who could have guessed those barcodes at the bottom of the form mattered... an omission worth 4 extra months of waiting. That, and not signing the backs of mutual photographs with date and place. Hi, RFE :)

And what are your most "should have done it" moments? :)

Timeline
Just now, kxp said:

Twiddling my thumbs impatiently.  Should have been halfway to NOA2 this month... Instead the timeline has been stretched into August. 😢  At this rate, I don't know if we'll be having a wedding before 2024.  😔

Probably not.

I'd suggest trying to establish meeting points with the beneficiary every 6 months just to keep the relationship alive. I've had to myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

On a positive note, there haven't been any meaningful delays in estimated approval timeframes over the past few weeks or so. I mean, a day of delay over the course a month in October is better than over a week of extra delay accumulated back in August.

Stay strong, we've got this :)

Timeline

I think one milestone will be when they start with fiscal year 2023 petitions. They are close following the threads here.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

I think one milestone will be when they start with fiscal year 2023 petitions. They are close following the threads here.

About 2 - 2 1/2 weeks away. Say, December 12th.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

About 2 - 2 1/2 weeks away. Say, December 12th.

I believe the last i saw in Oct on VJ they were processing Sept of 2022 just seeing that was nice.. the USCIS timeline site is still showing 15 months which would put us into the begining of Aug 2023

im useing this time waiting to try an get to understand/know the process after the NOA2.. getting info for my fiance to get her ready for the interview on BKK.. getting all the Doc's organised an all.. Sometimes it seems every time i read a new flow chart i find that i have more questions then when i started.. I found a PDF Tips, tricks, an hacks the "NOA2 to NVC To Embassy"  an it has been a great resource an also the USCIS has a great download that is Thailand specific. 

I'll be heading to Thailand for 60 day's on the 27th of Dec so I get to bring in the new year with my love.. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Roy an Panitta said:

I believe the last i saw in Oct on VJ they were processing Sept of 2022 just seeing that was nice.. the USCIS timeline site is still showing 15 months which would put us into the begining of Aug 2023

im useing this time waiting to try an get to understand/know the process after the NOA2.. getting info for my fiance to get her ready for the interview on BKK.. getting all the Doc's organised an all.. Sometimes it seems every time i read a new flow chart i find that i have more questions then when i started.. I found a PDF Tips, tricks, an hacks the "NOA2 to NVC To Embassy"  an it has been a great resource an also the USCIS has a great download that is Thailand specific. 

I'll be heading to Thailand for 60 day's on the 27th of Dec so I get to bring in the new year with my love.. 

Well, now that processing times are up to 15.5 months (hey, new high!), we might as well start making acquaintances among only ourselves, petitioners ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.