podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Basit had his interview today and they put him in 221g and took his passport. I have no idea why cause we didn't have any missing documents. I feel like he did it just cause he felt like it. Basit said he didn't even ask any questions about me. He asked do you have a job? Who supports you? Is this your wife's second marriage? And took my divorce papers and typed something in the computer then handed him 221g. I'm beyond pissed. I was outside the embassy waiting for three hours for Basit. 

I thought AP is pretty typical for Pakistani embassy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Basit had his interview today and they put him in 221g and took his passport. I have no idea why cause we didn't have any missing documents. I feel like he did it just cause he felt like it. Basit said he didn't even ask any questions about me. He asked do you have a job? Who supports you? Is this your wife's second marriage? And took my divorce papers and typed something in the computer then handed him 221g. I'm beyond pissed. I was outside the embassy waiting for three hours for Basit. 

Don't worry it's sad and frustrating but if they have passport sooner or later when they satisfied with whatever they want God knows what? They'll issue IA, especially with male ISl embassy is very bad 😔 and unrealistic. All prayers for you guys don't loose hope.🙏🏽

Timeline
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 3:04 PM, podeena said:

Don't worry it's sad and frustrating but if they have passport sooner or later when they satisfied with whatever they want God knows what? They'll issue IA, especially with male ISl embassy is very bad 😔 and unrealistic. All prayers for you guys don't loose hope.🙏🏽

@BasitFionaAliIs your 221g paper said anything on it they didn't mark any reason why they are giving that and what they need they usually ask.🤔

Edited by podeena

Seeing Basit's Comments is giving me Severe Anxiety- This whole Visa process has already put my beautiful Happy Marriage in a very Rocky situation- This is very very unfair for a 3rd party to decide if two people can live together or not- I severe ... This distance is already causing a lot of misunderstanding and fights between me and my wife- @podeena You recently went through this whole process- Any advise? 

P.s. @podeena Did they also put you in 221g?

I cant afford to wait another year or Im pretty sure me and my wife will be done for only because of this whole waiting process.

Please Help- IR-1 Case- Dq 28 Nov 22- At the time I completed and submitted Ds-260 my job ended and I was not working anywhere so I entered unemployed and added my past working company information - then 2 months later I found another job and it ended 2 months ago- I also travelled to Dubai after submitting Ds-260. These 2 pieses of information are missing from my original Form. What needs to be done or if anything needs to be done on my end? I would really appreciate the insights

Timeline
7 hours ago, Malixali said:

Please Help- IR-1 Case- Dq 28 Nov 22- At the time I completed and submitted Ds-260 my job ended and I was not working anywhere so I entered unemployed and added my past working company information - then 2 months later I found another job and it ended 2 months ago- I also travelled to Dubai after submitting Ds-260. These 2 pieses of information are missing from my original Form. What needs to be done or if anything needs to be done on my end? I would really appreciate the insights

U can't change or refill DS 260 but for jobs u should update AOS form with recent info, tax return and W2 paystubs and employer letter to satisfy them that u can sponsor ur spouse and if you need joint sponsor for any reason you need their updated form too very important and then upload all this form on ceac and in travel history mentioned ur Dubai info and boarding pass and if necessary get police certificate from there if u lived there. If anyone else also can share their thoughts please do so . Good luck 🤞 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Malixali said:

Seeing Basit's Comments is giving me Severe Anxiety- This whole Visa process has already put my beautiful Happy Marriage in a very Rocky situation- This is very very unfair for a 3rd party to decide if two people can live together or not- I severe ... This distance is already causing a lot of misunderstanding and fights between me and my wife- @podeena You recently went through this whole process- Any advise? 

I cant afford to wait another year or Im pretty sure me and my wife will be done for only because of this whole waiting process.

Just remember ur relationship is more important than visa that's all we waited almost 5 years to be together with this cruel system many ups and downs but stick together for the best and for the love one day and soon u will be together IA.

7 minutes ago, podeena said:

U can't change or refill DS 260 but for jobs u should update AOS form with recent info, tax return and W2 paystubs and employer letter to satisfy them that u can sponsor ur spouse and if you need joint sponsor for any reason you need their updated form too very important and then upload all this form on ceac and in travel history mentioned ur Dubai info and boarding pass and if necessary get police certificate from there if u lived there. If anyone else also can share their thoughts please do so . Good luck 🤞 

I hope everyone gets their visa and families are reunited. 

as a petitioner or even applicant, you have to submit travel proof if you’ve traveled during this time? For instance, my husband and I went to dubai for honeymoon and also we did umrah a few months ago so are we suppose to submit documentation for that as well? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Malixali said:

And no we didn't get 221 G, but we got approved and didn't get visa they just kept our passport for months it was unusual and horrible for us but prayers and love and support keep us together don't loose ur hope this journey is not easy only those can feel who are in it we were on brim so many times to leave all that but thank God this painful immigration journey is done. Just sharing to give you hope not to scared u not everyone have trouble.Good luck. 🤞 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Zkhan said:

I hope everyone gets their visa and families are reunited. 

as a petitioner or even applicant, you have to submit travel proof if you’ve traveled during this time? For instance, my husband and I went to dubai for honeymoon and also we did umrah a few months ago so are we suppose to submit documentation for that as well? 

Yes, good to load and take copies of that on interview that can save u AP I hope.🙏🏽

Timeline
2 hours ago, Zkhan said:

Unfortunately, not yet. It sucks because I’m about to deliver my second baby without my husband .

Don't stress at this point it will happen IA soon  Good luck with your delivery.🤞

Timeline
18 hours ago, podeena said:

@BasitFionaAliIs your 221g paper said anything on it they didn't mark any reason why they are giving that and what they need they usually ask.🤔

Nope they only marked administrative processing. We are not missing any documents and they don't want any documents from us. That's why I'm saying the consular officer just put us in 221g cause he felt like it 😭

Timeline
11 hours ago, Malixali said:

Instead of breaking up, I'd do a plan B. Basits and I's plan B was living in Dubai together. Now we are discussing Mexico, until the process is finished. I don't think IR1 can be refused .... Does anyone on here know of IR1 can be refused? I've been hearing they can only delay it but they can't refuse it. Having a plan B option for your marriage is good tho. Don't divorce just cause of our stupid governments, especially if you two love each other. If you guys need any support, message us on Facebook. Basits best friend is also married to an American and going through the same process and we went on double dates here in Pakistan :) she is flying here again in two weeks and we will go on double dates again 😂 you are not alone in this horrible journey!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.