podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, void04 said:

1. I'm not sure about how it will affect. Since I can't answer with certainty, I'll remain silent on this point.

2. Your wife's birth certificate should be good enough to prove a relation between her and her mother. Your mother in law doesn't need a license necessarily, but a state ID card can also help. If she doesn't have that then I'd recommend for her to get one. If she has an American passport that might suffice, but I'd still strongly recommend the state ID option.

Thanks for the Answer.

But How would state ID still proof the relationship between the Mother and the Daughter? Wouldn't state ID only proof my MIL to be a citizen and living at a certain address? She also has Nadra POC and American Passport. Any insights would be appreciated.

On 4/22/2024 at 4:50 AM, Malixali said:

Thanks for the Answer.

But How would state ID still proof the relationship between the Mother and the Daughter? Wouldn't state ID only proof my MIL to be a citizen and living at a certain address? She also has Nadra POC and American Passport. Any insights would be appreciated.

Correct, state ID helps establish residence in the US. 

Your wife and her mother's relationship can be established with your wife's birth certificate. The birth certificate of your wife should have the name of your mother in law (who I assume is her birth mother) on it.

57 minutes ago, void04 said:

Correct, state ID helps establish residence in the US. 

Your wife and her mother's relationship can be established with your wife's birth certificate. The birth certificate of your wife should have the name of your mother in law (who I assume is her birth mother) on it.

Thanks alot for the help.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:21 AM, Tojoclan2021 said:

IR1, CR1, IR5

DQ: 23 NOV 2022

ID: 11 JUNE 2024

My husbands IR1 Case DQ date is November 22nd 2022 but I have yet to receive any updates which has got me worried. Does anyone know why this May differ for people when some people already got their interview letters ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Zkhan said:

My husbands IR1 Case DQ date is November 22nd 2022 but I have yet to receive any updates which has got me worried. Does anyone know why this May differ for people when some people already got their interview letters ?

I have same DQ date and did not receive IL yet. 

1 hour ago, Zkhan said:

I do not have an answer for that. My wife’s IR1 DQ date is December 22nd 2022. Only thing I can say is do not think negative and stay positive. InshaAllah soon you should be getting an interview date any day next month or even tomorrow! 

13 minutes ago, Tojoclan2021 said:

I do not have an answer for that. My wife’s IR1 DQ date is December 22nd 2022. Only thing I can say is do not think negative and stay positive. InshaAllah soon you should be getting an interview date any day next month or even tomorrow! 

Thank you for the kind words, In Shaa Allah 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zkhan said:

I wonder if it varies based on priority date as well?! I hope we get our letters this week In Shaa Allah 

No it's not by PD it's only DQ which counts IA u will get soon.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zkhan said:

With ISl embassy no clue what so ever don't be worried IA soon let's know when you get it for the members here.thx

Timeline

Basit had his interview today and they put him in 221g and took his passport. I have no idea why cause we didn't have any missing documents. I feel like he did it just cause he felt like it. Basit said he didn't even ask any questions about me. He asked do you have a job? Who supports you? Is this your wife's second marriage? And took my divorce papers and typed something in the computer then handed him 221g. I'm beyond pissed. I was outside the embassy waiting for three hours for Basit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.