podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,589 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 12/4/2023 at 11:16 PM, Kuchiki said:

First of all I am extremely sorry to hear that you had to go through all this. If your wife does not show up to the interview, her case would be sent back to the NVC and then to the USCIS i believe and will be considered as closed after a while. If you choose to marry again in Pakistan, you would have to go through the same process again and would not be given any concessions or expedites unless there's a genuine reason like medical issues faced by you etc. Your current story would not help you in expediting your future immigration case. 

Lastly, all of us here have been waiting for a long time to be reunited with our respective spouses. I personally have been waiting since June 2019. More than 4 years now soon to be 5. Still no interview in sight for us. It's been incredibly difficult, emotionally, physically and mentally for me and my partner. However, we persevered and decided to wait patiently and leave matters in the hand of ALLAH. Long distance relationship is hard and is definitely not for the faint-hearted individuals. It truly tests the couple's commitment and faith towards the relationship. The fact that your spouse and her family chose to end the marriage solely on the basis of long wait times seems selfish and greedy. Remember we want to be with our spouses for long term companionship and not for immigration benefits. Sounds like they decided to end the marriage because their daughter could not quickly get her immigration. Again very selfish. 

I hope you find a better partner in the future who truly cares for you and would want to wait to be reunited with you no matter what the circumstances are. Sending positive vibes your way.

This is very long duration for a long distance. Any tips for making it easy? How often do you visit?

I married few month back knowing and expecting that immigration will take roughly 3 years. My spouse is already stressing out out due to long distance. How do I make it easy for both of us?

Timeline
1 hour ago, WonderingRobort said:

This is very long duration for a long distance. Any tips for making it easy? How often do you visit?

I married few month back knowing and expecting that immigration will take roughly 3 years. My spouse is already stressing out out due to long distance. How do I make it easy for both of us?

To make the long-distance easier, make sure you visit your spouse each year  for whatever duration possible, could be a month or even 3 weeks. Doesnt really matter as long as you visit them each year and spend quality time with them. 

Secondly, communication is key. Communicate every single day with your spouse either through facetime or voice calls. In long-distance, its easier to miscommunicate which can result in arguments and what not. Make sure you and your spouse put your ego aside and never go to sleep without sorting out the miscommunication otherwise it will cause drift in the relationship since you're not physically together.  This is key to ensuring emotional stability in a relationship.

Last but not least, being spiritual really helps with the mental aspect of immigration process. Keeping faith in God that everything will work out perfectly in the end and that God is the best of planners really helps with easing anxiety/stress associated with this process. Also as a couple you guys should keep yourself busy with work, hobbies etc so that time passes quicker. 

Best of luck for your immigration journey.

Timeline
Just now, podeena said:

@Zs10102 how was your interview give us some good news 🙏🏽 and @Shabaz hope for the best for interview let us know the outcome for members here Good luck. Thx 

Alhumdulilah, just my parents told me they both are approved!

Interview was super super easy, just asked 3 questions 

whats your son name?

where he lives?

what he does?

Thanks for everybody help!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shabaz said:

Alhumdulilah, just my parents told me they both are approved!

Interview was super super easy, just asked 3 questions 

whats your son name?

where he lives?

what he does?

Thanks for everybody help!

Congratulations 👏🎉

Timeline
34 minutes ago, podeena said:

Congratulations 👏🎉

Thanks!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

11 minutes ago, Raja007 said:

Thank you brother been waiting for this for a loooooooooong time lol

Ok every one i have received the interview letter for my wife just now the date is Jan 5 2024. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their interview letters. Secondly wanted to ask that the interview email just say that print out and take it to the embassy but their is not barcode at the bottom at my time the interview email use to have barcodes secondly it doesn't has a link to the approved site for.medical centers if any one can help in this regard. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Raja007 said:

Ok every one i have received the interview letter for my wife just now the date is Jan 5 2024. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their interview letters. Secondly wanted to ask that the interview email just say that print out and take it to the embassy but their is not barcode at the bottom at my time the interview email use to have barcodes secondly it doesn't has a link to the approved site for.medical centers if any one can help in this regard. Thanks 

yes just print that out and give to your wife and she will need to send to medical and take with her to embassy as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Raja007 said:

I believe there's no bar code just print that and according to where your wife reside the medical center is on website of ISl embassy. Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.