podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

hello everyone, its been a while since i checked up on interviews. Looks like progress has been made for many. Congrats.

Unfortunately, it seems my wife has decided to not go to interview and infact wanting to end marriage as well. So over 3+yrs of wait, all the efforts, seems to go down the drain. I am going to blame the lengthy visa process for this breakup. The family of wife was TIRED of waiting so long and felt they couldn't wait any longer and relationship strained with them deciding to end the marriage.

My wife interview is this week. If she doesn't show up? what happens? anyone know.. 

Also is it possible that i can contact NVC n tell them my story and request that they give me some break. Like if i want to marry someone else from PK. That i dont have to wait another 3-4 yrs like last time.. is there room for this? i can no longer wait 3yrs to start family. My father is devastated by this.. we are heart broken, we did all we can from our end but this lengthy process was eating up wife's family as they had their relatives made their lives living hell n filled ears of distrust and its looks like its over.. 

Any advice for me, can i request NVC, will they give me a chance n speed up my case for my future wife. It will be very difficult for me to marry in USA now given now after having to wait 4 yrs, i'll be 40yr old n it's difficult to find good god fearing girls in USA.. Its why we opted for PK. It is unfair, being a US citizen i had to wait this long.. i don't wanna say my life is ruined because i have faith in God n losing hope is a sin. It's just, i feel like i've been robbed by this crazy process to get my wife to be with me to start life. I hope no one goes through what i been through for last few years.

Thanks,

Timeline
32 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

hello everyone, its been a while since i checked up on interviews. Looks like progress has been made for many. Congrats.

Unfortunately, it seems my wife has decided to not go to interview and infact wanting to end marriage as well. So over 3+yrs of wait, all the efforts, seems to go down the drain. I am going to blame the lengthy visa process for this breakup. The family of wife was TIRED of waiting so long and felt they couldn't wait any longer and relationship strained with them deciding to end the marriage.

My wife interview is this week. If she doesn't show up? what happens? anyone know.. 

Also is it possible that i can contact NVC n tell them my story and request that they give me some break. Like if i want to marry someone else from PK. That i dont have to wait another 3-4 yrs like last time.. is there room for this? i can no longer wait 3yrs to start family. My father is devastated by this.. we are heart broken, we did all we can from our end but this lengthy process was eating up wife's family as they had their relatives made their lives living hell n filled ears of distrust and its looks like its over.. 

Any advice for me, can i request NVC, will they give me a chance n speed up my case for my future wife. It will be very difficult for me to marry in USA now given now after having to wait 4 yrs, i'll be 40yr old n it's difficult to find good god fearing girls in USA.. Its why we opted for PK. It is unfair, being a US citizen i had to wait this long.. i don't wanna say my life is ruined because i have faith in God n losing hope is a sin. It's just, i feel like i've been robbed by this crazy process to get my wife to be with me to start life. I hope no one goes through what i been through for last few years.

Thanks,

First of all I am extremely sorry to hear that you had to go through all this. If your wife does not show up to the interview, her case would be sent back to the NVC and then to the USCIS i believe and will be considered as closed after a while. If you choose to marry again in Pakistan, you would have to go through the same process again and would not be given any concessions or expedites unless there's a genuine reason like medical issues faced by you etc. Your current story would not help you in expediting your future immigration case. 

Lastly, all of us here have been waiting for a long time to be reunited with our respective spouses. I personally have been waiting since June 2019. More than 4 years now soon to be 5. Still no interview in sight for us. It's been incredibly difficult, emotionally, physically and mentally for me and my partner. However, we persevered and decided to wait patiently and leave matters in the hand of ALLAH. Long distance relationship is hard and is definitely not for the faint-hearted individuals. It truly tests the couple's commitment and faith towards the relationship. The fact that your spouse and her family chose to end the marriage solely on the basis of long wait times seems selfish and greedy. Remember we want to be with our spouses for long term companionship and not for immigration benefits. Sounds like they decided to end the marriage because their daughter could not quickly get her immigration. Again very selfish. 

I hope you find a better partner in the future who truly cares for you and would want to wait to be reunited with you no matter what the circumstances are. Sending positive vibes your way.

thx for the positive vibes, ahh its not that they were greedy. Actually, wife was young and immature. So her cousin filled her head with was-was and turned her against me in order to seduce her n she fell for it. So they both plotted to run away.. This girl was so innocent n sweet in 3 yrs ago, but social media n crazy pk soap operas on affairs/divorce topic just groomed her into this selfish person over yrs. She was a selfless person but i guess, people can change w/ time. It's a test from Allah indeed...so i wouldn't say they were greedy.. its just they felt like i abandoned her.. So young people these days, have no patience, this is the tiktok generation being groomed to swipe to the next video n next video... so to them now human relationships are like that tiktok video, if not fulfilling enuff, swipe n move to the next one.. n next one.. Patience is no more..   So, deep down i can understand whats happening.. all we can do is watch it happen, you cant force someone to change or make them understand things.. in end one has to accept the fate n carry on, despite the wounds. 

I am only child of elderly parents, whose only dream left was to see me married n play with grandkids. I did all i could, patiently waited n waited only to see her slip further away from me..  Its a test for us all. May Allah accept our efforts.

Edited by DoodBoy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@Kuchiki and @DoodBoy yes I agree with both of you this is a horrible and painful immigration journey and only God can keep us together if we're right for each other but if our foundation of marriage is not good then this horrible journey ends the relationship off course we were married and were waiting since 2019 and so many times it's look like we are done but then with faith and trust we now end up together after almost 5 years and yes marriage should be for relationship not for USA but long distance is always hard and needs patience especially in ISL EMBASSY. And very sad to hear your case but we some time don't know the other side of the situation so God forgive us for our wrong doing if we did some injustice with someone.  For your question to file yes you have to do it all over again same especially in Pakistan same waiting game.😔 So think twice B4 making decision.Good luck.

@DoodBoy im very sorry to hear about your  loss. you have to email the embassy or because nvc won't be help since your case is now in embassy. and let them know she wil not ne attending the interview and thst you would like to withdraw the case. no in islamabad embassy your case will still take as long as this one is. this is how my situation ended in the first marriage with wjat you just went through. i found a much better wife who with me and waited long time. we are finally happy together. she is also young but mature and happy. also to tell you the truth her relatives almost did the same thing with my current wife about the immigration process but her parents were the one who manage to ignore them and be patience with us. otherwise i would have been in another situation like that. 

@Machinecorpse62  hey congrats on uniting with the 2nd one. So you saying, you went through a breakup of marriage having waited 4 yrs n then remarried in PK and waited another 4 yrs? meaning you waited around 7-8 yrs to get 2nd wife from PK into USA? that is some mighty patience you have, if thats the case.

For me, no point going back to PK, its a mess, hard to trust people when our own khaala's daughter can do this to us so imagine others.   

So, i have no choice left but to go in streets of new york n look for a niqabi/hijaabi n approach them respectfully for their wali's number ( they are usually bengalis n arabs)...its tough likely 90% rejection rate but its whats left. To find a diamond one has to go thru dirt. Whatever is written, shall come to pass. Otherday at tacobell, i come across a pkstani girl she seemed attractive but the way she was dressed (spandex) i was like, ahh No, thats a redflag. Living in US, its takes courage for women to dress modest n not expose themselves so cheaply like i see many here. Even the hijabis with tight jeans? social justice warriors/feminist/male friends, high5iving etc... So many redflags, very hard to find a good lady these days. So niqabis are my first choice.. Someone who fears their lord n has some hawa left in them.. any woman who listens to the likes of farhat hashmi, is a jannati woman, a treasure to be had. So its a lil tough to find these gems/pearls.

Edited by DoodBoy

Timeline
20 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

Thanks,

Immigration is a painful journey and one can't reach its shores till you have shoes of patience on. Secondly like many others here have been waiting for years to be together with their spouses. The key here to keep Intact the relationship you could have visited her more often even though I know it's difficult but some times you have to swallow a bad tasting tablet knowing it's benefits outweighs it's taste. I started my wife case in 2020 and still waiting for her interview now what I did was leave my very well paying job and went Pakistan in 2021 and stayed there till October 2023 now am back again in states obviously not every one can do it but for me most important was to keep intact my marriage. But hopefully you will find a good woman. The best place to find a good woman is in the mosque in your area. Because normally Pakistani & other muslim communities often gather at jummah prayers just a suggestion might work for you. Good luck

Edited by Capital Z

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Yes, i understand but we were in contact daily thru chat n hourly calls on weekends. I didn't hold back, she was young n immature (in begining i felt i married a 10 yr old) but then i realized look we commited,she is innocent, ill teach her everything.. i became her fast-friend altho my cuzins warned me NOT to get too friendly, keep some reserveness)my view was, that she is gonna leave all her family behind to new world, i wanted to put her at ease n gave her all the love n attention. We would sometimes even talk for hours on weekend.

SO what changed is when i asked her to become a lil responsible, now that she is married, to not stay late till 5-6am daily watching tiktok n being online, its unhealthy n just not a healthy lifestyle.I even asked inlaws the same but this was their ''daily routine'' n they got offended for me trying to suggest something healthy.. her mom would constantly put up sad/sarcastic urdu quotes on whatsapp, so her relatives can be guilty, her young daughter did same n just so strange. I would ask MIL to stop this negative behavior cuz its effecting my young wife, who is copying her n broadcasting sad n hurtful status msgs, giving people wrong impressions.. .. if they have any problems, tell me, i would solve em all.. but nope.. they didnt listen n continued.. they loved watching turkish soap operas with all the ''fake love''romanticism teaching girls that one day romeo will bump into them n life is better with finding LOVE.. n pkstani dramas injecting poision as well with affairs n divorces being normalized n all heroin characters are negative lately(feministic).. so the middle class women have nothing to do but watch n absorb these toxic material which i feel is starting to effect their minds and actions

ANyways, sorry i got into rant mode, anytime i reminded of them, i lose track of things.. 

you took a big risk leaving your job to stay in PK. I mean hindsight, i didn't know things would go this bad specially i did nothing wrong to be blocked n ignored for last 2+yrs i dunno what got into her, who was influencing her, she became a different person.. anyways, Allah saved me from a bad woman. I take it positively. Everyone goes through tests in life, so this was mine.

It is all good, alhamdulilah, everything happens for a good reason. I am satisfied w/ my life i did the best i could n put my trust in Allah to do the rest. So Destiny is written, we just have to play our part n make sure to do the right things, results in his hands.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Raja007 said:

Hey everyone any updates when are new interview letters coming and what DQ dates will be covered.

I heard 26 Jan 2022 to 17 Feb 2022 dq are covered  if someone else knows differently please share.thx

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yassir a said:

Ya I heard till April 2022

Or some one I know got interview call their Dq was in April 2022

WOW that's wonderful news for ISL EMBASSY who were not moving for a long time I think lots of lawsuits working.🤞👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.