podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,598 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, harimirch said:

Did you check on the NVC status page? If they gave your wife that her visa is approved you should get the passport in less than a week. 

It has never been less than a week i dont where you got that from. It always takes 2-3 weeks, 1 week is impossiblr never happened before

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Zs10102 said:

It has never been less than a week i dont where you got that from. It always takes 2-3 weeks, 1 week is impossiblr never happened before

It actually happened to me back in 2016. I got my visa within a week after the interview. I dont know if its a norm or I just happened to be lucky but mostly it does take between 1 to 4 weeks.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

19 minutes ago, Capital Z said:

It actually happened to me back in 2016. I got my visa within a week after the interview. I dont know if its a norm or I just happened to be lucky but mostly it does take between 1 to 4 weeks.

Out of the 30 people i know in real life that came to USA from pakistan it took them all 2-3 weeks but yah i guess in 2016 it was different.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zs10102 said:

Out of the 30 people i know in real life that came to USA from pakistan it took them all 2-3 weeks but yah i guess in 2016 it was different.

You both are right but yes some people are just lucky in this painful journey of immigration I know my relative's sister just had her interview on July 5 and got her passport on 10 July  and her brother with same ir1 category waiting for his passport since 4 months so what you call it 🤔 we can just pray 🙏🏽🤞

Timeline

Hi @podeena I'm having a similar situation - my husband had his interview in March and he still hasn't gotten his passport. After they interview they gave him a "congratulations" paper so we assumed we'll get the passport back in time. We still haven't 4 months later and his medical will expire at the end of August....when we inquire - the email from ISL says "your case is awaiting counselor review." Is that the same as AP?? 

12 minutes ago, zeerabiscuit said:

Hi @podeena I'm having a similar situation - my husband had his interview in March and he still hasn't gotten his passport. After they interview they gave him a "congratulations" paper so we assumed we'll get the passport back in time. We still haven't 4 months later and his medical will expire at the end of August....when we inquire - the email from ISL says "your case is awaiting counselor review." Is that the same as AP?? 

What does your husbands case say on CEAC? it seems like its in AP, sad truth is many men end up in AP while many women dont end up in AP because embassy knows 90% of pakistans females stay at home and dont have much of a background to check while men do. My sister husband had his interview in 2022 April 27 and they gave him 221g form basically he failed and than responded to him on 2023 March and told him we are reviewing your case and than in May 2023 they told him to redo medical because it expires 6 months and he did did his medical again June 2023 and now its been 1.5 month they havent responded to him. So my sister husbands been stuck in AP since April 27, 2022. Like i said many men get to AP and many women dont get into AP.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:49 PM, Zs10102 said:

lol it seems like you work in the US embassy, you have so much knowledge. Please spend less time on this chat group and more time in sending everyone interview letters and finish the backlog please. 

Just now, harimirch said:

lol it seems like you work in the US embassy, you have so much knowledge. Please spend less time on this chat group and more time in sending everyone interview letters and finish the backlog please. 

Hey no need to be rude i said what i said based off the 30 people i know that came to USA from pakistan and the other 100s of people online that came to USA from pakistan. And like i said all this was based off of the last 3-4 years. No need to be rude thanks.

14 hours ago, podeena said:

You both are right but yes some people are just lucky in this painful journey of immigration I know my relative's sister just had her interview on July 5 and got her passport on 10 July  and her brother with same ir1 category waiting for his passport since 4 months so what you call it 🤔 we can just pray 🙏🏽🤞

Poodena, can you ask your wife who interviewed her? Was it a female and if yes was it a chubby female or skinny? 

Just now, Zs10102 said:

Hey no need to be rude i said what i said based off the 30 people i know that came to USA from pakistan and the other 100s of people online that came to USA from pakistan. And like i said all this was based off of the last 3-4 years. No need to be rude thanks.

It was a joke that is why I put lol bc in message it is hard to tell when you are serious/joking/rude. So yea. 

1 minute ago, Zs10102 said:

no need to be soo sensitive on a random chat board. 

30 minutes ago, zeerabiscuit said:

google NVC case status, it will open NVC page. You enter your case number and it will show if you are in AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.