podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,599 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, gulkhan said:

Same in California we dont get original divorce certificate, only certified copy of divorce decree. Did your wife take the original certified copy of the decree or just a copy of it? 

Anyone who's been same situation please answer. 

My wife give them the certified sealed + Stamp divorce copy. They refused the visa and told her to courier Passport + Original divorce certificate . I did confirm with the court here and court is saying they can only give Sealed + Stamp copy. 

I dont know how to convince VISA officer ?

If someone have similar experience or suggestion please share  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Smame40 said:

My wife give them the certified sealed + Stamp divorce copy. They refused the visa and told her to courier Passport + Original divorce certificate . I did confirm with the court here and court is saying they can only give Sealed + Stamp copy. 

I would suggest go to the court where your divorce was finalized ask them to write you an official letter saying that they dont issue original certificates. Then send it to them i did a little bit of research and its true they wont give you the originals just a certified copy. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Smame40 said:

They will not listen anything till you give them formal letter or written document from relevant authority along with letter of explanation 

12 hours ago, Smame40 said:

USA original divorce - please help 

My wife have interview today for IR-1 however officer asked them to mail original Divorce Certificate of my previous marriage in USA .

in Connecticut we don't have original certificate, we only have certified divorce decree . She did told the officer but officer is asking to get original certificate. Can any one have any suggestion how to convince officer that they have only certified copy and no orignal document  

A Connecticut divorce decree is available from the Judicial District Clerk's Office in the Connecticut Superior Court where the divorce took place. When looking for a divorce decree in the state, search available records with the Superior Court Case Look-up tool. To conduct an online search, the requester will need to provide the case name (on the record) and a docket number.

This search tool only allows the public to view available records. To obtain a certified copy of a Connecticut divorce decree, the requester must submit a written request to the Superior Court, which issued the judgment. Only parties eligible to receive a divorce decree will receive a copy on request. Eligible persons are parties named on the record, their immediate family members, and authorized legal representatives. When submitting a request for the record, the request should include a valid photo ID and pertinent information about the record. Requests for divorce decrees can be submitted by mail or by paying a visit to the Superior Court, where the judgment file is located.

Connecticut Superior Courts charge $25 for a certified copy of a divorce decree.

Government public record search portals and third-party public record websites may provide court records search tools, which can help find divorce records, though record availability usually varies widely. Divorce records, in particular, may simply not be available through either source.

Seems like you do get original divorce decree. And certified copies are only issued to the parties involved. Read from source below

https://connecticut.staterecords.org/divorcerecords

Timeline
On 4/12/2023 at 4:54 PM, Raja007 said:

A Connecticut divorce decree is available from the Judicial District Clerk's Office in the Connecticut Superior Court where the divorce took place. When looking for a divorce decree in the state, search available records with the Superior Court Case Look-up tool. To conduct an online search, the requester will need to provide the case name (on the record) and a docket number.

This search tool only allows the public to view available records. To obtain a certified copy of a Connecticut divorce decree, the requester must submit a written request to the Superior Court, which issued the judgment. Only parties eligible to receive a divorce decree will receive a copy on request. Eligible persons are parties named on the record, their immediate family members, and authorized legal representatives. When submitting a request for the record, the request should include a valid photo ID and pertinent information about the record. Requests for divorce decrees can be submitted by mail or by paying a visit to the Superior Court, where the judgment file is located.

Connecticut Superior Courts charge $25 for a certified copy of a divorce decree.

Government public record search portals and third-party public record websites may provide court records search tools, which can help find divorce records, though record availability usually varies widely. Divorce records, in particular, may simply not be available through either source.

Seems like you do get original divorce decree. And certified copies are only issued to the parties involved. Read from source below

https://connecticut.staterecords.org/divorcerecords

Brother I really appreciate you have taken your precious time and research for this. May Allah reward you for your efforts

thank you 

Timeline
On 4/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, Machinecorpse62 said:

Eid Mubarak everyone. They have update interview letters up to July 15,2021 DQ for June 2023 interview I wish you guys the best. 

Where did you get this update from? Any site?

Timeline

221-g white slip 

My wife had an interview on 4/12 CO give them white slip 221(g)  ( ticked with passport , previous divorce certificate of petitioner ) which she submitted through courier on 4/13. 
CEAC status still show Refused , with date update on 4/17. 
Any experience or idea what to expect next or time frame 

Timeline
On 4/21/2023 at 5:39 AM, Machinecorpse62 said:

Is there anyways way we can expedite our case with valid reason that will be approve beside having a medical  issues.  it’s getting hard being patience by each day. And poodena no update yet hopefully soon though. they’d need to start improving faster again. 

Unfortunately no way except painful waiting and nothing yet for us they're  dealing with skipped May,June 21 and up til July 15 , that's what I know so let's hope and pray. laziest and worst embassy of all.😠 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Smame40 said:

221-g white slip 

My wife had an interview on 4/12 CO give them white slip 221(g)  ( ticked with passport , previous divorce certificate of petitioner ) which she submitted through courier on 4/13. 
CEAC status still show Refused , with date update on 4/17. 
Any experience or idea what to expect next or time frame 

Did they kept her passport , bc change date means they updated and I heard sometimes after refused status says issued so hope for the best and let us know when you get her Visa.🤞any one knows better please share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.