Marshae04

Case stuck at NVC for over a year

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I case has been stuck at in Lagos NVC for over a year now. Our priority date is Jan 24th 2021 we have been waiting for an interview for a long time does anyone have any idea on when they will be sending out an interview dates and times? This wait is ridiculous and way too long I thought the embassy was moving faster.  In the mean time I filed a 129F form for a K3 visitors visa I just got a letter today saying it was denied because they already approved my husbands 130 form. Is there any way around this wait? It's getting pricey to keep traveling from the US to Nigeria every 4-5 months I'm getting worn out. 😥 I need some positive vibes & energy today I'm a little bit discouraged. I'm just ready to start my life with my husband in the states already *sigh*

30 minutes ago, KayIgbokwe said:

My husband and I case has been stuck at in Lagos NVC for over a year now. Our priority date is Jan 24th 2021 we have been waiting for an interview for a long time does anyone have any idea on when they will be sending out an interview dates and times? This wait is ridiculous and way too long I thought the embassy was moving faster.  In the mean time I filed a 129F form for a K3 visitors visa I just got a letter today saying it was denied because they already approved my husbands 130 form. Is there any way around this wait? It's getting pricey to keep traveling from the US to Nigeria every 4-5 months I'm getting worn out. 😥 I need some positive vibes & energy today I'm a little bit discouraged. I'm just ready to start my life with my husband in the states already *sigh*

you'll need to wait. are you DQ-d already?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
36 minutes ago, KayIgbokwe said:

My husband and I case has been stuck at in Lagos NVC for over a year now. Our priority date is Jan 24th 2021 we have been waiting for an interview for a long time does anyone have any idea on when they will be sending out an interview dates and times? - Check this Nigeria thread where people are discussing the wait times: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/758580-lagos-nigeria-interview-waiting-time/page/5/#comments

In the mean time I filed a 129F form for a K3 visitors visa I just got a letter today saying it was denied because they already approved my husbands 130 form. - You shouldn't have wasted your time filing I-129F when they had already approved your I-130 petition. They were going to deny it just as they have.

Is there any way around this wait? - No way around this.  You'll have to keep waiting for the USEM to schedule and interview you just like everyone else in line.

Good luck.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
4 minutes ago, S9471 said:

were you documentarily qualified, where NVC approved all your documents and put you in the queue for the interview?

Oh yes!! I currently waiting on the interview now all of our documents have been entered and verified 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Good luck.

I filed the other form to try exhaust all of my means on my end I didn't know but it was worth I shot I thought

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KayIgbokwe said:

I filed the other form to try exhaust all of my means on my end I didn't know but it was worth I shot I thought

It's understandable since you were not aware of how it works.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if u have been dq'd at NVC for a year  (or anytime before April 18th of 2022)  u will need to fill out a new I 864 with the 2021 tax retruns as 2020 is out of date for current income

Get  the IRS transcripts for 2021 (all Pages even though they may not pertain to your circumstances)  and fill out a I 864 by hand and send these to your spouse to be ready for the interview

hopefully u filed as married on the returns

As already stated, you are in line and have to wait.

From a couple others in this forum, last scheduled were those who DQed about the start of the 2nd week in December 2020 so you are very close.

Now some facts that are annoyingly depressing. I aggregated some data for visas issued in Lagos for the last 12 months.

In the past 12 months, 04/2021 to 03/2022, visas issued

B1/B2 - 22153

CR1/IR1 - 669

K1 - 256

F1 - 2714

The dropbox process was restarted in February that resulted in big jump (14754 in 02/22 and 03/22 alone) but prior to that, B1/B2 visas were issued at a rate of about 8 times that of CR1/IR1. In the last 2 month, over 150 times more

Even F1 visas were issued at almost 3 times the rate of CR1/IR1 and K1 combined

We can see where the embassy priorities lie. Students and tourists equals money being spent in the US. 

Edited by randy32

Timeline
58 minutes ago, randy32 said:

As already stated, you are in line and have to wait.

From a couple others in this forum, last scheduled were those who DQed about the start of the 2nd week in December 2020 so you are very close.

Now some facts that are annoyingly depressing. I aggregated some data for visas issued in Lagos for the last 12 months.

In the past 12 months, 04/2021 to 03/2022, visas issued

B1/B2 - 22153

CR1/IR1 - 669

K1 - 256

F1 - 2714

The dropbox process was restarted in February that resulted in big jump (14754 in 02/22 and 03/22 alone) but prior to that, B1/B2 visas were issued at a rate of about 8 times that of CR1/IR1. In the last 2 month, over 150 times more

Even F1 visas were issued at almost 3 times the rate of CR1/IR1 and K1 combined

We can see where the embassy priorities lie. Students and tourists equals money being spent in the US. 

This is very helpful thank you so much for the response. I guess I have no choice, but to continue to wait and pray.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

Wishing you all the best.  Don't worry,  things will be alright soon...  God is with you to help on starting the life together with your husband

Thank you for the positive reply I really needed this ❤️

Timeline
6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

if u have been dq'd at NVC for a year  (or anytime before April 18th of 2022)  u will need to fill out a new I 864 with the 2021 tax retruns as 2020 is out of date for current income

Get  the IRS transcripts for 2021 (all Pages even though they may not pertain to your circumstances)  and fill out a I 864 by hand and send these to your spouse to be ready for the interview

hopefully u filed as married on the returns

I didn't think I had to add him or state that I was married on my last years tax return since he's not here in the states yet and we got married Dec 2020. I know to state that I'm married this year as I have not filed as of yet. Thank you for your reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.