BadAmmoWitch

NVC to Manila embassy - next steps? K1

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, FancyCashew said:

Wow congrats man! Great seeing everything move so fast - -  looks like we have really similar timelines up to this point, so could be great sign embassy is hustling now. (Nvc was in transit during end of holy week so we didn't get "ready" until yesterday) really hoping we can snag an interview in May as well. 

Question - I searched these boards and get a few different answers, what supporting docs did you include with your affidavit of support? 

Yes, we were the same regarding "in transit". Changed to "ready" on Monday.

I haven't completed the I-134 yet. I'll fill it out and bring it with me to Manila so my fiancee will have it for the interview.

I understand that IRS tax transcripts are good as supporting documents. I'll likely also get a letter from my bank detailing account balances and incoming monthly salary just in case.

Timeline
17 hours ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

Cool! What a coincidence. See you there?

I won't be going there, but it is good to know someone in the same circumstances in case we have issues or questions with the process. 

13 hours ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

Yes, we were the same regarding "in transit". Changed to "ready" on Monday.

I haven't completed the I-134 yet. I'll fill it out and bring it with me to Manila so my fiancee will have it for the interview.

I understand that IRS tax transcripts are good as supporting documents. I'll likely also get a letter from my bank detailing account balances and incoming monthly salary just in case.

Right on, thanks! 

Update we logged in last night to schedule an interview but all the dates said unavailable through Oct 2022. She logged out and logged back in, and it must have been bugging out because suddenly all the dates were listed! Interview is now May 12th! Can't believe its finally happening after 2 agonizing years.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, FancyCashew said:

Right on, thanks! 

Update we logged in last night to schedule an interview but all the dates said unavailable through Oct 2022. She logged out and logged back in, and it must have been bugging out because suddenly all the dates were listed! Interview is now May 12th! Can't believe its finally happening after 2 agonizing years.

Awesome! Yeah we saw every Thursday open for K1 dates, with a lot of availability for each. Maybe me or my fiancee will run into yours - what a small world.

On 4/12/2022 at 8:50 AM, hunny&me said:

Slim/tight but maybe.  
IN TRANSIT - Wait 3 days it becomes Ready.  Because it is long holiday this week, if it requires manual process in USEM, then this may extend next week.
MEDICAL - You can get that anytime.  Availability of SLEC (slec.ph) at this time is from April 21.  2 days for medical.  If medical xray is clear in Day 1, possible immunization next working day.  But if not, patient will be sent back for sputum collection (3 consecutive days), then 2 months after that 3 days for result.  Note that medical is good only for 6 months from Day 1.  If patient is not clear on day 1, definitely not fit in your time frame.
USEM INTERVIEW DATE - Based on people's experience, they get letter from USEM that they have interview date (rare) or they can now open a CGI account to book an appointment.  Most people do not wait for this email, we just open for CGI account and grab available appointment.  Appointment are scarce (because most are given to NVC for scheduling), they are filled fast because a lot of people are waiting.  So I suggest, you find a group chat in Facebook for CGI appointment watchers for K1.  We have one for IR1/CR1 - the appointment in CGI appears as per your filled Visa Class, so we do not see K1 appointments,  Last week USEM released allot of dates in May.   May 25 being the farthest.  So maybe next week, they may release for May 26, 31.  We notice that interview slots given are Mondays, Tues, Thurs.  For K1, some people say it is just Thursdays.

CFO - you can only register CFO when Visa is at hand (https://cfo.gov.ph/)  The registration may take few days.  But if you are in a hurry, walk-in (visa and flight on hand) maybe an option.

Reason am saying it is slim or tight is because of variables beyond control.  But if everything is perfect - applicant get medical end of April and it is clear, able to secure ID for May (sometimes there are random openings due to cancellations from applicants that had to undergo extended medical), VOH few days after,  walk-in to CFO and certificate/sticker on hand by June 4, fly out June 5.  Biggest variable is medical - so I suggest to have that done so you can plan the next actions (either immediately or you had to wait for extended medical).

Hope this helps!

where is this cgi account located? would i be able to book appointment? im still on "waiting for packet" phase.

41 minutes ago, andrewfromdenver said:

where is this cgi account located? would i be able to book appointment? im still on "waiting for packet" phase.

CGI is at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/  

Sorry, I did not process for K1.  Referring your Q to others.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, Chancy said:

Once CEAC status says "Ready" -- submit DS-160, pay MRV fee, book visa interview, book SLEC medical.  Prepare all civil documents required for the interview.

Your fiancee may register for CFO anytime, but it might be useless prior to getting visa on hand.  Some CFO counselors might refuse to schedule the session without a scan of the visa.  Unless CFO changed things up again with the easing of COVID restrictions, CFO sessions are done via phone call now.  No in-person seminars anymore.

This comment was very helpful.  We just had interview, and are now approved.  Thank you.  

On 4/19/2022 at 10:40 PM, BadAmmoWitch said:

Hello,

In the situation where the petitioner is not with the beneficiary for the interview, would the beneficiary fill out and bring this to the interview?

Or can the petitioner mail this in or submit it online? Appreciate any help,

Thank you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, kevsheryl said:

Hello,

In the situation where the petitioner is not with the beneficiary for the interview, would the beneficiary fill out and bring this to the interview?

Or can the petitioner mail this in or submit it online? Appreciate any help,

Thank you.

Yes, just fill it out and sign, make a digital copy, then email that to beneficiary for them to print.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.