BadAmmoWitch

NVC to Manila embassy - next steps? K1

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. First, THANK YOU to anyone who can offer advice.

I just received the email from NVC that they're sending our case to Manila embassy. CEAC website says our case is "IN TRANSIT".

What are the next steps? I feel like we should be rushing to do a bunch of stuff right now. Will CEAC case status say something different when they receive it? How long?

To top this off, I'll be in the Philippines with my fiancee May 8 through June 5. Is there any chance we can schedule the medical, interview during this time frame so we can do it together? 

Finally, is it possible that we get everything done by June 5, and she can fly home with me? How long does CFO take?

Thank you everyone!!!

Edited by BadAmmoWitch

2 hours ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

What are the next steps?

Once CEAC status says "Ready" -- submit DS-160, pay MRV fee, book visa interview, book SLEC medical.  Prepare all civil documents required for the interview.

Your fiancee may register for CFO anytime, but it might be useless prior to getting visa on hand.  Some CFO counselors might refuse to schedule the session without a scan of the visa.  Unless CFO changed things up again with the easing of COVID restrictions, CFO sessions are done via phone call now.  No in-person seminars anymore.

4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Your fiancee may register for CFO anytime, but it might be useless prior to getting visa on hand.  Some CFO counselors might refuse to schedule the session without a scan of the visa.  Unless CFO changed things up again with the easing of COVID restrictions, CFO sessions are done via phone call now.  No in-person seminars anymore.

https://cfo.gov.ph/physical-registration-at-the-cfo-manila/

Timeline

Thank you both so much! This is all a little overwhelming at this stage of the process.

I'm going to book the medical for April 22 and have my fiancee get the documents in order for that.

I'd like to try to schedule the interview myself. I work from home and can check availability often. Where do I do that? What is a CGI account?

35 minutes ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

Thank you both so much! This is all a little overwhelming at this stage of the process.

I'm going to book the medical for April 22 and have my fiancee get the documents in order for that.

I'd like to try to schedule the interview myself. I work from home and can check availability often. Where do I do that? What is a CGI account?

Start from here >> https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/  This will lead you to CGI.

You can get interactive information to what is latest procedure, documents, experiences from FB groups like 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/K1fiancevisaphsupportgroup
https://www.facebook.com/groups/393381558646389

Edited by hunny&me

7 hours ago, hunny&me said:

Because it is long holiday this week, if it requires manual process in USEM, then this may extend next week.

Does the US Embassy usually close for PH holidays? The staff there must get a lot of holidays between both American and Filipino holidays.

1 hour ago, Corgent said:

Does the US Embassy usually close for PH holidays? The staff there must get a lot of holidays between both American and Filipino holidays.

YES!  They enjoy both country holidays ☺️
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-gen-holidays.asp

Timeline
9 hours ago, Chancy said:

Once CEAC status says "Ready" -- submit DS-160, pay MRV fee, book visa interview, book SLEC medical.  Prepare all civil documents required for the interview.

Thank you for info, Chancy.  I apologize if obvious, but what is CFO?

16 hours ago, marjandchri said:

what is CFO?

CFO = Commission on Filipinos Overseas.  For Filipinos traveling on a long-term or immigrant visa (eg. fiancee/spouse visa), one of the requirements to be able to exit the Philippines is a certificate/sticker issued by CFO.  If the traveler is not able to present a CFO certificate/sticker to the Philippine immigration officer at the airport, they will not be allowed to board the plane.

13 hours ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

I don't know if we got super lucky, but our timeline seems to be working out nicely.

Status is ready, DS160 done, MRV fee paid. I arrive in Manila on 5/7. We snagged a medical in the morning on 5/10, and an interview in the morning on 5/12. 

My fiancee has her NBI and Cenomar lined up next week. We'll coordinate all the other documents together. The last hurdle will be that CFO.

Then if all that works out, I'll have to figure out how to get us on the same flights home together on very short notice.

What was planned as a vacation quickly turned into work. Worth it though.

That is great!!! Praying that her medical will go through on May 10.  Blessings to you both!  We will be breathing same air in May.. am arriving Pinas on May 15 :)  Am praying for a peaceful election season 🙏

Timeline
2 hours ago, abaa said:

My fiance has medical exam and visa interviews on the same days. I hope everything goes well for them both, it has been such a long journey.

Cool! What a coincidence. See you there?

21 hours ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

I don't know if we got super lucky, but our timeline seems to be working out nicely.

Status is ready, DS160 done, MRV fee paid. I arrive in Manila on 5/7. We snagged a medical in the morning on 5/10, and an interview in the morning on 5/12. 

My fiancee has her NBI and Cenomar lined up next week. We'll coordinate all the other documents together. The last hurdle will be that CFO.

Then if all that works out, I'll have to figure out how to get us on the same flights home together on very short notice.

What was planned as a vacation quickly turned into work. Worth it though.

Wow congrats man! Great seeing everything move so fast - -  looks like we have really similar timelines up to this point, so could be great sign embassy is hustling now. (Nvc was in transit during end of holy week so we didn't get "ready" until yesterday) really hoping we can snag an interview in May as well. 

Question - I searched these boards and get a few different answers, what supporting docs did you include with your affidavit of support? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.