ImranTariq786

Taxes filed 2021

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You only need SSN/ ITIN to file “married filing jointly.” Your wife can file “married filing separately” in the absence of your SSN/ ITIN.

I recommend your wife fire the current accountant if they haven’t advised her this already. Find someone competent.

Regardless, as others have said, this won’t affect the immigration process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

You only need SSN/ ITIN to file “married filing jointly.” Your wife can file “married filing separately” in the absence of your SSN/ ITIN.

I recommend your wife fire the current accountant if they haven’t advised her this already. Find someone competent.

Regardless, as others have said, this won’t affect the immigration process.

Yes we found a another accountant he said he will amend our filling status by 1040-X should we submit 1040x with documents which we ready to send embassy 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ImranTariq786 said:

Yes we found a another accountant he said he will amend our filling status by 1040-X should we submit 1040x with documents which we ready to send embassy 

Please fill your timeline, so we know what stage you are in the process.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Come again?

Married people filing taxes as single are not lawfully paying taxes.  This is tax evasion.  

No need to twist the intent here. I am saying this is an IRS issue not an immigration issue. Uscis or embassies don't give a damn about such issues. Of course one should amend it appropriately but it can wait till OP immigrates. No point amending at this time.

It won't be tax evasion if one ends up paying more by filing single.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

USCiS makes it clear good moral character is essential to gaining CIS benefit, and gmc includes tax compliance.  

I am out.   

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
12 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Please fill your timeline, so we know what stage you are in the process.

My interview was held in US embassy Islamabad Pakistan 05 July 2021. They required me joint sponsor and unfortunately we didn't found anyone with eligible in families. My wife made enough in 2021, $24,778 for 2021. Currently her annual income on employer Employment verification letter $37,582. We'll submit documents when 2021 transcript come in our mail box 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

My wife made enough in 2021, $24,778 for 2021. Currently her annual income on employer Employment verification letter $37,582. We'll submit documents when 2021 transcript come in our mail box 

What amount did she put as current annual income in i864? This should very likely be good enough. Make sure to include several latest paystubs as well.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

My interview was held in US embassy Islamabad Pakistan 05 July 2021. They required me joint sponsor and unfortunately we didn't found anyone with eligible in families. My wife made enough in 2021, $24,778 for 2021. Currently her annual income on employer Employment verification letter $37,582. We'll submit documents when 2021 transcript come in our mail box 

OK, so you are trying to resubmit i864 with your wife’s 2021 income info instead of joint sponsor, hoping that would be enough.

Then what’s you should do. Once her 2021 taxes are filed, she should send the revised i864 with all relevant attachments. As @arken suggested, include latest pay stubs to prove her current higher income. If there was an offer letter that accompanied her raise that could be included as well.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, arken said:

What amount did she put as current annual income in i864? This should very likely be good enough. Make sure to include several latest paystubs as well.

Her current annual income is $37,582 as per her salary and employer letter mention also. Yes we have pay stubs.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

OK, so you are trying to resubmit i864 with your wife’s 2021 income info instead of joint sponsor, hoping that would be enough.

Then what’s you should do. Once her 2021 taxes are filed, she should send the revised i864 with all relevant attachments. As @arken suggested, include latest pay stubs to prove her current higher income. If there was an offer letter that accompanied her raise that could be included as well.

Yes she filed her taxes in 07th March 2022. Now almost her transcript is come as well but accountant was filed her taxes single not married filling Sperately. We found a new accountant he said, he will amend it today. I will attach 1040X with 2021 transcript with new Affidavit of support I-864. Yes she have paystubs Yes my wife current annual income is $37,582 and she don't have any dependent. She and me only household. Pray for us.

Edited by ImranTariq786
About the paystubs add

Timeline
1 minute ago, Raja007 said:

Single tax filler and filled married but separately has the same tax bracket. And as Arken suggested it's purely IRS issue not an immigration issue. But also as other have suggested your spouse should stop working with that accountant who clearly misguided your spouse. 

Yes we leave that accountant and we found a new accountant. He amend for filling status single to Married Filling Separately. Just wondering should we submit transcript as Single because other transcript will be take time 16 weeks 

5 minutes ago, ImranTariq786 said:

Yes we leave that accountant and we found a new accountant. He amend for filling status single to Married Filling Separately. Just wondering should we submit transcript as Single because other transcript will be take time 16 weeks 

Like I mentioned above single filler and married filling separately has same tax bracket so your spouse was paying same amount of tax either way. Immigration has nothing to do with it. Yoo can take that income.tax return at the interview. And once you are done with your interview your wife can amend that status from single to married but filling separately.

9 minutes ago, ImranTariq786 said:

You can also read similar thread on here for more information 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/759813-filed-as-single-on-2020-tax-return-help/page/2/#comments

Timeline
1 minute ago, Raja007 said:

Like I mentioned above single filler and married filling separately has same tax bracket so your spouse was paying same amount of tax either way. Immigration has nothing to do with it. Yoo can take that income.tax return at the interview. And once you are done with your interview your wife can amend that status from single to married but filling separately.

My interview done before just send them affidavit of support I-864 with transcripts. But this year taxes 2021 accountant file as Single just was worry about that. My wife submitted form 1040X to IRS for amend status correct

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.