Depressed M

This battle with the consulate!

88 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

So sorry you are going through this.  

Do you have a CRBA yet?

If the child has a UK passport, then both of you can fly to Canada (after getting Canadian eTA for the child).  The child’s father should drive into Canada to icon you up.  Then the three of you drift into the USA early in the morning and spend a long day in secondary, declaring the child to be a U.S. citizen.  

Once in the USA, file for the child’s passport and passport card using secondary evidence based on the father’s physical presence.  Then once you have that, file for certificate of citizenship.  

Hi Mike,

not sure if we have the CRBA yet. I’ve contacted the embassy twice for updates and i’m just told to check the tracking number via automated response. The next issue is that the tracking number doesn’t even work. 
i have no way of finding out the status ag this point unless i continuosly email them (which ive been doing and they just send the automated response to each email i send and stop responding after 3 emails. ) or calling them which sends you to an automated system or an extension that rings into nonexistence. 
i feel defeated. 

im sorry i dont understand any of the Canada stuff. I will look up what the Canadian eTA is and what ‘icon up’ means. I dont want to do anything to jeopardize my sons citizenship. Whilst i watch and interact with a lot of illegal migrants who are quietly living in the states, i dont want to be looking over my shoulder every minute wondering if my child will be taken for entering illegally. Filtering into the states early in the morning sounds like a naughty move lol. Please correct me if im wrong 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

“Icon up” is auto correct striking again. 

“pick up” is what I meant to type. 

eTA is electronic travel authorization required for UK citizens to fly to Canada.  

You fly to Canada and enter the USA by land because the child is a U.S. citizen and the courts have ruled that CBP cannot force the child to present a U.S. passport to enter the U.S.   

The long day in secondary inspection is CBP verifying the child is a U.S. citizen.  

Your update indicated the situation was dire. So it seems time to take this extraordinary action.  

I never suggested crossing the border illegally. You enter through a lawful CBP check pout that is open. Most are 24 hour operations IME.  Nothing “naughty” at all about 3 US citizens presenting themselves for inspection. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_passport under the Restrictions heading to see the list of court cases  

This move will jeopardize your son’s CRBA but it doesn’t seem like the embassy wants to issue it anyway. N-600 provides  certificate of citizenship which is just as good. 

This does not jeopardize your son’s U.S. citizenship 

Edited by Mike E

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

“Icon up” is auto correct striking again. 

“pick up” is what I meant to type. 

eTA is electronic travel authorization required for UK citizens to fly to Canada.  

You fly to Canada and enter the USA by land because the child is a U.S. citizen and the courts have ruled that CBP cannot force the child to present a U.S. passport to enter the U.S.   

The long day in secondary inspection is CBP verifying the child is a U.S. citizen.  

Your update indicated the situation was dire. So it seems time to take this extraordinary action.  

I never suggested crossing the border illegally. You enter through a lawful CBP check pout that is open. Most are 24 hour operations IME.  Nothing “naughty” at all about 3 US citizens presenting themselves for inspection. 

This move will jeopardize your son’s CRBA but it doesn’t seem like the embassy wants to issue it anyway. N-600 provides  certificate of citizenship which is just as good. 

This does not jeopardize your son’s U.S. citizenship 

Sorry, i watch too much border patrol lol. 
i just feel like they’re looking at me as a criminal or something already being that so many people, including lawyers and legal aids, cant believe we are still in this predicament! I dont want to give them any reason to think im sneaky or anything. 

it does seem as though they dont want to issue it. Is that even legal though? Why provide a list of things you need from me in order to get these documents but then reject and skip around the documents i give you. Ive provided EVERYTHING they’ve asked for and they can still say no? 

thank you Mike. I will look into this Canadian option now. The hard part is getting there. Ive run out of money as this has taken so long. So i will have to go home first and get selling! Possibly have my mother bring my child to Canada for me as i wont have enough for 3 trips!! This is so draining and depressing! 
👎👎👎

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

Is that even legal though?

It’s illegal as hell.  There is even a law, the Administrative Procedures Act that was passed to give citizens relief from bureaucrats who refuse to comply with their own policies.  However you would have to hire an attorney to sue in Federal Court.  And while I suspect the Department of State would move quickly to settle by presenting your child’s CRBA and passport, plan on spending $10,000 or more. 

I’ve provided the cheaper alternative.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A Writ of Mandamus would be about $5,000 but seems OP does not have that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Boiler said:

A Writ of Mandamus would be about $5,000 but seems OP does not have that.

WoM doesn’t seem to apply because it appears the decision has been made in the affirmative. The embassy is refusing to produce and/or send the CRBA and passport. 

Perhaps you can try these things today:

1. Call the Duty Officer for Emergency Services for US Citizens and try to verify if child’s passport is ready so you can pick up in person.  

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-contact/

2. If passport is not ready then file for the limited validity Emergency Passport , application online 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/emergency-passport-contact-form/

3. Most definitely Google Congressman ( where father lives ) , download a Case Work Authorization form , complete it by asking for help in dealing w Embassy to release child’s passport. Just upload the authorization and copy of fathers driver’s license that shows he lives in district, and follow up w phone calls. Make sure you list yourself as authorized to speak on request. 

4. Pay for another delivery tracking to replace the expired one , just in case it’s asked for. But email the delivery service and have them confirm in writing how to find out if anything was ever sent through that tracking number from the embassy. …because a passport or documents may have been lost/ stolen in transit and they cannot just walk away from the issue. All of this through emails, cause by phone everyone seems to be blowing you off.

3 hours ago, Depressed M said:

i have no way of finding out the status ag this point unless i continuosly email them (which ive been doing and they just send the automated response to each email i send and stop responding after 3 emails. ) or calling them which sends you to an automated system or an extension that rings into nonexistence. 
i feel defeated. 

Don’t give up, you are almost there. And at this point , I also suggest you file a complaint with the Office of the Inspector General/ Department of State. It is I believe, where abuse/ fraud by embassy personnel needs to be lodged . It will not count against you or your child, as I know you fear that, but I do believe they will do a bit more than ignore you .

https://www.stateoig.gov/

You can also print out all of your unanswered emails , and send them by certified mail to the Embassy, Attn:  Ambassador. with a big HELP heading.

17 hours ago, Family said:

Perhaps you can try these things today:

1. Call the Duty Officer for Emergency Services for US Citizens and try to verify if child’s passport is ready so you can pick up in person.  

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/emergency-contact/

2. If passport is not ready then file for the limited validity Emergency Passport , application online 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/emergency-passport-contact-form/

3. Most definitely Google Congressman ( where father lives ) , download a Case Work Authorization form , complete it by asking for help in dealing w Embassy to release child’s passport. Just upload the authorization and copy of fathers driver’s license that shows he lives in district, and follow up w phone calls. Make sure you list yourself as authorized to speak on request. 

4. Pay for another delivery tracking to replace the expired one , just in case it’s asked for. But email the delivery service and have them confirm in writing how to find out if anything was ever sent through that tracking number from the embassy. …because a passport or documents may have been lost/ stolen in transit and they cannot just walk away from the issue. All of this through emails, cause by phone everyone seems to be blowing you off.

Thank you so much! I called the duty officer but his secretary claims he is busy with a missing persons case right now and to send him an email and he will reach back out. She said it will be a while before i hear back but if I dont hear back in 24 hours, then to call back. 
I am going to send an email AND fill out the form you suggested too for the Emergency Passport. 
I've had enough of this now and I am booking our flight home for next week. 
They WILL give me his passport or an emergency passport as this has been almost 4 years of this back and forth.  I’ve found the congresswoman for dads city but nothing about a Case Work Organization form so I will be calling them as soon as they’re open! 
DX Delivery is the courier service and they DO NOT answer phones. It’s impossible to get a hold of someone but I will definitely be paying for another tracking. The issue is that they cannot locate my old tracking as its expired so they will have nothing to link the new tracking to. 

5 hours ago, Depressed M said:

I've had enough of this now and I am booking our flight home for next week. 
They WILL give me his passport or an emergency passport as this has been almost 4 years of this back and forth.  I’ve found the congresswoman for dads city but nothing about a Case Work Organization form so I will be calling them as soon as they’re open! 
DX Delivery is the courier service and they DO NOT answer phones. It’s impossible to get a hold of someone but I will definitely be paying for another tracking. The issue is that they cannot locate my old tracking as its expired so they will have nothing to link the new tracking to. 

1. Post name of Congressman here, will help you look if they have a Case Authorization Form …here’s what it may look like https://vargas.house.gov/sites/vargas.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/FINAL_CaseworkForm_1.pdf

2. DX Delivery, do everything by email to have records. “ My name Xx, on yy, I registered and paid for doc delivery w embassy ( payment receipts conf , or profile info).On zz embassy stated they sent docs and I should contact DX . Repeated calls to DX resulted in being told my tracking is expired and am advised to call embassy. Am requesting DX to investigate if any packets FROM embassy TO My Name, Child Name, Father Name have been initiated/ routed between this / that date as they contain orig/ sensitive documents and may include a US passport “

https://www.dxdelivery.com/contact-us 

3 hours ago, Family said:

1. Post name of Congressman here, will help you look if they have a Case Authorization Form …here’s what it may look like https://vargas.house.gov/sites/vargas.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/FINAL_CaseworkForm_1.pdf

2. DX Delivery, do everything by email to have records. “ My name Xx, on yy, I registered and paid for doc delivery w embassy ( payment receipts conf , or profile info).On zz embassy stated they sent docs and I should contact DX . Repeated calls to DX resulted in being told my tracking is expired and am advised to call embassy. Am requesting DX to investigate if any packets FROM embassy TO My Name, Child Name, Father Name have been initiated/ routed between this / that date as they contain orig/ sensitive documents and may include a US passport “

https://www.dxdelivery.com/contact-us 

Thank you!!

congresswoman Lois Frankel is the name. 

i will be sending an email to DX Delivery and copying it to their messenger platforms too

thank you again!

https://frankel.house.gov/constituent-services/passports.htm

https://frankel.house.gov/uploadedfiles/uscis_new_privacy_release_rep_frankel.pdf

Second link is the USCIS authorization, just write in DOS ( dept of state) and send it in , if she wants you to re do one , don’t stress. Also call her office , just use baby daddy’s address as your permanent US address when speaking w them. Say you have booked tickets and need urgent help w passports 

12 hours ago, Family said:

https://frankel.house.gov/constituent-services/passports.htm

https://frankel.house.gov/uploadedfiles/uscis_new_privacy_release_rep_frankel.pdf

Second link is the USCIS authorization, just write in DOS ( dept of state) and send it in , if she wants you to re do one , don’t stress. Also call her office , just use baby daddy’s address as your permanent US address when speaking w them. Say you have booked tickets and need urgent help w passports 

Thank you immensely! 
😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.