Depressed M

This battle with the consulate!

88 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Depressed M said:

His fathers pssport and all supporting documents. Denied AGAIN, and given 90 days to now submit a birth certificate with both parents on it and or a stamped passport to prove when i entered the US. 

I just realized the Father of your Child is definitely part of the CBRA, so bloody hell, why would your attorney  not send in  new forms where the Father is applying so his PHYSICAL PRESENCE can be submitted and considered!!! 

I’m sure you can get the father to log into Social Security and print out his Statement of Earnings , then send for a certified copy from SS! His credit report …tax returns..

ARGH!!! I feel your frustration but at this point it’s w your legal rep! Just have father do new forms , notarize them , add his proof of presence and send IT IN. You can make the deadline.

4 hours ago, jan22 said:

A few questions for you -- that seem very personal and somewhat strange, but your answers will help give you the right response:

1. Was your child born in or out of wedlock?
  2. Was the father a US citizen at the time of birth of your child?
  3. Did you include a completed DS-5507 along with your CRBA application?
  4. And, you said the father is definitely on the birth certificate, right?  
  5. Is there any other evidence that you have to show he is the father, such as pre-natal care information, hospital records, photos, shared addresses if you were living together at that time, etc?

With the answers to these questions, I can help guide you better.  If you don't want to provide the information publicly, please feel free to send it to me in a private message.

Thank you for your response!!

1. Born Out of wedlock 

2. Yes the father is a USC born and raised, at time of birth!

3. All forms were completed with the Crba application. It was all prepared by my lawyer. 
4. No other evidence was asked of me regarding the father. My lawyer prepared everything needed for the fathers part. 

2 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Im very confused … Unaccompanied goods forms are filled out by a returning resident  and sent as documentation accompanying personal effects and house hold goods shipped by the returning resident through a shipping company. A US consulate has nothing to do with these forms and they have nothing to do with a person boarding an international flight to the US . 

i understand things are complex and not easy to sort through but there are things not adding up here.. you would have needed to show your US passport at checkin in order to be given a boarding pass. 

Why were you “ entering as a new citizen” if you have been a citizen since 2006 and had an expired passport ? The sealed envelope is used by those who have successfully been granted an immigrant visa ..  which a US citizen can never be granted .. just trying to understand  so we can help 

Thanks for your response!

i am and was as confused as you!

so the form i was given wasn't for goods. It was for the replacement of the passport i could not open. This is what i was given and what i was told to produce upon arrival. 
My check in was the same in the UK. I produced the paperwork i was given! 
Im guessing i did something wrong between here and there????

i don’t remember producing a UK passport. 
i just asked my mother and she says i had an immigrant visa! 

i was entering as a new citizen because I had greencard status until 2006. When i travelled to the states in 07 i was issued the US passport in the envelope before my flight and given the papers to use. 

thank you for clarifying the immigration visa part because i was so confused. 
i must have had an immigrant visa. But then why would i be given paperwork to use instead of the visa!? 
this is where i think i went wrong.

1 hour ago, Family said:

I just realized the Father of your Child is definitely part of the CBRA, so bloody hell, why would your attorney  not send in  new forms where the Father is applying so his PHYSICAL PRESENCE can be submitted and considered!!! 

I’m sure you can get the father to log into Social Security and print out his Statement of Earnings , then send for a certified copy from SS! His credit report …tax returns..

ARGH!!! I feel your frustration but at this point it’s w your legal rep! Just have father do new forms , notarize them , add his proof of presence and send IT IN. You can make the deadline.

Thanks for your response!!

we prepared all paperwork needed for the father for the second interview. The rep flicked through it and came back to me and asked me for more proof of my citizenship 😩

Everything is ready to go but we are waiting on the entry exit paperwork from customs. My lawyer thinks that without it my crba will be denied again judging from the reps decisions each time and what proof he asks for. 

2 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

Everything is ready to go but we are waiting on the entry exit paperwork from customs. My lawyer thinks that without it my crba will be denied again judging from the reps decisions each time and what proof he asks for. 

Please ask your lawyer to GIVE you a copy of the DS-2029 and DS-5507 ( hopefully signed and notarized by father of the baby ) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html

After seeing you were denied ONCE before , seeing you cannot gather acceptable proof of physical presence yourself, the second application should have been MADE by the Father of the baby! 
Get lawyer to email you exact copies of what he filed! 

Because even IF you have a tough time proving physical presence for 5 years, the father won’t , right? 

21 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

Thanks for your response!

i am and was as confused as you!

so the form i was given wasn't for goods. It was for the replacement of the passport i could not open. This is what i was given and what i was told to produce upon arrival. 
My check in was the same in the UK. I produced the paperwork i was given! 
Im guessing i did something wrong between here and there????

i don’t remember producing a UK passport. 
i just asked my mother and she says i had an immigrant visa! 

i was entering as a new citizen because I had greencard status until 2006. When i travelled to the states in 07 i was issued the US passport in the envelope before my flight and given the papers to use. 

thank you for clarifying the immigration visa part because i was so confused. 
i must have had an immigrant visa. But then why would i be given paperwork to use instead of the visa!? 
this is where i think i went wrong.

At my consulate interview, the rep also asked me where the visa or stamp was in my UK passport as there wasnt one in there for my entry into the US in 2013. I entered as a citizen in 2013 so i wouldnt need a visa as i have had a passport since 07. What is confusing is that there is no entry stamp and im being told that there is supposed to be. I didnt sneak through security so what went wrong!? 

this is why the entry and exit records have been requested so i can prove I was in the States for 5 or more years before the birth of my child. 

this is also confusing! 

2 minutes ago, Family said:

Please ask your lawyer to GIVE you a copy of the DS-2029 and DS-5507 ( hopefully signed and notarized by father of the baby ) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html

After seeing you were denied ONCE before , seeing you cannot gather acceptable proof of physical presence yourself, the second application should have been MADE by the Father of the baby! 
Get lawyer to email you exact copies of what he filed! 

Because even IF you have a tough time proving physical presence for 5 years, the father won’t , right? 

Yes we have all of that paperwork. I have it physically here with me. I had to leave my child here in the UK and travel back to the US twice in September and October last year just to get all of this paperwork signed and notorized. This was produced at my interview in February and i was denied as i didnt have an entry stamp in my US passport  or a visa in my UK passport to prove that I entered and resided in the US before my child was born. This is the documentation the rep asked me to submit within 90 days. That proof or a birth certificate with both parents. I want to provide BOTH for the rep so he cant deny me again. My friend in the embassy says he is giving me a hard time. He has accepted all other evidence at this point but is now asking for one already submitted birth certificate AGAIN, and entry proof. At my interview i asked if these two pieces of evidence will get me approved and he said “ i can’t guarantee that it will. Submit your evidence with 90 days of the date on this paper “ 

i cried and my child tried to console me. This rep had the cheek to giggle. 
i should write a post about my experience with him 😒 my first interview my child was newborn. He called my number and watched me gather up my newborn and evidence to come to his window. I guess i took too long. Not even 10 seconds and he tells me to go sit back down wait for another appointment as i missed my ticket call. 
the man literally watched me gather my things and come to his window 😒 

16 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

we prepared all paperwork needed for the father for the second interview. The rep flicked through it and came back to me and asked me for more proof of my citizenship 😩

If your lawyer prepared “ paperwork “  = DS-2029 and DS-5507 signed and notarized by the USC Father with SS/Taxes/etc of the Baby’s Father …..and has not already argued this in the Response “ everything is ready to go.” . Then spend some time , look over these forms and argue it yourself! 

Application is now by USC from father , here’s proof of 5years for father . 

2 hours ago, Family said:

1. Email or send by post to London Embassy “ Request for Additional Time to submit Required Documentation “ 

2. File for a copy of your own CBRA ( Consulate Report of Birth Abroad ) u can do it online link attached. Assuming was issued in 2006 when you first came in to US…unless u already have a copy. Link attached: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/records-and-authentications/requesting-a-vital-record-as-a-u-s--citizen/replace-amend-CRBA.html

3. Your child was born in 2018 and it sounds like you have been going at this alone , without the USC father filing with you and acknowledging paternity ( doing DNA per consulate instr and signing up for child support) …this is what they tried to tell you when they said father not being considered. They know he is on B/C but is MIA in the CBRA for ur child. He can be added , and you will have an easier time gathering proof. 

4. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-h-chapter-3
Assuming app for your child is “ Child born out of wedlock to USC mother “ you will see they are asking You to show 5 years TOTAL in the US ( 3 years can be before you turned 14 and only 2 years after you turned 14…) before 2018 ( baby is born) …they are NOT asking for 2013 to 2018 specifically. 

5. Figure out what age you came to US ( 2006) how long you stayed in US each time and ask your parents for help. More than likely they claimed you as dependent on their taxes and if you did not work in the US , maybe they sent you money to pay rent, beauty school tuition or even co signed for student loan at that time…if you have cosmetology license , contact the State Board for records. 

6. Focus on WHERE you were living , you paid rent , had driver’s license, had us bank accounts, maybe established credit ( pull credit report copy). If you ever worked in the US , then Social Security Earnings Report would show the years, 

7. Sworn Affidavits from parents, friends, old neighbors, old jobs..

8. Not sure why ur attorney said they are giving u a hard time..but they are not. It’s just a bit complex but glad you posted hope you get many responses! 

9. Also hope the father of child steps in , but no matter what if you spent the time here then you can do this alone too. 

Thank you for your response!

1. will definitely be doing that. Thank you

2. I wasn’t a CRBA case. I wont have a crba record of my own. (Not sure if thats what you meant)

3. father is fully involved and has had his paperwork and all accompanying documents. My lawyer prepared his paperwork and I flew back to have it all notorized with him. The consulate haven’t asked for DNA and child support as he already supports and has acknowledged paternity. All supporting docs to show this will be resubmitted too. 

4. my five years total would be from 2013-2018 as that is when I entered the United States permanently. I had to finish school and college in UK before moving to the US as part of my fathers request. I was traveling back and forth before 2013 when i could. And permanently moved 2 weeks after I finished college lol! This is why it’s difficult for me to gather the evidence from 2013. A week after my arrival I got my state ID and did my driving test. Got my license and got a job! I provided the w2 and paystubs for that but was told its not enough proof. I need to show that i was passport stamped into the US. 

5. My cosmetology license was submitted in the last packet. Along with letter from the director of the school stating transcripts in the spa are not kept for that long. Its a spa. We did a month theory and the rest practical. Took a paper register in the morning. It was quite informal if im honest. I still speak with a tutor who says she can write me a reference. 

6. i provided leases if where i lived, rep said thats not physical proof as i could have rented the place and left america. I asked if he though i was rich enough to do that. A student with a job just rents an apartment and then leaves the country. For what? 
i provided bank statements, he said that its somewhat proof as the atm transactions show i was physically present at the atm but doesn’t prove that it was ACTUALLY me withdrawing the money. If i had the physical receipt, that would have been proof. From 2013 😒

7. Sworn affidavits from my massage clients and a coworker from a job i was at for 3 years were included. Rep said i still could have left the country. He didn’t deny the proof he just said i could have still left the country. He is asking for 5 consecutive years. Im giving what i have and 2013 my first year in the US is where he is focused. I cant even access the email address i had back then! 😩

thank you so much for responding!! We are not alone. Daddy is in this with us lol. This is why its so confusing to my lawyer that im being denied based in my information even though daddy’s information is there too. 

32 minutes ago, Family said:

If your lawyer prepared “ paperwork “  = DS-2029 and DS-5507 signed and notarized by the USC Father with SS/Taxes/etc of the Baby’s Father …..and has not already argued this in the Response “ everything is ready to go.” . Then spend some time , look over these forms and argue it yourself! 

Application is now by USC from father , here’s proof of 5years for father . 

My lawyer definitely sent a stern letter involving the congressman with the last packet. Im not sure how much effect it had as im being asked for these last two pieces of evidence. I was advised my my friend in the embassy to have the congressman write a letter to the consulate if im not issued my childs passport after submitting this evidence. Shes worked in the embassy for over 30 years and said they may be looking at me as a child trafficker of my child too. 
i wish i was more savvy with this as i feel like im just the idiot in the middle. 
I have my childs father doing it from his side but advised by the lawyer to wait until i submit this evidence before he files the application from his end. What do you think? Put the application in motion whilst mine is in motion too?
 Thank you for your help. Im crying again🤦‍♀️
i have nobody savvy but the lawyer to speak with about this so thank you! 

3 hours ago, Family said:

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-h-chapter-5

Make your attorney earn his money and have him look to see if he can use “ Grandparent “ ( your dad) physical presence in US 

Thank you. We have explored this option too. My dad was on board at first but he’s very fickle with me. I have asked him again and he says he will help if it all fails first. 🤦‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

We are not alone. Daddy is in this with us lol. This is why its so confusing to my lawyer that im being denied based in my information even though daddy’s information is there too. 

You did a very thorough job in gathering everything but the kitchen sink to prove your own physical presence…but once it switched to Daddy there is no reason to worry at all! You will absolutely get it. The entry ( for you) is no longer relevant and YES , that Officer created unnecessary roadblocks BUT YOU pulled through amazingly! 

9 minutes ago, Depressed M said:

I have my childs father doing it from his side but advised by the lawyer to wait until i submit this evidence before he files the application from his end. What do you think? Put the application in motion whilst mine is in motion too?

YES. YES YES

Your lawyer is giving me a headache!LOL! 

3 minutes ago, Family said:

You did a very thorough job in gathering everything but the kitchen sink to prove your own physical presence…but once it switched to Daddy there is no reason to worry at all! You will absolutely get it. The entry ( for you) is no longer relevant and YES , that Officer created unnecessary roadblocks BUT YOU pulled through amazingly! 

You’re making me ugly cry right now. 🥹🥹🥹

thank you for your help and kind words. Its been so hard trying to stay away from dark thoughts! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.