Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bariskurt said:

It’s not same but legit. You should respond immediately. Most likely they waive the interview and approve your green card. That’s what I heard from 2 lawyers 

Yeah, I think we are just going to go thru the I-693 medical instead of resisting.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/798160-how-likely-will-i-get-a-rfe-ds-3025/?tab=comments#comment-10822068

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We just had the GC interview. Unfortunately, it turns out the reason why we were selected to go to the interview is because they were unable to get her fingerprints twice as well as at the interview itself. So now we will get an RFE to provide police clearance records for the past 5 years. I really, really hope that we can just resubmit a copy of the police certificate used at the K1.

6 hours ago, Gauchos said:

We just had the GC interview. Unfortunately, it turns out the reason why we were selected to go to the interview is because they were unable to get her fingerprints twice as well as at the interview itself. So now we will get an RFE to provide police clearance records for the past 5 years. I really, really hope that we can just resubmit a copy of the police certificate used at the K1.

So sorry that happened! I am not sure how they were able to mess up the biometrics twice. We have our GC interview in two weeks, I'm  hoping it will go smoothly as so many others interviews were already waived. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, nena_bby said:

So sorry that happened! I am not sure how they were able to mess up the biometrics twice. We have our GC interview in two weeks, I'm  hoping it will go smoothly as so many others interviews were already waived. 

Yeah, tough break, but it could always be worse. They explicitly told us that we were called for an interview because of the fingerprint issue, so if you've had two biometrics appointments then I suggest you get police certificates ready for your interview. They didn't even tell us the issue until the end of the interview. They would have accepted police certificates right there, but of course how were we to know that we needed them?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
On 3/15/2023 at 11:28 AM, Gauchos said:

I recall some other folks on here getting RFEs for I-693 medicals and then quickly getting their GCs approved without an interview so this may actually be a good sign for you.

Seems you were right! RFE was for medical (though we, of course, did a medical for the K1 and submitted the vaccine form with our AOS app). But we did another one anyways and just a few days after our response was received, our case was approved! Green card arrived in the mail today!! 

Hope everyone still waiting also has good news soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jo&kri said:

Congratulations 🙌🏾 
we are still waiting 

Our NOA date is may 5, 22. It did take forever. 

Dont know why travel document did not get approve and they did not offer a combo card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm a former K1 applicant and applied for AOS on 04/12/2022. My local office is Atlanta, GA. I got my second active review on 04/07/2023, what's 12 days ago. From everything I've been reading, people received approvals or RFEs shortly after that, but not me. I've been looking every day under document section and nothing. When I look at Atlanta's processing time, it says 38.5months. 😲 What are your experiences with 2nd active review and have you been in the same situation? 

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ctechz said:

NOA WAS APRIL/18... anyone got RFE for marriage certificate ? even though you know for a fact you submitted it. 

Yes, I got it. Don't overthink it, just send them the marriage certificate again. I also added the passport information pages for both of us, the entry document and a cover letter stating the entry and marriage dates, signed by both of us. Probably way more than was needed, but I got approved after this. 

Edited by Dapplegrim

Timeline

Green card approved! They are really dedicated to getting fingerprints - the approval came with a notice that we may be required to do biometrics again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gauchos said:

Green card approved! They are really dedicated to getting fingerprints - the approval came with a notice that we may be required to do biometrics again.

Congratulations. 
when did you filed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.