Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carlos.Brazil said:

How long did your expedite take?

Hard to say if this has anything to do with the expedite request. They gave us an appt at the local field office where we were basically denied expedite since we couldn't provide docs to request emergency expedite. So not sure...expedite was placed Oct 21st.

Edited by DRAS
Addition

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, DRAS said:

Hard to say if this has anything to do with the expedite request. They gave us an appt at the local field office where we were basically denied expedite since we couldn't provide docs to request emergency expedite. So not sure...expedite was placed Oct 21st.

Hmm wait, so did you request an expedite for your original I-131 AND submit for Emergency Advanced Parole? (As far as I'm aware, those are two different processes, and it sounds like your expedite from October 21st was still in place, unless that date was for the Emergency AP appointment in person?) 

And I had assumed it was the expedite that was approved because it seems those are the only people that are still getting the Combo cards, even though they were decoupled earlier this year)

Edited by Carlos.Brazil

We called for an expedite for travel and they instead gave us an appt at local office perhaps to pursue that while this gets processed. We filled some form at the local office but didn't get an emergency one, that one anyway they said was only valid for 30 days or may be 60 tops that too beginning that day. So we decided against it since our travel plans are in the future. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

This is insane seriously! 245 days and nothing.. I’ll place the expedite request for my 131 let’s see.. Everyone does the same thing and like 80% approved.. the rest just keep waiting.. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Bariskurt said:

This is insane seriously! 245 days and nothing.. I’ll place the expedite request for my 131 let’s see.. Everyone does the same thing and like 80% approved.. the rest just keep waiting.. 

It's taking a while for expedites to get approved too, I'm assuming the holiday season won't be helping either.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone! Adjusting from K1, still waiting and honestly getting worried. I did my medical back in January, in my home country. Will I have to do it again in the US before the interview, if the process will take more than a year?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dapplegrim said:

Hi everyone! Adjusting from K1, still waiting and honestly getting worried. I did my medical back in January, in my home country. Will I have to do it again in the US before the interview, if the process will take more than a year?  

You won't. I called USCIS last week to check that b/c his medical was a full year ago today. The representative says that the medical is now valid for TWO years b/c of the backlog, so he's fine.

Timeline

So I requested a call back from a tier 2 officer this morning since a previous agent told me this was an available option if your expedite request has passed 30 days with no response. Received a call 30 minutes later (But apparently it can take up to 30 days to receive the call). My wife and I explained the situation and the Tier 2 officer said we also have the option of Emergency Advanced Parole, but the problem is we wouldn't be able to travel until mid January. So he scheduled an appointment for us on January 11th for Emergency AP and told us what documents to bring. He also mentioned that he would send an inquiry to NBC about the current expedite request since it has not been responded to. We received a few emails about the appointment and the inquiry he made on the current expedite request, saying "After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the National Benefits Center". 

I see many people receiving responses about 1.5 months after their expedites, so hopefully something soon. Will keep you guys updated.

Timeline
Just now, JohnnyForeigner said:

You got a combo card ?

I too filed in April but got EAD with no AP in late November.

Same here, only EAD in July. It looks like those who expedited are the ones receiving combo cards.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, JohnnyForeigner said:

You got a combo card ?

I too filed in April but got EAD with no AP in late November.

I was wishing you. And no, we did not get anything yet. It sound like they are not considering all expedite requests.

April 2022 filer here.

My EAD arrived late November.

I am still waiting for AP and have sent a request to expedite.

My field office is Atlanta. Processing times ( 80% ) have jumped from 28 months to 30 months to 32.5 months in the past 10 weeks !

So, even if they send it to field office, I will have a long wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I called for an update because I was having trouble with my USCIS website access.

Told by operator that "someone was working on" my I-485 and I-131 as of Dec 29th 2022 but she was unable to see, what if any action was taken.

I do not know if this is linked to my request to expedite AP or not.

Maybe I am getting some news soon ?

Timeline

I-131 Advanced Parole approved today! Just got a notification from Case Tracker saying it was approved! Not sure if it was because of an expedite or if it was just normal processing. Hope this means everyone will get theirs soon as well!🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 1/5/2023 at 6:49 PM, Carlos.Brazil said:

I-131 Advanced Parole approved today! Just got a notification from Case Tracker saying it was approved! Not sure if it was because of an expedite or if it was just normal processing. Hope this means everyone will get theirs soon as well!🥳

Hey Carlos, congratulations. Did you send a fax for your expedite request? Cos I also requested expedite for my advance parole on Dec 6th and received an email saying that I need to send proofs on Dec 27th. After I faxed the documents on same day no news since then..and is it 2 years AP or 1?

Edited by Bariskurt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.